US Constitution ~ 225th Anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Constitution ~ 225th Anniversary

Today is the 225th anniversary of the U.S. Constitution. On this day, the Constitution was officially adopted in 1787, replacing the Articles of Confederation.

The U.S. Constitution Center has several events planned to ring in the 225th anniversary including a grand finale this September.
    Link to the Center's website to learn more.

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — The Historical Society of Pennsylvania is putting six original drafts and copies of the Constitution of the United States on display in honor of the document’s 225th anniversary.

The historical society will put the copies and drafts on display for five hours on Tuesday. The Constitution was officially adopted on Sept. 17, 1787, replacing the Articles of Confederation.

Among the items on display is one of 11 original printings remaining.

Historical society President Kim Sajet tells The Philadelphia Inquirer (http://bit.ly/PJfpRt ) the drafts and copies are only displayed on special occasions. They’re usually locked in a vault at the society’s building.

A number of Philadelphia’s other historical sites are hosting events for the anniversary, including the National Constitution Center.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/20...a9M/story.html
    "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Seldom do such magnificent things as our Constitution happen in the world.

We are most fortunate!

God Bless The United States of America & We, The People!

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Amen, Wes!

I would like to take this moment to share a favorite quote of mine...

"All of us have an obligation
      to study the Constitution and participate actively
      in the system of self-government it establishes."

- Ronald Reagan
      "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Here, here.

"I am the Lorax, and I'll yell and I'll shout for the fine things on earth that are on their way out!"

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"The trouble with Scotland...is that it's full of Scots!"

Comment

We the people...
          This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X