Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PRUSSIAN ARMY REGIMENTS OF THE SEVEN YEARS WAR (1756-1763)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRUSSIAN ARMY REGIMENTS OF THE SEVEN YEARS WAR (1756-1763)

Hi,

Can someone tell me where I can find on the web a detailed list of the Prussian Army regiments of the Seven Years' War (1756-1763)?

Regards,

Richard

Someting like this maybe ?

http://www.kronoskaf.com/syw/index.p..._OOB_August_26
    High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.
    Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
      Thanks for the link! It's a nice one but we can not find for each regiment the full name like this: "Königin Augusta Garde-Grenadier-Regt. Nr.4".

Comment

Originally posted by Hussard5 View Post
        Thanks for the link! It's a nice one but we can not find for each regiment the full name like this: "Königin Augusta Garde-Grenadier-Regt. Nr.4".
        That particular one was only instated in 1860 apparently, so naturally it would not appear in an OOB of 1756.

Der Verband wurde am 5. Mai 1860 als 4. Garde-Grenadier-Regiment aufgestellt. Der Vorgängerverband war das Garde-Füsilier-Regiment, dies bestand seit 1826 als Garde-Reserve-(Landwehr) Regiment. Bis zu seiner im Jahre 1860 erfolgten Umwandlung in ein aktives Regiment hatte es an der Kopfbedeckung das Landwehrkreuz.
        https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%B...Regiment_Nr._4

The Prussian army of course was rather eclectic in nature, partially due to its feudal composition, so it's pretty much unique for each war, or even campaign.

By 1860 it's Bismarcks army, not Fredericks..

I'm sure you can find a 1860 OOB somewhere - I'll see if I can find one later today
        Last edited by Snowygerry; 05 Mar 19, 06:49.
        High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.
        Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X