Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

One other note I have seen a lot is theme/color related items. I know this is important to all of you but at the moment the most important thing was getting you back a functioning forum with as many features I can get you back from before.

Theme/color is something we can change but it the moment I do not have the time and resources to fix all of the issue and design the site. I did do some theme updates yesterday but it is very time consuming. Please just be patient with the forum as we get it back to as close as I can to what you had before.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

What country was the first to recognize the Brasil?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What country was the first to recognize the Brasil?

On September 7, 1822, Dom Pedro I decided to end the Lusitanian colonial exploration by proclaiming Brazilian independence.

https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histór...ério_do_Brasil

Originally posted by Lusitano View Post
    On September 7, 1822, Dom Pedro I decided to end the Lusitanian colonial exploration by proclaiming Brazilian independence.

https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histór...ério_do_Brasil
    Complicated - Britain in the person of her ambassador Stuart was the first to negotiate a treaty with Brazil as an independent nation but the treaty was repudiated by Prime Minister Canning. President Munro (possibly spurred by Stuarts activities) then recognised Brazil by the USA but the USA did not sign any treaty with the country (blame Congress) until after France and other European nations did.
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

So the first country to recognize Brazil's independence was Portugal itself. Unless the question was meant to read: Which was the first foreign country..."
      dit: Lirelou

Phong trần mài một lưỡi gươm, Những loài giá áo túi cơm sá gì!

Comment

Originally posted by lirelou View Post
        So the first country to recognize Brazil's independence was Portugal itself. Unless the question was meant to read: Which was the first foreign country..."
        The problem was in part caused by the evacuation of the Portugese Court to Brfasil to escape the French occupation of Portugal. Even when Wellington liberated Portugal the court stayed put. This sowed doubt as to what was the status of Brasil versus Portugal proper and the treaty of 1810 was signed by Portugal (in the form of the court in Brasil) and a number of other countries to clarify this. It had not been altered when Brasil obtained defacto independence and to make this fully de jure a new treaty had to be signed by every one involved in the original one including Portugal. this took time especially as Congress were being somewhat obtuse at the time (how unusual ).
        Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
        Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by lirelou View Post
          Let's reverse my question about.
          America the first country to recognize was england.
          That I know about the recognition about america was france holanda portugal morocco.
          ( The Independence of Brazil, which occurred on September 7, 1822 )

Primeira invasão francesa de Portugal
          First French invasion of Portugal

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasi...Portugal_(1807)

Portugal1801 war of the oranges portugal v spain.
          Olivença portuguese territory is annexed by spain, our pain and our hatred about spain still holds two centuries have passed.
          Olivença is Portuguese territory since the year 1228
          This is the History of the Village of Olivença, that was conquered, in 1228, to the Moors, by D. Afonso Henriques. King of Portugal
          Olivença area 750 km 2
          Today Spain is crying for Gibraltar.
          I, as a Portuguese, know gibraltar Spanish territory when
          Spain deliver olivença ceuta etc to portugal, if spain understands that england is pirate, also i understand that spain has been and is pirate to portugal
          Spain has a great can to ask what it has given to England.
          Portugal is bordered by two countries galiza and castile spain only the whole world recognizes the Iberian peninsula with two portuga v spain countries.
          Wrong wrong wrong speak history

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X