The Colonists - professions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Colonists - professions

As new colonists in North Carolina, what would be your profession?

Sir Richard Engelhard is the governor of the territory, he is accompanied by the baillif, George Ashdown.

Unfortunately, Mr. Ashdown has fallen ill during the last part of the voyage.

Greets,
    Stratego
    Captain
    4.35%
    Secretary
    4.35%
    Doctor
    4.35%
    Chaplain
    4.35%
    Purser
    4.35%
    Boatswain
    0.00%
    Musician
    0.00%
    Merchant
    4.35%
    Blacksmith
    8.70%
    Laborer
    0.00%
    Laborer
    4.35%
    Laborer
    0.00%
    Brewer
    13.04%
    Cobbler
    0.00%
    Tailor
    0.00%
    Carpenter
    4.35%
    Mason
    4.35%
    Sailor
    4.35%
    Sailor
    4.35%
    Soldier
    8.70%
    Soldier
    4.35%
    Soldier
    4.35%
    Farmer
    4.35%
    Farmer
    4.35%
    Farmer
    4.35%

The poll is expired.

Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Master John Wayland Smith is proud to be the Blacksmith for this new venture of ours. Horseshoes and hoes a priority he trusts?

Back in the old country he made his way as a gunsmith, but is looking forward to resuming a more peaceable trade...
    Captain Khryses, Silver Star Omnilift Wing

Comment

I would gladly serve as chaplain for the adventure and tend to the flock as defender of the faith and minister to the sick and lowly.
      "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
      Groucho Marx

Comment

Soldier Reginald Garrot reporting for duty sir
        (we just make up our own names, right?)

I will go inward and search for savages now while the rest of you get to work.

Comment

Originally posted by RepublicanGuard View Post
          Soldier Reginald Garrot reporting for duty sir
          (we just make up our own names, right?)

I will go inward and search for savages now while the rest of you get to work.
          May God be with you.
          "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
          Groucho Marx

Comment

'Doctor' Svensson, a man of many talents, has acquired his medical skills in Denmark.
            You have to be in really dire straits before you're seeing a doctor like him.
            At the moment he is just pondering what concoction to administer to Mr. Ashdown
            Last edited by Colonel Sennef; 20 Jun 10, 14:07.
            BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

Jacques Piron is one of the few members that joined the expedition not to free himself from opression or religious intolerance in France. As a young man he is only attracted by the adventure. He received the post of secretary to Sir Engelhard thanks to his father who was cartographer under Samuel Champlain.
              He is frail of stature and looks rather too "clean" and "polished" for such a rough expedition. However, he's got a good head on his shoulders and is very eager learn.
              When the colonists saw him hanging over the railing of the "Splendid" as they departed from England, many thought that he wouldn't last a month in the wilderness of the New World...
              Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

William Bailey was educated at modest religious schools. He knows the scriptures fairly well, but would just as soon empty a tankard of ale, truth be told.

It is rumored he set sail for the New World to escape a poor reputation.
                Groucho Marx

Comment

Thomas Davis is the second son of a prosperous farmer who wants a chance to be prosperous himself in the New World.

Comment

Abraham Putnam, the purser, is wondering how the colony is going to make it through the winter with such a poor supply situation...
                    History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                    _________
                    BoRG

Comment

I am Master John Bryan, brewer and purveyor of fine ales extrodanaire, recently arrived from the continent, where I studied under British and Belgian brewmasters, also with German Monks in the art of brewing fine beer. I expect to do more of the same in this new land of endless possibilities. I specialize in English porter, pale ale, barley wines, bitter, mild and Belgian Trappist ales that use wild yeast..
                      "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

I'll be Ezekiel Anderson, the Captain . . I guess I just need to fill in his background story now.
                        Last edited by Double Deuce; 21 Jun 10, 07:20.
                        [Official Game Thread] "To the Berezina River" Napoleonic Game

Comment

James Tyson is a young soldier trained in the old world. He has some combat experience but is full youthful vigor and eager to learn more. He is not one to shy away from labor in order to help the new colony but always has his weapon near by and is ready to defend his fellow colonist.

Thanks for looking!!

Comment

Walter Blackstone is a soldier, younger than most. Always looking for a new adventure he has come to the new world. Some experience in the field of battle. He is always looking for a way to help. He will always help when called upon to preform his task throughly. He will accept feedback gladly, and will always try to improve.
                            Last edited by Johnny_Reb; 22 Jun 10, 15:05.
                            In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes
                            - Benjamin Franklin, U.S. statesman, author, and scientist

Comment

Robert Pittman Hines, a 39 year old Gunner's Mate will be my character. I started out as a Scottish landsman onboard a coastal merchant, and as an ordinary seaman I was "written in the books" of the Royal Navy after the Sicilian flagged merchantman I was aboard was badly mauled by a squadron of Barbary Corsairs, and rescued only by the efforts of 2 valiant sloops of war of the Mediterranean Squadron. After 12 years service aboard the HMS Prince Royal as Able Seaman and then Gunner's Mate, I was allowed to leave. My pitiful savings wasn't enough to start a family in my native Scotland, but I heard of riches to be found in the new world, and the Company was willing to sponsor my passage because they knew they would require men with experience in artillery for the new colony.

My duties are to care, supervise, and train anyone needed for the 2x three pounders brought over in the hold, and to eventually mount the remaining 6 12 pounders from the ship's battery in either a fort or coastal battery if necessary. But my intentions are to get a fishing boat and make a living doing what I learned to do as a boy.......
                              Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X