Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Colonists

April 1640

You are a group of 82 colonists just having arrived on the shores of North Carolina. You’ve arrived in the New World to start up a new life. The Old World is one of war and suppression and all of you have had difficulties to make ends meet. You have therefore left Europe with the promise of being free and independent. Amongst you, there are farmers and soldiers, blacksmiths and carpenters, traders and priests. Although at least half of you are from England, there are also some Irish and Scots, French, Germans and also a few Swedes and Danes. All of you have your own religion...some are Catholics, others Anglicans, Lutherans or Calvinists.

You stand under the leadership of Sir Roger of Engelhard. He has received the land from King Charles and after years of careful preparation, has finally decided to sail the Atlantic to live in his “Promised Land”. He hopes to start up a colony there together with all of you. With the ships a basic of supplies and materials have been brought along to get you all started for the first few months.

It is the intention that you all become self-sufficient in a very short period of time. You must, because supplies from England will only arrive every six months.

Good luck colonists !!!!

Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Map of our territory !

For future reference: map of the colonist's territory at the time of landing on the 5th of April 1640 (according to cartographer Fawcett in 1606).

Originally posted by Stratego View Post
    Below you will find the map of the land appointed to the governor 12 year's ago. The red cross is where the colonists have landed. The "Splendid" was not able to sail much further inland.
    The map is based on the drawings of an English cartographer, Fawcett, who made a crossing to the new world in 1606 with a merchant vessel.
    The edges of the map are about three to four hours march North, South, East and West from the dead center.

This will help you all in determing the area where to build your colony...

Greets,
    Stratego
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Stratego; 25 Jun 10, 16:12.
    Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

Damn! I missed this until today. Will there be a top up of players when the supply fleet arrives?
      Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Originally posted by Rojik View Post
        Damn! I missed this until today. Will there be a top up of players when the supply fleet arrives?
        There are still plenty of open slots in the first wave.
        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

OK, to give some perspective to my "ideal" colony location I have added a zoom with some distances (from the colony base to the projected boat launch/docks and the fields in the valley). If needed we will use the trees that would be blocking any view to these location as the wood for building projects so we kill 2 birds with one stone. Harvest wood and clear fields of view/fire. This should protect us from flooding from the river but keep us in a good control position.

Seeing how we lost our only cows on the trip over, its the least the GM can do.
          Attached Files
          [Official Game Thread] "To the Berezina River" Napoleonic Game

Comment

Originally posted by Double Deuce View Post
            OK, to give some perspective to my "ideal" colony location I have added a zoom with some distances (from the colony base to the projected boat launch/docks and the fields in the valley). If needed we will use the trees that would be blocking any view to these location as the wood for building projects so we kill 2 birds with one stone. Harvest wood and clear fields of view/fire. This should protect us from flooding from the river but keep us in a good control position.

Seeing how we lost our only cows on the trip over, its the least the GM can do.
            Sir, how much is a km in miles or feet?
            In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes
            - Benjamin Franklin, U.S. statesman, author, and scientist

Comment

I agree. What is this km of which you speak? From the map it looks like something between a mile and a furlong, but I'm not sure.
              Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny_Reb View Post
                Sir, how much is a km in miles or feet?
                Should be about 0.62 miles or 3,281 feet.

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                  I agree. What is this km of which you speak? From the map it looks like something between a mile and a furlong, but I'm not sure.
                  I believe that would be about a 4.9 furlong equivalent.

Comment

How many threads are there for this game?
                    History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                    _________
                    BoRG

Comment

I'll have to take an absence of 2 weeks and will therefore be missing for a few turns.

Remember my ideals if a tie emerges
                      -Catholic
                      -Loves the open Fields and Farming
                      -Is a hard worker in the heat(laborer) but knows outdoors well so can excel at foraging.
                      - As for the colony politics give me my hoe and stay out of my way.
                      God didn’t create evil. Evil is the result of when man does not have God's love in his heart.It's the cold when there is no heat.The darkness that comes when there is no light

Comment

Get over it!United States are good,you the rest,dont know how to to say it
                        Last edited by Boonierat; 23 Jan 11, 07:35.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X