Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

One other note I have seen a lot is theme/color related items. I know this is important to all of you but at the moment the most important thing was getting you back a functioning forum with as many features I can get you back from before.

Theme/color is something we can change but it the moment I do not have the time and resources to fix all of the issue and design the site. I did do some theme updates yesterday but it is very time consuming. Please just be patient with the forum as we get it back to as close as I can to what you had before.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

Obama hits 39% job approval

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bugreport View Post
    Oh, Obama and Fallout! Nice!

Comment

Why is the unicorn wearing a jogging suit and Obama has nothing on? Which one is master?
      "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
      — Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by Catman View Post
        Why is the unicorn wearing a jogging suit and Obama has nothing on? Which one is master?
        Its a Vault-suit.

And haven't you seen the Daniel Tosh and Obama picture?

Don't click if you have a weak stomach.

http://wildammo.com/wp-content/uploa...sh_unicorn.jpg

Comment

two more years
          two more years

anybody notice Zero has already aged about ten years
          and he hasn't even done anything yet?
          wait until he faces a real crisis.
          Human beings are the only creatures who are able to behave irrationally in the name of reason.

Comment

Originally posted by KICK View Post
            two more years
            two more years

anybody notice Zero has already aged about ten years
            and he hasn't even done anything yet?
            wait until he faces a real crisis.
            I had a teacher tell me once that whether you love or hate the current President, there is no denying it is a stressful job. Every President works hard and has to worry a heck of a lot about many, many things; from the best to the worst, it takes its toll.

Comment

39%

SO

Eisenhower is the only post war prez that hasn't fallen below 40%.

http://online.wsj.com/public/resourc...pp0605-31.html
              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                39%

SO

Eisenhower is the only post war prez that hasn't fallen below 40%.

http://online.wsj.com/public/resourc...pp0605-31.html
                Yup. While it's easy to bask in the schadenfreude, the fact is the poll in 2012 is the one to really look at.

At this stage in the economy and Presidency, it's hardly surprising that he's struggling. But how he proceeds in the next two years is what really matters.
                RPG Wisdom: There is nothing more exhilarating than having an opponent roll to hit without result.

Warhammer 40K Wisdom: Heresy grows from buggy servers.

Try to learn the difference between prudence and paranoia.

Comment

I expect the President's popularity to increase, as he has finally begun to "triangulate" himself, setting himself as separate from the Democrats in Congress, as President Clinton did in 1994.

In my view he from the beginning triangulated himself from the beginning on matters of foreign policy, although arguably this was more against the Democratic leadership than Democratic Rank and file.

Now he is triangulating on domestic policy. in my view a good thing. He made a terrible mistake, born of arrogance I would have to say, when he tried to run a parliamentary government after taking office. Most republicans were only too happy to play along.

Now we have to wait and see if the newly elected Republicans will act lock-step with the previous no compromise agenda or if they will do their jobs and represent their constituents. I have my doubts they will. I'm sure if they don't many of them will be voted out in 2012.

Comment

See?
                    6 months ago, when people were saying that Obami's approval rating was the same as Reagan at that same point, I said that the difference was that Reagan's numbers were going up, and Obama's are headed down.

and, since Obama is blaming everything on Republicans, and has been all along... even WITH this super-majority... I doubt anyone will notice.
                    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Exorcist View Post
                      See?
                      There are only about five or six people that post here regularly who feel positively towards Obama;; you're not really showing anybody up, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by daemonofdecay View Post
                        There are only about five or six people that post here regularly who feel positively towards Obama;; you're not really showing anybody up, mate.
                        It the irregular ones that need to be shown up.
                        You know what I mean.
                        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Exorcist View Post
                          See?
                          6 months ago, when people were saying that Obami's approval rating was the same as Reagan at that same point, I said that the difference was that Reagan's numbers were going up, and Obama's are headed down.
                          Reagan's ratings were poor during a deep recession- unemployment was around the same level as it is now.
                          Zhitomir-Berdichev, West of Kiev: 24 Dec 1943-31 Jan 1944
                          Stalin's Favorite: The Combat History of the 2nd Guards Tank Army
                          Barbarossa Derailed I & II
                          Battle of Kalinin October 1941

Comment

Originally posted by lakechampainer View Post
                            I expect the President's popularity to increase, as he has finally begun to "triangulate" himself, setting himself as separate from the Democrats in Congress, as President Clinton did in 1994.

In my view he from the beginning triangulated himself from the beginning on matters of foreign policy, although arguably this was more against the Democratic leadership than Democratic Rank and file.

Now he is triangulating on domestic policy. in my view a good thing. He made a terrible mistake, born of arrogance I would have to say, when he tried to run a parliamentary government after taking office. Most republicans were only too happy to play along.

Now we have to wait and see if the newly elected Republicans will act lock-step with the previous no compromise agenda or if they will do their jobs and represent their constituents. I have my doubts they will. I'm sure if they don't many of them will be voted out in 2012.
                            Just you wait, Henry Higgins,
                            Just you wait......

In less than one month he will face Republican Majority in the house,
                            which will try to repeal his major accomplishment ( I believe he thinks so )
                            - Obamacare.
                            IMO we will see the whole 10 yards of triangulation
                            Dixi.

Beware of Occam's razor !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
                              Statistics are like bikinis. What they don't hide is suggestive, what they do hide is vital.
                              And here I thought it was they show you alot but little of what's really useful....

Comment

The gallup poll shows 46% approval rating, which in light of the mid terms and the state of the economy is not all that bad.

Not that I give a fig for Obama, my being Canadian and him being a corporate straw man, and all that.

Those who hate the fact that he is Prez can thank Dubya for his being where he is. He's the reason that he's there in the first place.
                                "Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way." - Christopher Hitchens

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X