Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Richa333 - Folks I have some really distressing news about one of our friends.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctor Sinister
    replied
    For the record, I unstickied the thread. It had served its purpose. And I speak as someone who corresponded with him in real life, not just on the forums.

Dr. S.

Leave a comment:

• Admiral
    replied
    Bryan... Allens friendship & memory live on in my heart & that of all that knew & loved him. That will never change for those that feel as much as we do for him & his family. We know where our memories are & where we expressed our thoughts, feelings, & condolences to each other & to his family. This thread isn't Allen - he has gone on to greener fields - therefore, nothing has been thrown aside that was, or is, Allen. Nothing at all. It remains what it has been, & what it always will be...

As for your insulting hopes & wishes for others in the afterlife... Allen - good & faithful Christian that was he - would be the 1st to tell you you're most certainly wrong in expressing such a sentiment... even more for feeling it.

I know it.

Even more so... you know it!

We'll not be turning this thread into something Allen himself would frown upon.

Please to respect him & his memory by not acting the fool here.

God bless all Allen touched... that includes you, too, Bryan.

Leave a comment:

• cyberia
    replied
    Originally posted by Marines View Post
    A bit more disturbing is the fact that this dedication thread went the way of the dinosaur some time ago. Why was it "un-stickied" at all? My only hope is that in the afterlife, all of these people, mods etc, receive a constant caning to the nuts for a millenia.

A long-time member here was simply thrown aside.

Awesome job ACG...
    Are you serious! Curt sent flowers on all our behalf. Eric had the sensitivity to make a very generous donation of a living tribute in Israel. Members adopted Alan's avatar, added memorials to their siggies and a hell of a lot of members posted their heartfelt condolences.

I understand you miss your friend, but you are way out of line with this post!

Leave a comment:

• Marines
    replied
    A bit more disturbing is the fact that this dedication thread went the way of the dinosaur some time ago. Why was it "un-stickied" at all? My only hope is that in the afterlife, all of these people, mods etc, receive a constant caning to the nuts for a millenia.

A long-time member here was simply thrown aside.

Awesome job ACG...

Leave a comment:

• Wolfe Tone
    replied
    Havn't been on the Site for a while so only reading this today 22 September.

Sorry to hear this News and my condolences to his Family.

RIP Allen.

Leave a comment:

• Metryll
    replied
    Just learned about Allen. A very bad news. Like other posters I wish to salute courtesy and honesty he displayed here.

Leave a comment:

• Freightshaker
    replied
    Originally posted by CPangracs View Post
    A small thing, but did you happen to notice the ACG flower arrangement? I really hope his family got to see how the ACG community cared about Allen.
    Sorry Curt, I missed this. I didn't go up to look at the flower although I should have. Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• Marines
    replied
    Odd as it seems... This has been nominated for video of the year. Does it deserve said nomiation? I don't think so, but it's there nontheless.

Leave a comment:

• CPangracs
    replied
    Originally posted by freightshaker View Post
    I wanted to speak but they ran out of time. Even some family member didn't get to speak. I didn't stay for the internment or reception since I had to get home to start my home improvement jobs
    A small thing, but did you happen to notice the ACG flower arrangement? I really hope his family got to see how the ACG community cared about Allen.

Leave a comment:

• Freightshaker
    replied
    Originally posted by No_Nickname View Post
    Yes it is, and did you get to speak or did you get to meet with Allen's family?
    I wanted to speak but they ran out of time. Even some family member didn't get to speak. I didn't stay for the internment or reception since I had to get home to start my home improvement jobs

Leave a comment:

• No_Nickname
    replied
    Yes it is, and did you get to speak or did you get to meet with Allen's family?

Leave a comment:

• cyberia
    replied
    Wonderful that you were able to attend, Scott.

Leave a comment:

• Freightshaker
    replied
    Sorry, couldn't get on sooner. I had to move furniture yesterday (including my router) and installed laminate tile today.

It was a very nice service with lots of contemporary music. Most of the service was taken up by family and friends speaking about Allen. In fact, so many people wanted to speak that they had to cut that short due to time constraints. It was a very good showing with around 50-60 people (rough guess) and was around 2 hours long. It is a sad fact for me that I lived so close to Allen but only saw his face once he was in a casket.

In person Allen was the same happy-go-lucky person he was on the forums and often I could nod my head in agreement with some of the people speaking about him. He will be sorely missed.

Leave a comment:

• Salinator
    replied
    Originally posted by Kevin23 View Post
    I didn't really know or notice him while he was on the Forum, However RIP the fellow Armchair General Forum member I really never knew.

Allen would have loved this. Amongst his many attributes, he was a patriot.

Leave a comment:

• Secret Agent
    replied
    Wow...I was just thinking of him the other day, and happened to log on here today. That's so sad; may the Lord comfort his family.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X