Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Richa333 - Folks I have some really distressing news about one of our friends.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A very Fitting Tribute Eric..
    Now it's ten years later but he still keeps up the fight
    In Ireland, in Lebanon, in Palestine and Berkeley
    Patty Hearst heard the burst of Roland's Thompson gun and bought it

Comment

How about changing his own avatar to his picture? Eventually I figure everyone will move on and change to new avatars (or back to the old one).
      Check out our webpage for our NFL picks http://members.cox.net/mjohns59/

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho View Post
        How about changing his own avatar to his picture? Eventually I figure everyone will move on and change to new avatars (or back to the old one).
        But that was the avatar that he chose. Is it possible to add his picture to his signature?
        Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Oh Lords I just saw this after I noticed all the avatars. I thought it was his own until I read the name. Glad to have known a great man.
          The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

He was a loving husband and father. A spiritual man. He was also a comforting friend in times of my own grief - even as he was then beginning the greatest struggle of his life... that from which he has now passed.

I've often been led to point out that we are more than a simple lot, engaging in spirited debate, stubborn discussion, & insignificant banter that is inherent in most online websites... that we are very much a bit more than that. We are a community which also laughs & cries... sometimes shares & experiences great emotions & moments as its residents come to know & share a bit of their lives among us. Now one of us has passed & their voice & words are the stuff of memories to those that knew & loved him...

I can not think of a more fitting & enduring tribute that a community could provide into the future. Not only for the benifit & comfort of Allen's family - by this physical manifestation in memorium - but in its enduring, living, continuity in the Holy land, a place of some significance to him. Were he somehow able to still comment, I believe that - for once - such a thing might well leave Rich333 speechless. That - in itself - a significant thing.

I shall endeavor to someday visit this living grove, & to remember my friend, Allen Richards. I shall continue to ask Gods blessings upon his family, and all of his friends!

Thank You, Eric...

Wes
            On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by salinator View Post
              But that was the avatar that he chose. Is it possible to add his picture to his signature?
              Yeah I know and I thought about that. Just hate to see the avatar disappear once everybody moves on. Good idea with the sig line pic. I'm usually in the ASL section only and that side of the boards got rid of pics in the sig lines so I didn't think of that one.
              Check out our webpage for our NFL picks http://members.cox.net/mjohns59/

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Weider View Post
                I have Allen's home address now.

Through a great program called Trees for the Holy Land I will have a garden of 10 trees planted in Israel in Allen's name and memory.

They will send his wife a beautiful certificate to commerate this.

I think it is a fitting tribute to Allen.

I hope you guys agree.

That's a very special, moving gesture Eric....
                Don't just do it.... Over do it!!

Comment

I remember him from some of the earliest days of the site, always a great contributer to discussions. Rest in Peace.

I am, as I write this, making a donation for the Canadian Cancer Society.
                  There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full. -Henry Kissinger

Comment

I didn't really know or notice him while he was on the Forum, However RIP the fellow Armchair General Forum member I really never knew.

Comment

Originally posted by creeping death View Post
                      Good job! He would be proud.

Chad
                      I did my best given what was available. I've been working on another video that is by far, at least what I consider, a bit more professional. However, I've since given up on it.

Comment

Wow...I was just thinking of him the other day, and happened to log on here today. That's so sad; may the Lord comfort his family.
                        Nominated "Wing Nut" by Forum Staff member.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin23 View Post
                          I didn't really know or notice him while he was on the Forum, However RIP the fellow Armchair General Forum member I really never knew.

Allen would have loved this. Amongst his many attributes, he was a patriot.
                          Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Sorry, couldn't get on sooner. I had to move furniture yesterday (including my router) and installed laminate tile today.

It was a very nice service with lots of contemporary music. Most of the service was taken up by family and friends speaking about Allen. In fact, so many people wanted to speak that they had to cut that short due to time constraints. It was a very good showing with around 50-60 people (rough guess) and was around 2 hours long. It is a sad fact for me that I lived so close to Allen but only saw his face once he was in a casket.

In person Allen was the same happy-go-lucky person he was on the forums and often I could nod my head in agreement with some of the people speaking about him. He will be sorely missed.
                            If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Wonderful that you were able to attend, Scott.
                              ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
                              ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

Yes it is, and did you get to speak or did you get to meet with Allen's family?
                                "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X