Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Richa333 - Folks I have some really distressing news about one of our friends.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad

Words are hard to come by when you lose a good person. Our Loss is the Lords gain. Chances are there might be a heavy debate going on in Heaven now between Allen and George Patton.
    I hope that his family is Ok and please count me in for anything that is needed.

Chad
    "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Originally posted by dhuffjr View Post
      Perhaps a better thought would be for a link for a donation to a Leukemia foundation or the Hospice that took care of him if he had Hospice care.

I might do a donation to his church.

Scott has said he is going to one of the services. Maybe he can get some info for us.
      I'll see what I can find out. I could try and help with the flowers also.
      If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

The internet is NOT all phoney and fake, a lot of us are very real people.

And when one of us goes, sometimes it's very real.

He will be missed. I am not sure I interacted with him myself, but, I know a lot of his friends apparently. And when one of my friends loses one of their friends, it IS a sad time.

To depart and not be missed though is a tragedy. To be remembered is what we all seek. I think he is safe there.
        Life is change. Built models for decades.
        Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
        I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Rest in peace, Richa333.

John 14.1-6
          Jesus said to his disciples: 'Do not let your hearts be troubled. Believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house there are many dwelling places. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, so that where I am, there you may be also. And you know the way to the place where I am going.' Thomas said to him, 'Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?' Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.'
          I know there was a special a place set aside for Allen, and I take solace in the fact that he's there now.
          Love. Where does it come from?
          from The Thin Red Line

Comment

Rest in Peace,Allen.
            If you Ain't Cav,You Ain't S---

Comment

Well, I can't say I knew him at all, but he sounds like someone I'd get along great with. Wish I knew him. May you rest in peace Allen, look over your loved ones for them.
              I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

The world loses another good bloke .
                Colonel Summers' widely quoted critique of US strategy in the Vietnam War is having a modest vogue...it is poor history, poor strategy, and poor Clausewitz to boot - Robet Komer, Survival, 27:2, p. 94.

Comment

I didn't sign on in time to know Allen, but from the outpouring of feelings here, he was a good man and will be missed. To his family and all his many friends my deepest sympathy.

Requiscat in Pace
                  All questions are valid, all answers are tentative.

Comment

I wish I could make it out to pay my respects, but it's unfortunately too far to afford.

Those who are making it out, please give our respects from the forum on the whole.

He was a valued member, and won't be forgotten - and his words here will never be lost.

I'd like to thank Curt for arranging for the flowers. I'll look around too tomorrow, but if anyone finds some links to donate to Leukemia research please share them.
                    “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Originally posted by Overseer View Post
                      I wish I could make it out to pay my respects, but it's unfortunately too far to afford.

Those who are making it out, please give our respects from the forum on the whole.

He was a valued member, and won't be forgotten - and his words here will never be lost.

I'd like to thank Curt for arranging for the flowers. I'll look around too tomorrow, but if anyone finds some links to donate to Leukemia research please share them.
                      Here are some links to donate to leukemia research:

http://www.leukemia-research.org/donate/online.asp

http://www.lrf.org.uk/en/1/donate.html

http://www.leukemia-lymphoma.org/all_page?item_id=8477

RIP RICHA333
                      Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Didn't know him that well but from what I've been hearing from other members it sounds like he was a cool guy. I think it would be great to see every active member to show their support and have the tribute avatar even if it's only for a short time to show that we care. I know that I am

Rest in Peace Richa333.
                        "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

I did not know this man at all, but I hope everyone whose life he touched is able to find peace in their own way. My condolences to the family and friends.

(And it is a little bit trippy with everyone having the same avatar. Very moving, though.)
                          "I am not an atomic playboy."
                          Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

I am sorry i arrived late on the forum, and did not get to know Allen, i have been going over his posts and from what i see he spoke good sense, and seemed a great guy, i am sure the ACG will be the poorer for his passing, the video brought a tear to my eye, very sad time, rest in peace.
                            Last edited by Post Captain; 30 Aug 07, 05:40.
                            Never Fear the Event

Admiral Lord Nelson

Comment

I just wanted to echo what mike said above and offer my condolences to those who did know him.
                              Wolster

Comment

I never really knew Allen either but it's obvious he gained the respect and admiration of many here.

This is a very real and sobering loss but as others have pointed out, at least his suffering is at an end.

RIP Allen
                                "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X