Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Richa333 - Folks I have some really distressing news about one of our friends.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So sorry to hear this sad news.....Thinking of you all!
    Don't just do it.... Over do it!!

Comment

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

I will be going to the service on Saturday. If anyone will also be going, PM me and maybe we can meet up somewhere.
        If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Rest in Peace, Mr. Richard.
          Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated... again...

Comment

R.I.P. Allen........My Friend..........You will be missed by all, but now you walk with the Lord.
            Now it's ten years later but he still keeps up the fight
            In Ireland, in Lebanon, in Palestine and Berkeley
            Patty Hearst heard the burst of Roland's Thompson gun and bought it

Comment

Just...wow. I am terribly saddened by this news. Richard was class, all the way. Even when he disagreed with you, he did it with his own style and pinache.

I was thinking about him the other day and wondering how he was...I'm sorry to say that I'd forgotten he had been diagnosed with leukemia, because his few posts since then were clear, lucid, and all Richard.

Is there any way we can have the ACG forums send some flowers on behalf of us all, then allow us to donate a $1 through PayPal or something?

I could handle it for those who would like to do it if you can't do it "officially". I could pick out a nice arrangement, post the cost, then add the names of those who donated to the card.

Let me know.

Comment

Can't say I've thought about him lately but I do remember him around and yes he did have this uncanny ability to get you to see from his point of view despite disagreements.

It's strange that even though you don't know the people behind the avatars, names and screens that you feel a sudden feeling of loss and shock for such forum members upon hearing such news.

Perhaps complacency but you never think for a moment that anyone on a forum you regularly post on that anyones life be cut short.

RIP Allen
                "Folks need to be realists and realize that peace is a nice idea, but ultimately unattainable on a worldwide level."
                - 6thInf Grandson

Comment

Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by CPangracs View Post
                    Is there any way we can have the ACG forums send some flowers on behalf of us all, then allow us to donate a $1 through PayPal or something?
                    Perhaps a better thought would be for a link for a donation to a Leukemia foundation or the Hospice that took care of him if he had Hospice care.

I might do a donation to his church.

Scott has said he is going to one of the services. Maybe he can get some info for us.
                    As lord and master of your grill, you will welcome any opportunity to display your grilling prowess.
                    Mario Batali, 2006

Comment

I always liked him.
                      1. Even if you could make something idiot proof they would just go out and build a better idiot.
                      2. The road to hell is paved by a hard working asphalt crew of meddlesome legislators.

Comment

He surely seem´s to have been a great guy , to bad I never had a chance to discuss anything with him.
                        May he rest in peace.
                        “For there is nothing more serious than a lunatic when he comes to the central point of his lunacy.”

Max Sterner

Comment

I have tears, reading and watching the video. Sometimes, he can only fight so much. I hope that where ever you are, you in better place now.

We Will Miss You......
                          RIP

Maria
                          My Own Christmas Tree....

Comment

Sorry to hear the news. I didn't know him at the forum, but from what I've read he was a good guy. Prayers have been said.
                            Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by CPangracs View Post

I could handle it for those who would like to do it if you can't do it "officially". I could pick out a nice arrangement, post the cost, then add the names of those who donated to the card.

Let me know.
                              Count me in if you arrange anything.

Dr. S.
                              Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

God saw you getting tired
                                And a cure was not to be
                                So He put His arms around you
                                And whispered "Come to me"
                                A golden heart stopped beating
                                Hard working hands at rest
                                God broke our hearts
                                To prove us
                                He only takes the best.