Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Richa333 - Folks I have some really distressing news about one of our friends.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richa333 - Folks I have some really distressing news about one of our friends.

Our friend has gone home.

Allen is home with Jesus…

My love, my dear, my honey went home to be with the Lord. My heart is broken however my heart rejoices. He is not suffering anymore. He is laughing with that big laugh, he smiling with that big smile, he is dancing the victory dance with the angels. He is home, he is home - he is in Heaven!
    We all feel so much pain, disbelief, shock, hurt, and devastation - our Allen is gone from this world. Our world and hearts will never be the same.
    My prayer is as we grieve the loss of Allen, that we will all make a decision to see him again. He quoted, Psalms 23 at the family gathering and believed very strongly ” surely goodness & mercy will follow me all the days of my life” - for him that meant ” follow me (with Jesus leading) to Heaven ” and this was what he said. Follow me my children, follow me my friends, follow me my family, follow me my acquaintances, follow me into the gates of Heaven… this is now his home.
    We love you. We appreciate each of you for carrying us through these times with prayer, love and support.
    Blessings to you-
    Janie and family
    Link
    Last edited by GCoyote; 31 Dec 15, 14:44.
    As lord and master of your grill, you will welcome any opportunity to display your grilling prowess.
    Mario Batali, 2006

Originally posted by dhuffjr View Post
    Our friend has gone home.

Link
    Uhh...

Is this the Allen that we ALL know?

EDIT: Are you certain? Because I know he was ill.
    Last edited by Marines; 28 Aug 07, 23:01.

Comment

Rest in Peace Allen
      Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Marines View Post
        Uhh...

Is this the Allen that we ALL know?

EDIT: Are you certain? Because I know he was ill.
        Yes it is. His last post was in February.
        Forum: The Barracks 17 Feb 07, 09:27 Replies: 40
        A Prayer for Richa333
        Views: 515
        Posted By Richa333
        Thanks SO much for the prayers & good...

Thanks SO much for the prayers & good thoughts! I am in Houston's MD Anderson Hospital right now, RECEIVING the 1st round of experimental drug MK-0457 ("aurora kinase inhibitor") which is specific...

As lord and master of your grill, you will welcome any opportunity to display your grilling prowess.
        Mario Batali, 2006

Comment

I don't I don't Iii don't know what too say. This is bad. This is awful... Being a Catholic, which Allen was not, all I can add is this. I hope everything is as it should be. I hope you find a bit of peace. I hope all your pain is released. I hope you find in yourself what you always seeked.

You will be truely missed, Allen.

This ****'in sucks.

Comment

I didn't know him very well. I joined just before he stopped posting regularly but the vibe I got from the other members about him was that he was a loved and respected contributor here. May his God keep him and bless his family. May the Gods also give strength to his friends here who will miss him keenly no doubt.
            Peace
            The truth? You can't handle the truth! No truth handler you! I deride your truth handling abilities!
            Sideshow Bob.

Comment

According too the link, the service isn't until the first of this month. I might try and fly up there if I can.

Comment

If anyone has the phone number let me know. The various links via the site are blind.

I'll do my best too attend the service.

Comment

At least his fight with Leukemia is finally over and his suffering is at an end. So long friend.
                  If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

A tribute of sorts.

Comment

I'll try and get down there also. I'm in the middle of a major house renovation but should be able to spare the time.
                      If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

This is very hard for me just now... Once I came to know what was in his heart, Allen was - to me - among the best sort of person one can come to know in this world.

Thank You for this information, Dennis... we've lost a fine man here.

He walks with our Lord & Savior now... I shall miss his presence here & in this life ever more... he was a comforting sort. God rest his soul, & bless his surviving family & friends - every one!

Wes
                        On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Thread stickied per request.

Comment

I think a tribute is due.

Comment

Always a sad and numbing moment when some one who is loved and respected passes away. Rest in peace my friend.

"In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                              Ernest Hemingway.

In english "silence" means yelling louder than everyone else.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X