This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hall of Remembrance

Since our recent loss of Karakis, who joined ever increasing group of fellow ACGs on better place, I have realised (or as far I am aware) that we don't have a single place for honouring them, rather isolated threads.

Maybe a solution can be made to make some kind of subforum or something similar?
    It is always more difficult to fight against faith than against knowledge.

Косово је Србија!
    Never go to war with a country whose national holiday celebrates a defeat in 1389.

Armored Brigade

Armored Brigade Facebook page

Sounds like a good idea...

The only three I can think of, were among the finest members of this forum...

Richa333, Gaz and Kris...
    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Add to that list allsirgarnet and KEN JENSEN.
      SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

Scout32 is another.
        "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

I strongly agree! either This thread should be Stickied for the purpose. Or another Forum be created.
          BoRG
          "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

Agreed. We've lost too many good friends.
            This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Mates, after Ken Jensen & Allsirgarnet passed from us, the Staff concurred that we would create such a dedicated place once a bit of time had passed such that its opening would not be so focused upon any one of the (then) 4 that had passed, but rather would be more an all encompassing thing at the time of its open. Now we have our 5th (known) member to honor. I had hoped to do so some time over the last several months,, but RL intervened. But before my own 3 personal loses occurred within but a few months, setting me back a bit, ACG Staff had come to some considerable agreement upon design, format & various elements such that the hard part is relatively concluded. We will be including the many mourning threads that already exist for our friends now gone ahead of us. At this point, I will begin assembling what we all discussed, tweek it until Staff & several forums Piers are satisfied. And only then will we make it so publicly.

That said, let us focus on mourning the passing of our most recent mate gone now ahead of us, but still lighting our own hearts & know that we as a community most certainly will be honoring our departed mates. The hardest part of design & elements is already complete. We need no more discussion along those lines, nor will we be any more specific of what will be until it exists for all eyes & hearts to see.

Wes
              On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Agreed.
                This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the initiative Wes. Can this also be a place for those close to ACG members?

Comment

Work in Progress

I've been waiting for some technical assistance in setting this up but finally decided to get started.
                    Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Many are remembered here. Let's get on with it. The guy in the center was not a good friend but he was killed on 17Apr72.

Rest easy Leonard...we never forgot ya man.

Skip

Comment

Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
                        Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

"Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
                              "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X