Allsirgarnet - Sad News to Announce: Our Friend, Allsirgarnet Has Passed Away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
    He likes the following, so if you are able to toast his memory with the following please do so .

If I can find it I will give Gary a proper toast!
    My worst jump story:
    My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
    As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
    No lie.

~
    "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
    -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

• Cheers!

My worst jump story:
      My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
      As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
      No lie.

~
      "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

• Gary's service attached .
        Attached Files
        How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
        Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• My sincere apologies for replying so late to this. However, I would like to extend my deepest sympathy and good wishes to Gary's family and friends.
            I did not know him personally, although he must have been a hell of a guy from everything that has been said of him. Not a bad word in the bunch. If people regard me half as highly as Gary when I go, I will be content.
            Again, my deepest and most sincere condolences to all who knew him. May he walk amidst the most beautiful paradise that one could imagine. I raise my glass to you Gary.

Chad
            "You listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express on a dark and stormy night......"

Comment

• Slick's speech for Gaz's do .
              I met Gary in a rather novel way: we happened upon each while participating in an internet forum primarily devoted to history. Indeed, one might say that it was our interest in history that brought us together. As it was, we were oil and water: I can make the stereotypical right-wing conservative American blush, and Gary’s two steps to the left of Ken Livingston. And yet despite his appalling political leanings,[pause for laughter]I found his broad knowledge, his eloquence, and his gentleness, not only intriguing, but captivating. Even in disagreement, Gary’s one of the easiest people to talk to that I’ve ever known.

It’s Gary’s easy-going and chatty manner that made some pretty difficult times in my life pass easier. Many was the night, during one of my countless long drives, that Gary happily talked me through hundreds of dark, empty miles, allowing me to bend his ear, or filling my brain with wild ideas. The drivers of three states should be sending flowers here, ‘cause there’s no telling how many of their lives he saved.

And in time, Gary became a part of my life. He’s joined me during my travels and errands, thus experiencing firsthand a New York commute. He’s been there as I’ve played ball with my kids. Don’t get me wrong: Gary’s gotten something out of the deal, too. He claimed that the reason that he didn’t subscribe to a sports television service was because if he could enjoy global sport twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, then he’d never leave the house – so he got to enjoy an American’s commentary of Premiership matches live.

It’s hard to say what was bigger: Gary’s brain – or Gary’s heart. He relished challenge, ever confident that there wasn’t a problem that couldn’t be overcome – and son of a bitch if he wasn’t right.

He so naturally and gracefully envisioned solutions to seemingly intractable problems that in time I – very foolishly, as it turned out – came to take it for granted. Yet he never let his ego get in the way: we’d go back-and-forth trying to punch holes in our various theories and schemes, really slamming away at each other – and I can slam pretty hard – and not once did he take offense or shrink from the opposition. He knew that that is how ideas are proved, and he was glad to participate in the process. That takes guts, and Gary has ‘em.

These last six weeks have gone on much as any other stretch of time, only with the undefined feeling that something’s been missing, a void has appeared where before there was something intelligent and funny and warm. In reality, I mourn not for Gary, but for myself, because I miss my friend. I take consolation in the knowledge that this world is, and will be, a better place for Gary’s having been in it.
              How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
              Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• Two things

1/ Only marc could slip SOB into a funeral oration.

2/ When the time comes for me to ship out to fiddlers green I hope I have a freind who can speak as well for me.

Now, better get on with stuff, its dusty in here.
                "Sometimes its better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness" T Pratchett

Comment

• I have only really skimmed by the barracks of late - for a while it turns out.

I'm so sorry to read this news.....my condolences to his family are very late, but sincere. I can't say I knew him particularly well, but I find it sad to know I won't get to see him interact on threads again.....

I'll have a Hobgoblin this weekend to toast his memory ......

Comment

• Damn do I miss Gary, now more than before even.
                    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

• His avatar in my friends list 'to me' always keeps him present on the ACG.

Paul
                      ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                      All human ills he can subdue,
                      Or with a bauble or medal
                      Can win mans heart for you;
                      And many a blessing know to stew
                      To make a megloamaniac bright;
                      Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                      The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
                        His avatar in my friends list 'to me' always keeps him present on the ACG.

Paul
                        Mine too Paul..he is missed so much around here
                        "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
                        "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

• RIP Allsirgarnet
                          http://g.bf3stats.com/pc/1LP76r6C/melba_101.png

Comment

• Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                            Damn do I miss Gary, now more than before even.
                            Chin up, old lad. At least come judgement day there's one angel on your side.
                            "Sometimes its better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness" T Pratchett

Comment

• I too have Gary on my friends list. I remember the day, in fact, because he sent me a friend request. I remember, because I hadn't yet tweaked my settings, and I got an email for almost anything tied to my account. I remember thinking to myself "who the hell is this Brit?" I bumped into him here and there, but I never really conversed with him. I hope that somehow, something I wrote either made him smile or had an impact on him and compelled him to befriend me. And that makes me smile.
                              ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

• Wow. I haven't been in the barracks thread in months. I didn't know Gaz passed away at all, until today when I saw it in Nick's avatar. Very shocking and tragic news. Like so many others have said already, he was one of the first to welcome me to this little community. He will be missed.
                                Satis elouquentiae sapientiae parum

Diadochi Wars GAME:http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=140484

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X