Allsirgarnet - Sad News to Announce: Our Friend, Allsirgarnet Has Passed Away

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repose en Paix mon Ami
    à vaincre sans péril, on triomphe sans gloire (triumph without peril brings no glory) P. Corneille

Le probleme avec les cons, c'est qu'il ne se fatiguent jamais
    (The problem with Pr.cks, is that they never get tired ) Michel Audiard

Comment

• This devastates me more than I can possibly say. I couldn't say it myself before,so I will now. You were one hell of a guy. I pray you're sitting at God's right hand.
      Kyrie Elaison My Friend
      (God be with me down the road I must travel)
      This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• R.I.P

Comment

• Peace to His soul.
          There are no Nazis in Ukraine. © Idiots

Comment

• I did not know Gaz, but after eading all the posts here from the rest of you, it appears I missed out on a really classy guy. To those who knew him, loved him, and lived with him, my deepest condolences.
            Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years...

Comment

• Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
              ...I learned recently that our friend allsirgarnet had been ill and admitted to a local hospital.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Gary and his family.
              Hello slick.
              So sorry to hear the news.
              My god, I used to read allsirgarnet's posts!
              My thoughts go out to him and his family.
              "Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

• As a infrequent visitor to the barracks I missed this sad news, and happened upon it via the sad news of Ken's passing.

Rest in peace my friend
                "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." Churchill

"I'm no reactionary.Christ on the Mountain! I'm as idealistic as Hell" Eisenhower

Comment

• I don't make it down this far very often either. Though a bit late, best wishes on a positive transition.
                  TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

• Being gone for more then 4 months, I am also deeply saddened by his passing. My prayers go out to his family
                    "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

• I just heard. I'm so sorry to hear this news. All positive thoughts to Gaz' family in this time of grief. And, Gaz, wherever your spirit resides, know that you were well liked and respected as a scholar and friend. RIP friend.
                      ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                      IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

• For those who might be interested, a memorial will be held in Gary's honor at the Chelmsford Crematorium, 4 Sep. Contact me for details.
                        I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

• Gary's Cremation

Just got back from the service. The Chapel was packed, with as many people forced to stand as were seated. That was nice to see. There was a irreverent but funny speech written by slick_miester , and read by Gary's cousin. I made an impromptu speech as well and was also able to supply a recent photograph used for the service. I didn't stay long, no one to talk to about King Arthur or Churchill tanks, but they did appreciate that Gary had touched someone enough to drive 100's of miles and for hours, including rush hour M25 traffic to see the service.

It was mentioned by Slick that no one knew if his head or his heart was bigger. All I know is that I was proud to call him my friend.

He likes the following, so if you are able to toast his memory with the following please do so .

NB: His songs were:

The last song was by Marcia Griffiths - Another Door Will Open - but can't find it.

RIP ASG .
                          How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                          Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
                            Gary's Cremation

Just got back from the service. The Chapel was packed, with as many people forced to stand as were seated.
                            That's good to hear. Gary made a real difference in my life, so now I know that he did the same for others. I mean, I'd always assumed as much, but it's good to see it so plainly.

Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
                            There was a irreverent but funny speech written by slick_miester , and read by Gary's cousin.
                            I find it very hard to write material free from my trademark profanity.

I made an impromptu speech as well and was also able to supply a recent photograph used for the service.
                            Thanks mate.

I didn't stay long, no one to talk to about King Arthur or Churchill tanks
                            You've missed out then: Gary could talk politics with the best of 'em. You should've hit up his cousin, the TUC bigwig. It could've been worth your while.

but they did appreciate that Gary had touched someone enough to drive 100's of miles and for hours, including rush hour M25 traffic to see the service.
                            I meant to ask, how long was your journey? I can only imagine it might have daunted braves Ulysses himself.

It was mentioned by Slick that no one knew if his head or his heart was bigger.
                            That's the funny thing about the truth: it writes itself. It requires no artful contribution of man's.

All I know is that I was proud to call him my friend.
                            It continues to be my privilege.

Thanks mate, just for being there. I'd have given anything to be there myself, but circumstance -- and stupidity -- have conspired against me, from having to buy the ticket before rush-renewing the passport, to bringing brass knuckles to the State Dept office (yeah, I did that ) to scheduling my son's surgery for the day after tomorrow -- I just couldn't get it together. So please accept this dimwit's apologies, and believe me when I say that I was there in spirit.

Yo Gary!

Comment

• Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

I find it very hard to write material free from my trademark profanity.
                              Would you please post the memorial here? Thanks in advance.
                              Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

Comment

• Originally posted by RichardS View Post
                                Would you please post the memorial here? Thanks in advance.
                                What? And let you edit out the cussin'?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X