No announcement yet.

Allsirgarnet - Sad News to Announce: Our Friend, Allsirgarnet Has Passed Away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very sad news indeed. My best wishes to his family for their deep loss. I only hope that one day, we will finally find a cure for this horrible disease. It has taken way too many fine and upstanding persons. We can honor him by never forgetting and supporting the fight against cancer. I believe we are getting close but in the meantime, we are losing far too many good people. It is a disease that targets both young and old. Again, my thoughts and prayers are with and for his family.
    "War is hell, but actual combat is a motherf#cker"
    - Col. David Hackworth

Comment

One of the greats is gone.

I've got some of his PM's saved to DOC files. Going to find them and run back through.
      "Put guards on all the roads, and don't let the men run to the rear."
      Major General John Buford's final words on his deathbed.

Comment

Sad tidings. Rest in peace Gaz.
        If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

Very sad news. Rest in peace Gaz. Thanks for your wise advice.

Comment

Truly, truly saddened to hear this. Gaz was friend from another site. He eventually followed Half Pint and me over here. Although that was more John's doing than mine. Always friendly and funny, always asked how the family was. Just a nice guy. And had more than passing interest in the NFL which struck me as odd considering where he lived. But he grasped the game well and had some good input in some of the old NFL threads. We also had some nice discussions on English beer.

But no pushover when it came to something he was passionate about. I rembember shortly after he arrived, someone tried a bullying tactic on him in the old Terrorism forum. The smackdown that Gaz administered was classic. I still laugh remembering the gist of it. He established himself rather quickly as someone that would not be bullied.

You are greatly missed Gary. Rest easy pal.
            Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

I wonder if it is possible to permanently dedicate one of the forum sections to Gaz's memory?
              "Hit hard when you start, but don't start until you have everything ready." - Lt. Gen. James Longstreet

Pyrrhus Travels West:
              Hanno the Infamous, General of Carthage, Rb Mhnt of Sicily

Comment

Originally posted by semperpietas View Post
                I wonder if it is possible to permanently dedicate one of the forum sections to Gaz's memory?
                ..took the word right out of my mouth...a brilliant idea and one we should seriously consider i think...

...only just saw this today, totally gutted, what a great man we have lost....we as a community are less today for his passing, but we have also gained much from his contribution here too....

Comment

It has already been determined that a Forum will be dedicated entirely for the purpose of Remembrance, Linkage & in such form as a Memorial Wall to ALL our Armchair General Members now passed from our daily lives here. There may be more as yet unknown to us. Let us not distract from this thread for that, though. It will occur in time, soon.

Currently we are at a certain 3.

Richa333

Scout32

Allsirgarnet

They are not, nor will we let them be forgotten.

Armchair General Forums
                  Last edited by Admiral; 27 Jul 12, 00:56.
                  On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                    Gary Thomas Steadman Esq -- known to most of y'all as Allsirgarnet -- passed away 1750 BDT (1250 EDT) in Chelmsford, UK. He spent his last day comfortably and with his family.

Our loss is heaven's gain -- which is ironic since he's a dyed-in-the-wool atheist. Our prayers should not only help to smooth things over with the Almighty, but seriously **** Gary off.

Few are the souls I've known who've so consistently found opportunity in the worst of circumstances. Gary was one of them, and it was my privilege to be called his friend.

I hate letting death think he's gotten one over on me. I act cavalier and tell coarse jokes, but today's he's gotten me, and all of us. We'll have the last laugh, however: we're armed with Gary's wit, amazing outside-the-box ideas, and indomitable example. His gifts to us will live on, and we'll all be the richer for them.

Gary,

God bless you and keep you, mate, and grant us your strength to carry on. Amen

Marc,

Have been away a few days and just noticed this. Very stunned by the news. I know you knew Gaz better than most on here so I'll pass my condolences on to you as well as his family.

I had the privilege of engaging in a number of debates with Gaz over the past few years, and although we didn't always agree, I always respected his participation. He was a thoughtful and serious poster not inclined towards frivolity. When one engaged with him one knew one was dealing with a person interested solely in searching for clarification and explanation; the attributes of a person with an inquiring and curious intellect. We are all lesser for his passing...

Godspeed, Gaz....

Comment

I've been off the air and just found out.

For those of you who didn't know the man he was a real gentleman. He was supposed to come to Wales, but kept stating work was detaining him for the moment.

He will be sadly missed.

For those who never met him, he looked like this:
                      Attached Files
                      How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                      Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral View Post
                        It has already been determined that a Forum will be dedicated entirely for the purpose of Remembrance, Linkage & in such form as a Memorial Wall to ALL our Armchair General Members now passed from our daily lives here. There may be more as yet unknown to us. Let us not distract from this thread for that, though. It will occur in time, soon.

Richa333

Scout32

Allsirgarnet

Armchair General Forums
                        very commendable idea.. I was thinking of proposing just such a thread

Comment

I've been away and just found out about Gaz's death.

This sucks big time... Very sad news indeed.

He was a great guy, a fantastic human being and a true gentleman.

Thank you very much for running the Waterloo campaign/game, my friend. It was a blast.

RIP Gaz... You willl be missed.
                          My avatar: Center of the Cross of the Légion d'honneur (Legion of Honour) of the First French Empire (Napoleonic Era), 3rd type (awarded between 1806-1808). My Légion d'honneur. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral View Post

Richa333

Scout32

Allsirgarnet

Armchair General Forums
                            Great idea!

Comment

R.I.P. I will meet you on heavon

Comment

I am deeply saddened to hear of Gaz's illness and his passing..He was one the best here and shall not be forgotten...RIP and Godspeed Gaz
                                "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
                                "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X