No announcement yet.

Allsirgarnet - Sad News to Announce: Our Friend, Allsirgarnet Has Passed Away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gary is on my and indeed many, many others list of friends; I hope the Allsirgarnet avatar will stay on it, But it will be bitterly sad to never see that little grey box shine green anymore....Your eloquent, wise posts will always be there for all of us to read which means you will always be there.
    Be at rest friend.

My sincere condolences to those that grieve most.

Paul
    Last edited by Dibble201Bty; 23 Jul 12, 22:03.
    ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
    All human ills he can subdue,
    Or with a bauble or medal
    Can win mans heart for you;
    And many a blessing know to stew
    To make a megloamaniac bright;
    Give honour to the dainty Corse,
    The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

Gary, rest in peace. My prayers go out to his family. I hope he did not suffer in his final hours.

ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Words cannot express the sorrow I feel right now. I am forever grateful for the lessons Gaz gave me since I joined this forum. I will never forget him.

Extending deep and heartfelt sympathy to his family...
        "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

I am very saddened to hear this. I enjoyed his contributions to ACG. Prayers for him and his family from Denver.

In Christ

Comment

Sorry to hear about this and will say prayers for his family.
            “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
            ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Terrible news.

Vale Gaz.
              Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? You were as gentlemanly as they come, and that's how I'll always remember you. I pray that your family has peace and comfort.
                ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

I've been away since this morning when I 1st posted here, until now...

Gary has been on my mind through the day, unknowing of his passing since news this morning... now I am feeling almost as though yesterday was among some of my worst, not just because of Gary's passing, but Gary's passing from us is certainly the worst portion of it...

Words now fail beyond my own silent & even audible prayers for all that he Loved & they that Love him still forever more...

I am one... as I'm sure each of you that came to know him even slightly are, too... in my own private exchanges with him I do know that he cared about so many of us & was often quite genuinely concerned... In other words: He Loved Us Here, even though very few of us ever had the privilege to share the same airspace...

Fair Winds & Following Seas Home, Our Friend - For Your Presence Is Already So Certainly Missed Beyond All That Remains Of You In Our Hearts, Gary Steadman!

May God Bless & Keep You As One Of Our Best!

Wes & Teri
                  On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Yet another member of the celestial message board. RIP ASG You will be missed.
                    "Sometimes its better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness" T Pratchett

Comment

GAZ well be missed
                      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

I extend my sincere sympathy to his family and friends. Rest in peace, Gary.
                        "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Comment

I've yet to tell my kids. When they go into their "mock Cockney" -- which Gary always enjoyed -- I might get misty-eyes. Sometimes my kids and I would watch the Gunners live and relay the play-by-play via the telephone -- Gary refused to subscribe to sports TV, arguing that he'd never leave the house if he could watch live sports 24/7. This season won't be quite the same.
                          I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                            Gary Thomas Steadman Esq -- known to most of y'all as Allsirgarnet -- passed away 1750 BDT (1250 EDT) in Chelmsford, UK. He spent his last day comfortably and with his family.

Our loss is heaven's gain -- which is ironic since he's a dyed-in-the-wool atheist. Our prayers should not only help to smooth things over with the Almighty, but seriously **** Gary off.

Few are the souls I've known who've so consistently found opportunity in the worst of circumstances. Gary was one of them, and it was my privilege to be called his friend.

I hate letting death think he's gotten one over on me. I act cavalier and tell coarse jokes, but today's he's gotten me, and all of us. We'll have the last laugh, however: we're armed with Gary's wit, amazing outside-the-box ideas, and indomitable example. His gifts to us will live on, and we'll all be the richer for them.

Gary,

God bless you and keep you, mate, and grant us your strength to carry on. Amen
                            We all should be willing to dream like Gaz did. A little bit of "Walter Mitty" goes a long way toward brightening our own lives as well as of those around us.

Rest in Peace, Gaz... This world will be a bit less bright without you.

Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                              We all should be willing to dream like Gaz did. A little bit of "Walter Mitty" goes a long way toward brightening our own lives as well as of those around us.
                              Not just idle pipe-dreaming, mate, but productive imagination. That's what Gary had -- in spades.

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                              Rest in Peace, Gaz... This world will be a bit less bright without you.

Ain't it the truth.
                              I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

RIP now.
                                "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
                                -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X