Allsirgarnet - Sad News to Announce: Our Friend, Allsirgarnet Has Passed Away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Kirk and his stroke, now Gary and cancer

I don't think there is anything I can say that hasent been said. Were losing alot of good people.

Comment

Prayers for him and his family.

Comment

Very Sad to hear this. One of the many fine people I have met on this site.
        God Bless.
        God Save The Republic.

Comment

Gary Thomas Steadman Esq -- known to most of y'all as Allsirgarnet -- passed away 1750 BDT (1250 EDT) in Chelmsford, UK. He spent his last day comfortably and with his family.

Our loss is heaven's gain -- which is ironic since he's a dyed-in-the-wool atheist. Our prayers should not only help to smooth things over with the Almighty, but seriously **** Gary off.

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
          Gaz alway sees the stars, no matter how dark it is.
          Few are the souls I've known who've so consistently found opportunity in the worst of circumstances. Gary was one of them, and it was my privilege to be called his friend.

I hate letting death think he's gotten one over on me. I act cavalier and tell coarse jokes, but today's he's gotten me, and all of us. We'll have the last laugh, however: we're armed with Gary's wit, amazing outside-the-box ideas, and indomitable example. His gifts to us will live on, and we'll all be the richer for them.

Gary,

God bless you and keep you, mate, and grant us your strength to carry on. Amen
          Last edited by slick_miester; 23 Jul 12, 22:59. Reason: Unable to perform basic math - d'oh!
          I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

I read this to dad,and he began crying. I thought things just came in threes. 1.His stroke,2. My divorce,3. My great-great aunt's heart attack early Sunday morning,4.Mr. Steadman. Dad said he was a very good man and he'd never had a bad word to say about him,and he began crying worse,and said,May God rest his soul. He said he may have been an atheist,but God still loved the man.
            Our thoughts and prayers are with his family. I need to help dad.
            Gary Johnson/Jim Gray 2012

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
              Gary Thomas Steadman Esq -- known to most of y'all as Allsirgarnet -- passed away 1950 BDT (1250 EDT) in Chelmsford, UK. He spent his last day comfortably and with his family.

Our loss is heaven's gain -- which is ironic since he's a dyed-in-the-wool atheist. Our prayers should not only help to smooth things over with the Almighty, but seriously **** Gary off.

Few are the souls I've known who've so consistently found opportunity in the worst of circumstances. Gary was one of them, and it was my privilege to be called his friend.

I hate letting death think he's gotten one over on me. I act cavalier and tell coarse jokes, but today's he's gotten me, and all of us. We'll have the last laugh, however: we're armed with Gary's wit, amazing outside-the-box ideas, and indomitable example. His gifts to us will live on, and we'll all be the richer for them.

Gary,

Absolutely gutted to read this .. I've just been reading back through Gary's numerous postings - what a fine, grounded, intelligent bloke he was, articulate, well informed, a wonderful sense of humour .. and something else shines through - his love for his country and his pride in his ancestry and heritage.

In February I lost my stepsister to a brain tumour, two weeks ago a mate of mine lost his wife. Walking her dogs in the park, a child kicked a football towards her and she kicked it back. She developed a sore leg, went for an X ray and they found she was riddled with cancer. Three weeks later she was dead.

This filthy stinking bastard of a disease doesn't care where it strikes and who it takes, and now it's taken another good one.

My heart goes out to Gary's family.

"COOMMAAAAAAANNNNDOOOO!!!!!"
              - Mad Jack Churchill.

Comment

Well, this sucks. He seemed like a very decent man. I hope his family can find some comfort.

Comment

Originally posted by llkinak View Post
                  Well, this sucks. He seemed like a very decent man.
                  The most. Many's the night that he allowed me to indulge his insomnia while driving to and from drill. Lord knows how many accidents he prevented.

Him and Jolt Cola, that is.
                  I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

My thoughts and prayers are with him.

Comment

O dear God

Complete loss of words. There's a reason why I fear cancer more than anything else on this planet. Ive watched too many family members litterly waste away into nothing. It's shocking ... and there is nothing you can do about it which makes it worse

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                        Gary Thomas Steadman Esq -- known to most of y'all as Allsirgarnet -- passed away 1950 BDT (1250 EDT) in Chelmsford, UK. He spent his last day comfortably and with his family.

Gary,

Sad day for ACG.

We can only be thankful that he did not have to suffer long. RIP GAZ, you were a friend.
                        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Bye Gaz... dear friend.
                          SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Tragic news!

He was one of the very best on here and will be greatly missed.

In times like these, I wish I could believe he's in a better place now.

Philip
                            "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."— Bertrand Russell

Comment

I'm shocked and saddened by the news. My heart and prayers go out to all that knew him. He was a great friend; a void has been opened that will be impossible to fill.
                              Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

Comment

I am terribly saddened by this awful news, Gaz was one of the best, ACG will not be the same without this gentleman, God rest his soul.
                                Never Fear the Event

Admiral Lord Nelson

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X