Clear All

• Zhang Xun
    replied
    Rest in Peace

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    Originally posted by Freightshaker View Post
    He was in 2nd ACR when they had Sheridans and M114's.
    Then we could have just missed each other in Bindlach 1st of the 2nd. Which was late summer of 70.

Leave a comment:

• Freightshaker
    replied
    Originally posted by Admiral View Post
    Do you have a picture of John from when you had supper, Scott?

I remember when that happened because you both spoke of it here...
    No, we never did get a picture. That was 3-4 yrs ago so I have a vague recollection of what he looked like.

Leave a comment:

• Admiral
    replied
    Do you have a picture of John from when you had supper, Scott?

I remember when that happened because you both spoke of it here...

Leave a comment:

• Karakris
    replied
    Originally posted by Freightshaker View Post
    Ahaa - I know OF them A.F.Vs.

I was never a Serving Soldier - but for 30 plus Years my major areas of private study have been Warfare, History of Warfare, and Conventional Weapons.

Like I have said before - Sad to see any of the Good Soldiers gone.

Though I never knew him - All The Best Ones Seem to Go.

Leave a comment:

• Freightshaker
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    Originally posted by Admiral View Post
    John P. James, 58.

James died Monday, April 11, 2011, in Gallup. He was born Dec. 18, 1952, in Little Rock.

Funeral was held in Gallup New Mexico. Rollie Mortuary was in charge of arrangements.

I have not been able to locate an obituary or any further information about survivors.

A Thank You to Kalle & Half Pint John for providing this information. I'm still looking for any information I can find about his military service. This is a good place for folks to express their thoughts for John. We shall be finding a way to properly memorialize him & others that pass from our midst.

Some were in his post he gave us his mil experience. Some of it was here in Europe. He had been either with the 3 rd ID in Kitzingen or the 2 ACR in Bayreuth. Two units that I was attached to and gave use a joint point of interest.

Leave a comment:

• No_Nickname
    replied
    My condolences go out to his family and friends. Is there any chance we could have an avatar tribute like we had to remember Richa?

Leave a comment:

• Admiral
    replied
    John P. James, 58.

James died Monday, April 11, 2011, in Gallup. He was born Dec. 18, 1952, in Little Rock.

Funeral was held in Gallup New Mexico. Rollie Mortuary was in charge of arrangements.

I have not been able to locate an obituary or any further information about survivors.

A Thank You to Kalle & Half Pint John for providing this information. I'm still looking for any information I can find about his military service. This is a good place for folks to express their thoughts for John. We shall be finding a way to properly memorialize him & others that pass from our midst.

Leave a comment:

• Miss Saigon
    replied

Leave a comment:

• GCoyote
    replied
    RIP John. You will be missed.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Mann III
    replied
    Damn. I took him off my friends list because I thought he just wasn't logging on anymore. I feel awful for that now. What a bummer.

Leave a comment:

• Freightshaker
    replied
    Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
    Try the Gallup newspaper under old obits. I took a look a FB to see if I could find our John James but the selection is pretty large. Perhaps someone whoo met him face to face would want to give Facebook a try.
    There is no John James located in Gallup, NM. I'll dig deeper when I have more time.

Leave a comment:

• R. Evans
    replied
    Sad news indeed. RIP Scout.

Leave a comment:

• Boonierat
    replied
    Rest in peace trooper

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...