Talking Baseball Social Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes,Ibis,lets make that a topic.
    This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

What happened to the ring for 1928?
      They got a watch for 1923.

http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/...2007/1334.html

Comment

New Threads

There are a bunch. In addition to threads about the trade deadline and All Star snubs, we now have threads to discuss two of the most controversial topics in baseball - the designated hitter and performance enhancing drugs.

If you're already a member, come by and share your opinion. If you're not yet a member but are interested in the topic (and PEDs are a relevant topic in any sport these days), let me know and I'll get you signed up.

EDIT - speaking of controversial topics, there is also a new thread on players who should be in the Hall of Fame but are not. Step up to the plate all you Pete Rose and Shoeless Joe Jackson fans.
        Last edited by The Ibis; 04 Jul 11, 17:44.

Comment

Slick, that's only twenty four rings. Where's the rest of the hardware?

And now I understand your trolling for more members out here Ibis. You need all the ammo you can get for your lame PED argument ;-)
          "Look, a golden winged ship is passing my way"
          And I really didn't have to stop...I just kept on going.

"Castles Made Of Sand"-Jimi Hendrix from Axis:Bold As Love 1967

Comment

Originally posted by MetalDog View Post
            Slick, that's only twenty four rings. Where's the rest of the hardware?

And now I understand your trolling for more members out here Ibis. You need all the ammo you can get for your lame PED argument ;-)
            Nothing lame about it Dog. Just trying to expose the hypocrisy.

And I'm hardly trolling. Seriously, I think the greater the participation, the better. Its a terrific group (your ill-founded opinions notwithstanding). More participants or simply more posts by the excellent and well-informed members we already have will make it even better. Too many social groups get formed and then fade away quickly. I don't want that to happen to this one.

And who knows, maybe someone more eloquent than I might get you to change your opinion.

Comment

It is an excellent group. And more participation would certainly keep things fresh and continuing. Although, I would certainly warn all potential members who would like to join: Do NOT make your stance known on PED's ahead of time! If you disagree with Ibis, he won't let you in!! He IS the Moderator after all :-)
              "Look, a golden winged ship is passing my way"
              And I really didn't have to stop...I just kept on going.

"Castles Made Of Sand"-Jimi Hendrix from Axis:Bold As Love 1967

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                Soccer's fine. Now cricket . . . . . ah cricket. Now there's a total waste of grass. After a couple of "overs" (as in, "bend over") of that , you'll be seeing soccer as the most stimulating thing since crystal meth.
                The Brits play a baseball type game they call "rounders"...
                "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Nice collection of rings...

Where's the 2009 ring???
                  "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                    Nice collection of rings...

Where's the 2009 ring???
                    Must be on back order. I believe that the 1962 edition came courtesy of your Giants, by the way. Thanks.
                    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

I can only wonder why you'ns'all wouldn't post your more topically specific threads in the Sports Sub-Forum?

It would so much more expose & likely increase overall interest from the community overall...

Don't get me wrong, a Club is a wonderful thing & I support them, but why sequester such fine, specifically topical discussions to that of only a social club?

Especially when a dedicated Forum exists?

Not only that, but the forum is where you can at least use the Rep feature if it is still something you wish.

Just wonderin, nothin more...

Cheers!

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

I think it is a way of advertising. It gets people interested. Like hey blokes look what we discuss,come on in. I'm a campaigner. Its a good way of showing a tease of what we do. I'm for it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ibis View Post
                          We've been having some lively discussion in this group. If you're not a member and would like to join, please let me know.
                          I checked out the group and would like to join. I sent a request, I hope I am accepted.

Comment

You can be accepted when Ibis returns. He is away on business at the moment. He will be on when he can. We're glad to have you.

Originally posted by Wolfhound View Post
                            I checked out the group and would like to join. I sent a request, I hope I am accepted.

Comment

What I dont get is how can a guy so right that write something as wrong as this:

I see, you're a Southerner: the ability to consistently apply logic was bred out of you generations ago. It's not your fault.

And if the Braves are such a great franchise, then how come they haven't ranked higher than 10th in MLB attendance in the last ten years? Aren't there any Braves' fans down there?

Now kiss the rings. Two of them are courtesy of the Atlanta Braves.

Once the ring total comes out, the argument is over.
                              "The journey is the reward" - Steve Jobs

Comment

I like the Cubs too. And look where they are,I also like early Cardinals teams,and I do some of the Pirates and Phillies,but of the past. I just happen to have an allergy to the American League. I am what you just call a 'baseball fan.'

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X