Talking Baseball Social Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talking Baseball Social Group

We've been having some lively discussion in this group. If you're not a member and would like to join, please let me know.

For those who are members but haven't checked in recently, the following topics have been active in the past week:
    • Your starting 5 - post 1920
    • Your Last Game
    • Baseball photos through the years
    • Quotable

Last edited by The Ibis; 28 Jun 11, 19:36.

We have really lively conversation. Sometimes about people like Dizzy Dean,Honus Wagner,Johnny Vander Meer-even gasp-Ty Cobb???
    This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Where is this?

Comment

Good question. Here: http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...hp?groupid=112

Comment

New threads:
          • Baseball Noob Needs Help
          • The 1980s

Comment

Threads that SHOULD be:

How the Yankees will save your life.

Yankees: Twenty seven time world champions or forty World Series, which is the greater achievement?

Thanks to all you crappy teams for being the Yankees farm system.

If there were no Red Sox, would the Yankees have to create them?

And many more Yankee based themes that will enrich your life ;-)
            "Look, a golden winged ship is passing my way"
            And I really didn't have to stop...I just kept on going.

"Castles Made Of Sand"-Jimi Hendrix from Axis:Bold As Love 1967

Comment

Originally posted by The Ibis View Post
              Ha, I've been struggling to find our group too .

Is the tab for it on the main forum page?
              SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

If you go to your user CP, you'll see a list of options on the left. Under the heading that says "Networking," you'll see a link to social groups. Click that and you should find it easily enough.

Comment

Hold on a second: why are we advertising our baseball group? Don't we want it restricted to real baseball fans, not effete, champagne-sipping pansies, like those Limeys and Frenchies 'cross the pond? C'mon, Ibis, get with the program here.

I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                    Hold on a second: why are we advertising our baseball group? Don't we want it restricted to real baseball fans, not effete, champagne-sipping pansies, like those Limeys and Frenchies 'cross the pond? C'mon, Ibis, get with the program here.

As I see it, its our obligation to expose our friends around the world to the greatest sport mankind has created. Then, hopefully, soccer will fade away into oblivion and I'll not have to be bothered with it being on Sportscenter every four years when there is a World Cup.
                    Last edited by The Ibis; 01 Jul 11, 17:46.

Comment

Soccer's fine. Now cricket . . . . . ah cricket. Now there's a total waste of grass. After a couple of "overs" (as in, "bend over") of that , you'll be seeing soccer as the most stimulating thing since crystal meth.

Comment

Soccer the original football,is terrific. Cricket-naw. Now baseball. Baseball is God's game. Smell the grass. The popcorn. The leather of a new glove. The fresh smell of new wood of a Louisville Slugger bat. Baseball. America's Game.

And where we southerner's diss the New York Yankees. We are Braves fans,and we talk about the Cubs,Cardinals,and practically everyone else,and we detest the Yankees,Red Sox,and most of the American League,and we hate the Designated Hitter. Since 1972,that disgrace has haunted our great American Pastime. A scourge on the face of baseball. The DH. I wish it was banned permanently.

Now give me someone like Chipper Jones over Big Papi or any Yankee any day of the week.
                        Sorry Marc. Sorry Dog. I'm a southerner. But you're still my pals.

Comment

Originally posted by rebpreacher View Post
                          ... and we hate the Designated Hitter. Since 1972,that disgrace has haunted our great American Pastime. A scourge on the face of baseball. The DH. I wish it was banned permanently.
                          The DH was a great invention. Who wants to see a pitcher bat? Not me.
                          I don't buy the whole "it takes away from the strategy" argument. There is no strategy involved with sending a pitcher up to bunt with men on base. Or if it is strategy, its too basic to be in 100 level course. The double switch? So what. Another no-brainer for the manager. All that happens is another player good enough to start winds up on the bench. That doesn't make for good fan enjoyment (which is frankly what its all about).

I guess I'm not a baseball traditionalist. I don't want to see a .146 batter ruin a two-out rally in a 1-0 game in the 7th inning because the manager can't trust his pen. So the DH makes sense. Its good for baseball because its good for the fans. At least fans like me.

Edit - I think this might make a good topic for the Group.
                          Last edited by The Ibis; 02 Jul 11, 20:19.

Comment

Soccer the original football,is terrific. Cricket-naw. Now baseball. Baseball is God's game. Smell the grass. The popcorn. The leather of a new glove. The fresh smell of new wood of a Louisville Slugger bat. Baseball. America's Game.
                            What I dont get is how can a guy so right that write something as wrong as this:

And where we southerner's diss the New York Yankees. We are Braves fans,and we talk about the Cubs,Cardinals,and practically everyone else,and we detest the Yankees,Red Sox,and most of the American League,and we hate the Designated Hitter. Since 1972,that disgrace has haunted our great American Pastime. A scourge on the face of baseball. The DH. I wish it was banned permanently.

Now give me someone like Chipper Jones over Big Papi or any Yankee any day of the week.
                            Sorry Marc. Sorry Dog. I'm a southerner. But you're still my pals.
                            I see, you're a Southerner: the ability to consistently apply logic was bred out of you generations ago. It's not your fault.

And if the Braves are such a great franchise, then how come they haven't ranked higher than 10th in MLB attendance in the last ten years? Aren't there any Braves' fans down there?

Now kiss the rings. Two of them are courtesy of the Atlanta Braves.

Comment

Your rings have gone to that cracked helmet head of yours.
                              So you like what I wrote hm?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X