Most Amazing Windup Ever!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Amazing Windup Ever!

Cirque du Soleil performer threw out the first pitch at Petco Park on Monday with a most unusual pitch windup anyone has ever seen.

"Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

I was expecting a joke.

Where I'm from a 'windup' is a joke at the expense of the listener.

Apparently over there it's something to do with a game of rounders.

Not a game I know a lot about since in Britain it's only played by girls....

Philip
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."— Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by philiplaos View Post
      Not a game I know a lot about since in Britain it's only played by girls....

Philip
      Here, men play baseball and women play softball.

Actually, if that guy was pitching in a real baseball game, that would have been called a balk.

Hmmmm....aren't these British guys?

"Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
        Here, men play baseball and women play softball.

Actually, if that guy was pitching in a real baseball game, that would have been called a balk.

Hmmmm....aren't these British guys?
        Yes, they're all British chaps playing the gentleman's game.

At school, we boys played football (the proper sort) and cricket.

The girls played netball (you call it basketball) and rounders (you call it baseball)....

(By the way, I posted your dipterocarp seeds a few days ago.)

Philip
        "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."— Bertrand Russell

Comment

What about Kent Tekulve of the Pirates?
          This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yes, they're all British chaps playing the gentleman's game.
            And most of those "gentlemen" are either toffs with a rod up their asses, or they're narcoleptics, right?

At school
            "And where did you attend school, M'Lord: Eton, or the other place?"

we boys played football (the proper sort)
            Football (or soccer, or fútbol, or calcio, or футбол) is a fine sport, one that has brought great joy -- and misery -- to billions, myself included.

and cricket.
            And cricket's a sedative. It's what's prescribed to meth addicts to get them back down.

The girls played netball (you call it basketball) and rounders (you call it baseball)....
            Maybe that's been the trade: while we've masculinized your rounders, your popular entertainment is a real hit with the pretentious and poof crowds here. You can always spot one of them, with their fake English accent, and smug air of superiority.

You might as well keep the . She's far better over there.

I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Amen to that Marc. She thinks now that she has a 'faux' Brit accent she's MUCH better than anyone else alive. What a real witch.

You might as well keep the . She's far better over there.

[/QUOTE]

Comment

Lucky there wasn't a man on base. That was clearly a balk.

Comment

Yup.

Comment

Luis Tiant who played for just about everybody including the Yankees.

He would have been completely impossible to hit if only they let him pitch with a cigar in his mouth.

I hated him when he was on the Red Sox but put him in pinstripes and he could do no wrong.
                    God Save The Republic.

Comment

It's a First Pitch... so, balk is off the table. Pretty impressive and thanks for sharing, Maggie.

And, oh yeah, did everyone notice he threw a strike, with a bit of a drop, as well!
                      History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                      _________
                      BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Torien View Post
                        It's a First Pitch... so, balk is off the table. Pretty impressive and thanks for sharing, Maggie.

And, oh yeah, did everyone notice he threw a strike, with a bit of a drop, as well!
                        A balk is a balk. A pitcher can still be called for a balk. Without a base-runner, there is just no penalty.

With that amount of physical effort, I would have been highly disappointed if there was not a relative increase in ball rotation and movement!
                        Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X