Possible NFL Settlement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible NFL Settlement

The big points are the players taking more money on a smaller percentage of revenue, due to no monies being designated exclusively for ownership. Also there is the potential of a ceiling floor.

The solution makes sense as long as the minority of owners who want to take finances to a situation like MLB aren't a large enough group to derail things.

Read about in a blog in the Post-Gazette.

http://communityvoices.sites.post-ga...-nfl-stalemate

Regards,
    Dennis
    If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

From all I've heard the new CBA could be in place by July 15.

It is going to be a mad scramble to get the draftees,undrafted free agents,and unrestricted free agents signed in time for the training camps. I hear the potential for injury could rise higher if the players don't get enough time in camp.
    If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

Originally posted by Legate View Post
      From all I've heard the new CBA could be in place by July 15.

It is going to be a mad scramble to get the draftees,undrafted free agents,and unrestricted free agents signed in time for the training camps. I hear the potential for injury could rise higher if the players don't get enough time in camp.
      I agree with the scramble for for UFAs and the undrafted players. As to draftees, I think the contract may do something about structuring salaries for rookies so it may not be a big deal.

I am also not sure about increased injury. Most injuries come as a result of contact. If you have less contact, how can you have more injury? Also, if I hit you on the knee, you will get hurt or not. I don't see how getting in "game shape" prevents that.

Hopefully they settle. I kinda want to win the poll this year!

Best regards,
      Dennis
      If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X