Heads Up For Auto Racing Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heads Up For Auto Racing Fans

I know NASCAR is not all that popular with our auto racing fans here, but there is an upcoming race well worth checking out. The Nationwide Series from Road America next Saturday on ESPN. Last years inaugural event was the best road course race I have seen in years, and I watch more than just NASCAR. I am a big fan of sports car racing but without having Speed that is hard to catch. Last year there were a couple of former F1 drivers and some other "ringers" and it was way cool watching these guys battle it out when there are no points on the line. Also Road America has many hard breaking zones which allow lots of passing opportunities so there was and I expect there will be again this year, much action.

You know I'll watch it.
    This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the heads up! I will most certainly watch it.
      "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

I have never really been into NASCAR. I know some guys who are diehard fans but it never really scratched my racing itch. Interestingly enough though, when I was recruiting in Cleveland, one of my favorite things to do was go to the 3/8ths mile track. Nothing like watching 500 dollar Berrettas race around the track smashing into each other. Hell they even had a race where pickups pulled campers behind them. Once a year they did old school buses too.

Talk about some good old redneck fun. Nothing says hillbilly like drinking beer while watching schoolbuses crash into each other driving in circles.

Ben
        "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by Leftie View Post
          I have never really been into NASCAR. I know some guys who are diehard fans but it never really scratched my racing itch. Interestingly enough though, when I was recruiting in Cleveland, one of my favorite things to do was go to the 3/8ths mile track. Nothing like watching 500 dollar Berrettas race around the track smashing into each other. Hell they even had a race where pickups pulled campers behind them. Once a year they did old school buses too.

Talk about some good old redneck fun. Nothing says hillbilly like drinking beer while watching schoolbuses crash into each other driving in circles.

Ben
          It doesn't seem to matter where it is, but short track racing, heck even if it is the straight kind, seems to have an almost carnival atmosphere of its own. It is probably most unknown too unfortunately. It is like a night at the drive-in theater, except with live action, sometimes on and off the track!

Comment

Buddy,I AM a redneck,and as long as it has wheels and moves,I'm gonna f-ing watch it. I just don't like motorcycle racing. I used to race street stocks for a couple years,and I won some races,but I wouldn't call myself a terrific racer,but I didn't put my ass in the fence. I put OTHER guys' asses in the fence. I am a die-hard Nascar fan-ask Sunshine. She'll tell you. She is too,so is a few others. My uncles even drove shine cars in Georgia,Bama,Tennessee,and the Carolinas from the late 30's til one finally quit in the early 70's. So I'd say this stuff is in our blood.

Comment

And yeah,my uncles knew the Flock brothers and the Elliott family.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X