Congrats! U.S. Beats Canada in OT ~ Wins GOLD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats! U.S. Beats Canada in OT ~ Wins GOLD

St Chuey set up the winning goal in sudden-death OT. As usual, Chuey fed Knight the puck perfectly. GOAL!

U.S. Women's National Team Wins Third Straight World Title with a 3-2 Overtime Victory against Canada
    April 25, 2011

ZURICH - The U.S. Women's National Team won its third straight world title with a 3-2 overtime victory against Canada here tonight at the 2011 International Ice Hockey Federation World Women's Championship at Hallenstadion. Hilary Knight (Sun Valley, Idaho) scored the game-winning goal at 7:48 of the extra session, while Jessie Vetter (Cottage Grove, Wis.) made 51 saves in the championship-winning effort.

Team USA finished the tournament with a 4-1-0-0 record (W-OTW-OTL-L) to capture the gold medal for the fourth time in the last five world championships.

http://www.usahockey.com/Template_Us...2_03&ID=304010
    "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Well, I always like to see us win but perspective is needed. They have 30 million, half female approx. We have 300 million, half female. We should never lose in any sport with that population advantage. Now country's that can really be proud are the smaller ones like Sweden, Finland and Norway, which have a combined population smaller than Canada.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
      St Chuey set up the winning goal in sudden-death OT. As usual, Chuey fed Knight the puck perfectly. GOAL!
      Congratulations United States. The game was played to an almost empty arena in Swizerland. Women's hockey is alive in NA, dead in Europe

Comment

Originally posted by Sparlingo View Post
        Congratulations United States. The game was played to an almost empty arena in Swizerland. Women's hockey is alive in NA, dead in Europe
        I saw the empty seats when I were watching the games. What a shame. I would have loved to attend the games.

Women's hockey is only alive & well in North America because the U.S. and Canada has been running the show for years.
        No one else can compete with them.
        "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X