Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the EPL Succumbing to Political Correctness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m sorry but I insist Arsenal must change their name immediately—and their nickname ‘Gunners’ is even worse--- far to militaristic.
    And Everton the ‘toffees’ is that the message we want for our children with obesity such a problem?
    And Rugby is worse -- Swansea’s nickname the ‘All whites’ shocking
    The All Blacks!!!! My god !!
    Do you think I’ve got a legal case against the Welsh Rugby Union for not picking me because of how I was born --- its not my fault I was too short, too slow and unskilled!!
    Cymru am Byth

Comment

Originally posted by rebpreacher View Post
      I find the Gators and the Crimson Tide offensive,but that's just me. But yes EVERYONE is becoming too damned politically correct,and it stinks!
      I find the Chicken Gators offensive too.

But the insults that most enraged the Gators were cries of "Chicken!" from Miami fans. Florida has indicated that its quest for greatness calls for a review of its schedule. That schedule, which includes six opponents from the Southeastern Conference as well as the state's other big-time football school, Florida State, might not have a spot for independent and private Miami next season, or ever after. It's not that Florida's afraid of Miami, y'understand. Florida wants to play Miami, but it prefers to do what, say, Alabama has always done. That is, load up the non-conference part of the schedule with cream puffs. No, no, not cream puffs, say the Gators. We just want to do what's most beneficial for Florida. Which is why Miami is calling Florida chicken.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...#ixzz1KHrdzUFk

Comment

No,I mean the Islander. I live in the southeast,and we heard more about the east than the midwest. And when they had the games on national tv,we would get New York games.

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
        You're thinking of Felix the goalie, and they're no relation, as far as I know.
        This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevinmeath View Post
          I’m sorry but I insist Arsenal must change their name immediately—and their nickname ‘Gunners’ is even worse--- far to militaristic.
          Don't laugh.

[The NBA's Washington] Bullets become the Wizards

In 1995, owner Abe Pollin announced he was changing the team's name because Bullets had acquired violent overtones that had made him increasingly uncomfortable over the years, particularly given the high homicide and crime rate in the early 1990's in Washington DC. The final straw was the assassination of his longtime friend, Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin. A contest was held to choose a new name and the choices were narrowed to the Dragons, Express, Stallions, Sea Dogs, or Wizards. On May 15, 1997, the Bullets officially became the Washington Wizards. The change generated some controversy because Washington is a predominantly African-American city and Wizard is a rank in the Ku Klux Klan.

Wikipedia
          Can it get any lamer than that?

And Everton the ‘toffees’ is that the message we want for our children with obesity such a problem?
          How about the Fat Bastards?

Do you think I’ve got a legal case against the Welsh Rugby Union for not picking me because of how I was born --- its not my fault I was too short, too slow and unskilled!!
          One of these days . . . . there will be instituted across the land an affirmative action for midgets and cripples. One day every squad will be required to set aside a minimum number of roster spots for dwarves, limpies, 'tards, and other bottom feeders.

You mark my words: it's gonna happen . . . .
          I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

No,I mean the Islander. I live in the southeast,and we heard more about the east than the midwest. And when they had the games on national tv,we would get New York games.
            Yeah, I hated the Isles real good, just like a New Yorker should, but deep down, I admired the pr*cks: they had a team, and you knew that they were making history on a nightly basis.

Comment

“You fat bastards!” has a good ring to it.

In fact I’ve heard that shouted at me on numerous occasions, you mean it wasn’t a compliment?

The little bar stewards!
              Last edited by Kevinmeath; 22 Apr 11, 16:24.
              Cymru am Byth

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                Yeah, I hated the Isles real good, just like a New Yorker should, but deep down, I admired the pr*cks: they had a team, and you knew that they were making history on a nightly basis.
                The 83 and 84 Stanley Cup Finals between the Islanders and Oilers: it just doesn't get any better than that. Gretzky, Kurri, Messier, Fuhr, Coffey, Anderson, Trottier, Potvin, Bossy, Gillies, Smith, LaFontaine. I mean, its one Hall of Famer after another. Both Games 1 were ridiculous goaltending exhibitions. In 83, Smith shut out Edmonton. In 84, Fuhr shut out NY. Just amazing.

Comment

In a way,I always say what goes around comes around. LaFontaine's career was cut way short. So there was the avenging.

Comment

In a way,I always say what goes around comes around. LaFontaine's career was cut way short. So there was the avenging.
                    The only problem was that it ended at Madison Square Garden: the Rangers have long had the knack of picking up bright stars after they've dimmed. Even though La Fontaine's time in a Blueshirt was short, his brilliance was still there, only his health couldn't keep it up. I was actually at the game when he was awarded a Silver Stick.

He was a hell of a player, and the only shame was that we didn't get to see enough of him.

Back to political correctness, does this mean that all major league franchises have to be relocated out of Philadelphia? After all, Philly fans will make a Hun blush.

Think of Philadelphia as American Chelsea.

'Nuff said.
                    Last edited by slick_miester; 23 Apr 11, 09:36.

Comment

I do. I don't like them or Chelsea.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X