Stanley Cup Fever - NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stanley Cup Fever - NHL

Who will make it to the final four? Final two? And Stanley Cup Winner?

In the East, I say it will be Philadelphia Flyers versus Boston Bruins and in the West it will be Vancouver Canucks versus Detroit Red Wings.

Philly will win the East Vancouver the West.

Vancouver wins this years cup.
    "War is hell, but actual combat is a motherf#cker"
    - Col. David Hackworth

The Capitals in the East and Vancouver in the West. Washington defeats Tampa and Vancouver takes out Nashville. Caps win the Cup.
    "Look, a golden winged ship is passing my way"
    And I really didn't have to stop...I just kept on going.

"Castles Made Of Sand"-Jimi Hendrix from Axis:Bold As Love 1967

Comment

go Wings

Jimmy Howard got hurt tonight..
      Human beings are the only creatures who are able to behave irrationally in the name of reason.

Comment

I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

You're going to NEED Messier to hoist that Cup again ;-)
          "Look, a golden winged ship is passing my way"
          And I really didn't have to stop...I just kept on going.

"Castles Made Of Sand"-Jimi Hendrix from Axis:Bold As Love 1967

Comment

Originally posted by MetalDog View Post
            You're going to NEED Messier to hoist that Cup again ;-)
            "Do you belive in miracles?"

Philly and Tampa Bay, top of the East for most of the season, have really struggled of late. The Caps went through a bad cold spell, but have been very strong recently. The Rangers had an ugly February, but have beaten every eastern team ahead of them in the standings since 6 Mar: the Flyers, the Habs, Boston, Pit. It'll be nice to hit the playoffs on a roll. Hank has been sensational in the pipes, the defense solid, and there's been some good, clicking action in the offensive zone, too. For the first time in a long time I'm feeling optimistic going into April.

Comment

My 'Canes are looking like they are not going to make it .

5 pts out of 8th spot.
              SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Bruins over the Flyers in the East

Sharks over the Red Wings in the West

The Sharks finally win the cup.
                "The journey is the reward" - Steve Jobs

Comment

Originally posted by randrmd View Post
                  Bruins over the Flyers in the East

Sharks over the Red Wings in the West

The Sharks finally win the cup.

The Sharks are due.
                  "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

I'd love them to prove me wrong but the Caps are carrying too many rookies to go deep, IMO. Did well at the deadline and grabbed some vets in Arnott, Sturm and Wideman - all of whom are playing pretty well - but as long as Johansson in particular has to carry a big load just don't see them making the final series.

Bruins for mine, overcome some mental questions from last year and win it in 7 over the Blackhawks.
                    Colonel Summers' widely quoted critique of US strategy in the Vietnam War is having a modest vogue...it is poor history, poor strategy, and poor Clausewitz to boot - Robet Komer, Survival, 27:2, p. 94.

Comment

I am in no way a Penguins fan but right now, besides Vancouver, they may be the hottest club, doing it without their top stars. Looks like Crosby will be back soon which, even if he is not 100% and doesn't contribute like we know he can, his presence in the dressing room, on the bench and on the ice will be a huge emotional lift for the club.
                      One thing they must guard against however is thinking 'Crosby's back, he'll do it' and let down themselves. It does happen from time to time. Coaches need to watch for it carefully.
                      "War is hell, but actual combat is a motherf#cker"
                      - Col. David Hackworth

Comment

I'm picking Vancouver to win the cup as long as they don't have to play Chicago. That is the one team that has their number.

Comment

Well, at the beginning of the season, I picked Detroit to beat Vancouver in the West and Washington to beat Pittsburgh in the East. Detroit then beating Washington in 7.

Now, in the East, even though the Pens are doing well without 87 and should be getting him back, I like the look of a Flyers/Bruins Conference Final - with Boston edging it.

In the West San Jose look like the team to beat. SJ and the Wings will, probably, play each other in the 2nd round - and the winner of that game takes the conference. Vancouver are dinged up on the blue line and may have trouble getting through 2 rounds -especially if they have to play the Hawks in round 1. Nashville and Phoenix may surprise someone.

Anyway, off to the Joe tonight to see the Wings beat the Blues, grab 2 points, and reach 100 points for the 11th straight season. Just hope Pav is back - worth the price of admission on his own!

Comment

Rangers blew a golden opportunity against the Ryan Miller-less Sabers last night, chalking up only 22 shots on goal, while giving up 34, and loosing 1-0. That's a pretty dismal effort for a team that's supposed to be in a playoff race.

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                              Rangers blew a golden opportunity against the Ryan Miller-less Sabers last night, chalking up only 22 shots on goal, while giving up 34, and loosing 1-0. That's a pretty dismal effort for a team that's supposed to be in a playoff race.
                              Talking about a dismal effort, I was at the Joe last night for my first Wings game of this season and I want my money back!

Absolute garbage performance. They just stood around watching the Blues play. No effort; turnovers by the dozen; no heart.

The Wings had a 5 on 3, that was really a 5-on-2 as one of the Blues did not have a stick, for 50 seconds. What did they do? Pass it around in a nice little diamond for 50 seconds before scoring after 54 seconds when the 5-on-3 has expired!

You should have seen the fans streaming out the doors at the end of the second period.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X