No announcement yet.

2011 ACG Fantasy Baseball League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a few questions regarding the rules for this league. They may be dumb questions to you guys, but I'll ask them anyway. Better to undrstand the rules before the league starts, than to go in there guessing. I'm trying to understand how many players are eligible during a week of head to head play.

How many players on our roster are eligible for each game/week?

from the rules:
    Your roster composition is one each of First, Second and Third Basemen, one Shortstop, three Outfielders and one Utility spot. You have two active Starting Pitcher spots and two active Relief Pitcher spots (Catcher is missing from this list)

Does this mean I set my roster at the beginning of the week to fill 8 position spots, 1 utility spot, 2 SP & 2 RP and then that's it?

Can I change players after my roster is set for head to head? (i.e. SP only pitch once maybe twice a week, so can I change those positions daily?)

Is the Utility spot basically the DH?

It's been a long time since I played fantasy baseball and i just want to understand the rules before we start.
    "The journey is the reward" - Steve Jobs

Comment

• Originally posted by randrmd View Post
      I have a few questions regarding the rules for this league. They may be dumb questions to you guys, but I'll ask them anyway. Better to undrstand the rules before the league starts, than to go in there guessing. I'm trying to understand how many players are eligible during a week of head to head play.

How many players on our roster are eligible for each game/week?

from the rules:
      Your roster composition is one each of First, Second and Third Basemen, one Shortstop, three Outfielders and one Utility spot. You have two active Starting Pitcher spots and two active Relief Pitcher spots (Catcher is missing from this list)

Does this mean I set my roster at the beginning of the week to fill 8 position spots, 1 utility spot, 2 SP & 2 RP and then that's it?

Can I change players after my roster is set for head to head? (i.e. SP only pitch once maybe twice a week, so can I change those positions daily?)

Is the Utility spot basically the DH?

It's been a long time since I played fantasy baseball and i just want to understand the rules before we start.
      After reading the rest of the rules more I think I have a better understanding, but i want to make sure that I do.

from the rules:
      Your roster must have a valid player in each spot before play starts each day in order for you to gain the benefit of your players production for that days games. If your roster is not legal, you will not get that days production. You also must meet a minimum innings requirement for the week from your pitchers in order to get any of the production from your staff.

So it looks like I can change my roster on a daily basis.
      If this is correct at what time must my roster be set for each day and please clarify timezone?
      What is the minimum innings pitched requirement per week?
      Closers don't get that many innings.

Comment

• Good catch on the...Catcher omission. ;-)

Your roster can be changed daily. Game times listed are Eastern Standard Time. Each position must be set by the time that players teams' game starts. That sentence is a little unwieldy, so I will provide an example. Each position must have a valid player in it. Sometimes, you have more than one player who can fill that position, let's say Catcher. Let's say that your catchers are Jorge Posada, Yankees and Brian McCann, Braves. Let's also say that Jorge's game starts at Noon and Brian's game starts at 7:30pm. Now let's say that for some reason you have left the catcher position blank for the day. As long as a legal catcher (Jorge OR Brian) is in that positon before the start of the LATEST game, you will receive that players stats for the day (contingent upon the rest of your roster being legal). Make sense? If not, I'll try to be more clear.

Now some quickies:

The minimum innings for pitchers is set at 30.

The league is a daily transaction league. You CAN set your roster and forget it if you so choose.

The Utility spot is for ANY batter on your roster.

Every player on your roster is eligible to fill a spot on your roster each day as long as he qualifies for that spot (no SP in the RP spot or 1B in the OF). That player does not actually have to be playing that day. As a matter of fact, Monday and Thursday are travel days and VERY rarely will you have a full complement of players ALL playing games those days. On those days, you MUST STILL HAVE A PLAYER OCCUPYING A SPOT IN THE VALID ROSTER OR YOUR STATS FOR THAT DAY WILL NOT COUNT!

Alright. It looks like I answered all your questions. If things are still fuzzy or you thought of new questions or I missed something, please post.
        "Look, a golden winged ship is passing my way"
        And I really didn't have to stop...I just kept on going.

"Castles Made Of Sand"-Jimi Hendrix from Axis:Bold As Love 1967

Comment

• Originally posted by MetalDog View Post
          Good catch on the...Catcher omission. ;-)

Your roster can be changed daily. Game times listed are Eastern Standard Time. Each position must be set by the time that players teams' game starts. That sentence is a little unwieldy, so I will provide an example. Each position must have a valid player in it. Sometimes, you have more than one player who can fill that position, let's say Catcher. Let's say that your catchers are Jorge Posada, Yankees and Brian McCann, Braves. Let's also say that Jorge's game starts at Noon and Brian's game starts at 7:30pm. Now let's say that for some reason you have left the catcher position blank for the day. As long as a legal catcher (Jorge OR Brian) is in that positon before the start of the LATEST game, you will receive that players stats for the day (contingent upon the rest of your roster being legal). Make sense? If not, I'll try to be more clear.

Now some quickies:

The minimum innings for pitchers is set at 30.

The league is a daily transaction league. You CAN set your roster and forget it if you so choose.

The Utility spot is for ANY batter on your roster.

Every player on your roster is eligible to fill a spot on your roster each day as long as he qualifies for that spot (no SP in the RP spot or 1B in the OF). That player does not actually have to be playing that day. As a matter of fact, Monday and Thursday are travel days and VERY rarely will you have a full complement of players ALL playing games those days. On those days, you MUST STILL HAVE A PLAYER OCCUPYING A SPOT IN THE VALID ROSTER OR YOUR STATS FOR THAT DAY WILL NOT COUNT!

Alright. It looks like I answered all your questions. If things are still fuzzy or you thought of new questions or I missed something, please post.
          Thanks for the reply. I think I get it now. So it's crucial to pay attention to your starting pitchers and the day they actually start.

Now a quick question regarding waivers and pick ups.

When I put a player on waivers, do I have to wait 2 days before I can pick up a new player off waivers if the player has been in the waiver pool for a long time?

The season starts this Thursday. Will the first week schedule be Thurs through Sunday?

Maybe I should ask this Does the week start on Sun and go to Sat, or does it start on Mon and go through Sun? Sorry for the dumb questions, but I just want to make sure I have it right before we start.

Comment

• Managing your starting pitchers and the day they start is CRUCIAL to your teams success. At some point during the season, you may find that your best pitchers have all synced up to start on the same day. Then you'll have to choose which two matchups you feel the best about and start those pitchers.

When you click the Players tab, ALL available batters in the Free Agent pool will be displayed (actually, just the first 25, but you can page through.) If they are available for immediate pickup, under the Owner column, it will show FA (Free Agent). If there is a W and then a date in parentheses (say March 30), then you can still make a claim for that player, but the waiver claim will not be resolved until the day displayed in the parenthses. If you are the only owner to place a claim for that player, they are yours. However, if more than one owner claims that player before the resolution date, then the owner with the smaller Waiver Position (found next to your team name on the Standings screen) will get the player. You can peruse Pitchers as well from the Players screen.

As a matter of fact, you can go by position if you would like. Just use the appropriate drop downs on the page. The stats are sortable as well. Say you are looking to add Home Runs. You can click on the Home Runs column and it will immediately sort, highest to lowest Home Runs of the Players available.

The first week of the seaon, your matchup will run from Thursday March 31 to Sunday April 10. Each of the subsequent weeks will run Monday through Sunday. If you ever have a question as to what dates are included, click the Matchup link in the boxscore to the right of the Standings.

Comment

Managing your starting pitchers and the day they start is CRUCIAL to your teams success. At some point during the season, you may find that your best pitchers have all synced up to start on the same day. Then you'll have to choose which two matchups you feel the best about and start those pitchers.

When you click the Players tab, ALL available batters in the Free Agent pool will be displayed (actually, just the first 25, but you can page through.) If they are available for immediate pickup, under the Owner column, it will show FA (Free Agent). If there is a W and then a date in parentheses (say March 30), then you can still make a claim for that player, but the waiver claim will not be resolved until the day displayed in the parenthses. If you are the only owner to place a claim for that player, they are yours. However, if more than one owner claims that player before the resolution date, then the owner with the smaller Waiver Position (found next to your team name on the Standings screen) will get the player. You can peruse Pitchers as well from the Players screen.

As a matter of fact, you can go by position if you would like. Just use the appropriate drop downs on the page. The stats are sortable as well. Say you are looking to add Home Runs. You can click on the Home Runs column and it will immediately sort, highest to lowest Home Runs of the Players available.

The first week of the seaon, your matchup will run from Thursday March 31 to Sunday April 10. Each of the subsequent weeks will run Monday through Sunday. If you ever have a question as to what dates are included, click the Matchup link in the boxscore to the right of the Standings.
              Thanks for the info. I appreciate the help.

Comment

• You are quite welcome my good doctor :-)

Comment

• Made this thread a sticky, looks like it will generate a lot of activity

Comment

• Much appreciated, sir!

Comment

• Thanks Boonie . Hey Maggie, I made you guys a trade offer .
                      SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

• I think I have my roster finalized, based on my understanding of all this! Looking forward to learning how to play fantasy baseball this season!
                        Satis elouquentiae sapientiae parum

Diadochi Wars GAME:http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=140484

Comment

• Well folks, this is it. Today is opening day (which is odd because it should be Monday and the first game should be the Reds). Good luck to everyone this season.

Comment

Well folks, this is it. Today is opening day (which is odd because it should be Monday and the first game should be the Reds). Good luck to everyone this season.
                            Good luck all!
                            History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                            _________
                            BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Torien View Post
                              Good luck all!
                              So Tor, you ready to trade Pujols yet?
                              If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

• Maybe he is ready to let Pujols go now...

Why hold onto a guy that is not producing?
                                "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X