2011 ACG Fantasy Baseball League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MetalDog View Post
    The draft will be held at the Yahoo site that is hosting our league. You need to go there and sign in. What happens next, I'm not sure. I've never participated in a live online draft. I do know that we will be randomly assigned a draft position. When your turn comes, select a player. You will get one turn per round until your roster is full. Anything else?
    I've done the live draft once, it could go fast. You only have 90 seconds to make a selection before it gets picked for you.

When I did it, we had a lot of teams playing in the league. We had time to think of who we wanted before our next turn.

Our draft on Sun can fly by real quick, so everyone needs to be on their toes Sun morning.

Have all your notes on players in front of you for quick reference.
    "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

I plan to have my Windows open to the appropriate cheat sheets. Is Doc going to join us do you know?
      "Look, a golden winged ship is passing my way"
      And I really didn't have to stop...I just kept on going.

"Castles Made Of Sand"-Jimi Hendrix from Axis:Bold As Love 1967

Comment

I won't be around tonight for the live draft, but I have great confidence in my draft list. Good luck y'all!
        One Strikeout is a tragedy, a million Strikeouts are a statistic.
        - "Stallin' Joe" Dshugashvili, Manager of the Moscow Red Stars 1922 - 1953

Comment

Originally posted by MetalDog View Post
          I plan to have my Windows open to the appropriate cheat sheets. Is Doc going to join us do you know?
          I will be there in full uniform. As you can see in the picture, I'm under a bit of stress.

I want to help Perse build a championship team. We all know what will happen if I make any bonehead draft selections.

"The journey is the reward" - Steve Jobs

Comment

Doc, I was just a youngster when most of the Billy Martin/George Steinbrenner...animosity...went down. My dad is a HUGE Yankees fan and passed it on to me, so, even at that young age, I paid attention. It was sad and funny at the same time. Glad to have you aboard! Although, I have to say, I pictured Persephone looking more like Teri Hatcher than George Steinbrenner. :-)
            "Look, a golden winged ship is passing my way"
            And I really didn't have to stop...I just kept on going.

"Castles Made Of Sand"-Jimi Hendrix from Axis:Bold As Love 1967

Comment

Ready to play ball?!?
              History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
              _________
              BoRG

Comment

Draft is not loading for me. Load bar is stuck!
                History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                _________
                BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Torien View Post
                  Draft is not loading for me. Load bar is stuck!
                  I can see that I was supposed to draft first.

I'm logged in (before 12) but the draft program won't load!!!
                  Last edited by Torien; 27 Mar 11, 11:49. Reason: All better now. Had to update my flash player.
                  _________
                  BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Torien View Post
                    I can see that I was supposed to draft first.

I'm logged in (before 12) but the draft program won't load!!!
                    Aren't you the Senators? If so, you got Pujols anyway. Its all good.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

• Originally posted by MetalDog View Post
                      Doc, I was just a youngster when most of the Billy Martin/George Steinbrenner...animosity...went down. My dad is a HUGE Yankees fan and passed it on to me, so, even at that young age, I paid attention. It was sad and funny at the same time. Glad to have you aboard! Although, I have to say, I pictured Persephone looking more like Teri Hatcher than George Steinbrenner. :-)
                      Those days were comical at times. Billy was great, but he had his problems with drinking. As far as who Perse looks like. She looks like Perse.

Comment

• Can we get a list of the teams + owners handy here?

Comment

• Originally posted by randrmd View Post
                          As far as who Perse looks like. She looks like Perse.
                          Damn straight, I look like me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                            Aren't you the Senators? If so, you got Pujols anyway. Its all good.
                            Yep, that's me. Finally got in about halfway thru the draft.

The stinking computer picked 2 guys for me that are going on the disabled list!
                            _________
                            BoRG

Comment

• The Fast And Furious Draft and a lot of fun. I can't wait to sit in the fantasy dugout with a big wad of tobacco (no PC anymore), or sunflower seeds and start the quest for the championship.

Perse, let's go out and kick some butt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Torien View Post
                                Yep, that's me. Finally got in about halfway thru the draft.

The stinking computer picked 2 guys for me that are going on the disabled list!
                                I saw that on 2 of your pitchers. don't feel too bad, I got one that is hurting too...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X