Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dgfred
    replied
    Playoffs approaching, are we having fun?

Leave a comment:

• randrmd
    replied
    What's up with the Legionaires? Did you give up? Maybe you just haven't been able to log on to make changes to your lineup. You have Polanco at 2B. He's on the DL. You could move Infante from Util to 2B and move anyone of your 3 bench guys to Util. If you move Polanco to the bench you should be able to pick up another RP so you wouldn't have that spot empty for every game. There are plenty of good closers out there who could pick up Saves for you. It's more fun if both teams are competing with full rosters.

Leave a comment:

• dgfred
    replied
    Originally posted by Syt View Post
    Yeah, I messed up bad in that regard. In my other league it looks a bit better, fortunately.

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/133751
    Well, fix it now.

There is more than 1/2 the season left. You can catch up with shrewd play.

Leave a comment:

• Syt
    replied
    Originally posted by Torien View Post
    And it is a shame that Syt keeps losing those pitching stats due to not reaching the min. innings.
    Yeah, I messed up bad in that regard. In my other league it looks a bit better, fortunately.

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/133751

Leave a comment:

• Persephone
    replied
    Hmmm...if Brite's Bandito's unique strategy works, I may give it a whirl.

Leave a comment:

• Torien
    replied
    Originally posted by Persephone View Post
    What kind of cell phone do you have? I've been using my blackberry to update my lineup when I do not have access to my computer.
    I have a Droid and I could probably update it that way if I checked into it... however, that would actually require a 3G data connection and we don't have that where I work. (Silly me, I actually own a 4G phone. Doh!)

Did I ever mention that I work in Amish Country?

Leave a comment:

• Persephone
    replied
    Arghhh! I forgot to switch my starters for today and lost a good outing by Pineda!

I can't always find the time to update everyday! I'm amazed my team isn't doing worse than it is.
    What kind of cell phone do you have? I've been using my blackberry to update my lineup when I do not have access to my computer.

Leave a comment:

• Persephone
    replied
    Originally posted by Legate View Post
    You let a team with only three SPs beat you?!

What good pitchers they are though....
    And one of them is on DL...

Leave a comment:

• Legate
    replied
    Originally posted by Persephone View Post
    He beat us in our matchup without even trying...
    You let a team with only three SPs beat you?!

What good pitchers they are though....

Leave a comment:

• Persephone
    replied
    Originally posted by Legate View Post
    Well we're halfway thru the season and the whole shebang is up for grabs.

Anybody know what's up with Syt? He hasn't made any moves with his team. He has been giving his pitching stats for weeks. Hope all is well with him.
    He beat us in our matchup without even trying...

Leave a comment:

• Persephone
    replied
    Originally posted by dgfred View Post
    UNBELIEVABLE!!!

OK, I'm playing Perse and her Giants love is well known. I pick up a hot Giants starter for my team (M.Baumgardner-sp) to hit Perse with her own team . Game starts vs Twins...

THE FIRST 8 BATTERS GET HITS!!!! Strikes the opposing pitcher out, then gives up another hit . So before he was yanked the dude has given up 8 Runs, got one strikeout and an early day off. Hey, at least he got the opposing pitcher out... Pavano needs to take more batting practice I guess.

Hard for a fantasy pitching staff to recover from their manager's blunder . Dang Giants!
    I heard they knew what was coming. Each time a guy crossed the plate, he would let the next batter know what to watch for. It was a painful game to watch.

I still can't believe he got tagged for 216.00 ERA & 27.00 WHIP! That's just insane.

Leave a comment:

• Persephone
    replied
    Arghhh! I forgot to switch my starters for today and lost a good outing by Pineda!

I can't always find the time to update everyday! I'm amazed my team isn't doing worse than it is.

And it is a shame that Syt keeps losing those pitching stats due to not reaching the min. innings.
    That's a shame. When I was on this morning, I noticed your lineup needed adjusting, I thought you would get to it before game time.

Thank goodness I have a co-manager to back me up.

Leave a comment:

• Torien
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Persephone
    replied
    Originally posted by MetalDog View Post
    You should have known better! Persey put a hex on ALL the GIants she doesn't own. Although, it could be worse, your ERA could be INF(inity)
    Haha...you aren't doing too bad with Aubrey Huff. Although he is nothing like the player he was in his prime. The Giants are giving out Aubrey Huff bobble-heads this Sat, I might go get myself one.

And...Lincecum has been in a funk since Buster Posey got hurt. Only Posey catches Lincecum, so it took some time to get used to a new catcher. He appears to be back on track, got a shutout going right now.

I saw that code INF the other day for one of my pitchers. Only for a moment though, thank goodness.

Leave a comment:

• dgfred
    replied
    Originally posted by randrmd View Post
    Ouch!!! We were going to pick Baumgardner up, but you beat us to it. Thanks, we owe you one.
    Haha, you sure do .

It will take some excellent pitching from my guys to remedy it .

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X