2011 ACG Fantasy Baseball League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Legatus Augusti View Post
    I might be interested in this. I've never done fantasy baseball before but have always wanted to try it. Can I get the info so I can take a look at what is involved?
    It's fun but time consuming. Be sure you have the time to do the legwork on teams and players throughout the season.
    "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Oh...BTW, sign me up!

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

I haven't signed up and now won't be. The Child Bride and I are taking one of our road trips this summer...looks like we are going to be in the 6 weeks + range, so I won't have much time or desire to devote to the league for too much of the season.

Regards,
        Dennis
        If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

My Senators are registered! Should be fun.

Just a little feedback: I really enjoyed the weekly rosters that we used in the last ACG season (09) instead of daily updates. I felt it required a lot more research and baseball smarts to set your lineup and pitching staff for a week at a time, instead of the constant tweaking and micro-managing required by a daily league.

I know that not everyone feels this way. And I'm playing either way. But just wanted to get my 2 cents in.
          History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
          _________
          BoRG

Comment

Dennis, thanks for letting us know. I hope you and your wife enjoy the trip. I gotta say, I kind of envy you the ability to just go for six weeks. Makes my measly ten vacation days pale in comparison. We'll hold down the fort while you're gone.

To the rest of you, if I have not welcomed you and thanked you for participation, let me do so now...THANK YOU! Here's to a GREAT season of competiton and fun!! Oh, there's still a few spots open if any of you know anyone that would like to join.
            "Look, a golden winged ship is passing my way"
            And I really didn't have to stop...I just kept on going.

"Castles Made Of Sand"-Jimi Hendrix from Axis:Bold As Love 1967

Comment

The Legionaries are registered and ready to go!
              Satis elouquentiae sapientiae parum

Diadochi Wars GAME:http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=140484

Comment

Originally posted by MetalDog View Post
                Dennis, thanks for letting us know. I hope you and your wife enjoy the trip. I gotta say, I kind of envy you the ability to just go for six weeks. Makes my measly ten vacation days pale in comparison. We'll hold down the fort while you're gone.

To the rest of you, if I have not welcomed you and thanked you for participation, let me do so now...THANK YOU! Here's to a GREAT season of competiton and fun!! Oh, there's still a few spots open if any of you know anyone that would like to join.
                It's called retirement. Hopefully when you get there you enjoy it as much as we are so far!

Regards,
                Dennis
                If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

The Executioners are registered and ready to PLAY BALL!

Comment

Originally posted by MetalDog View Post

Hey Dog,
                    Will the draft be changed to on-line 'Live'??? Don't like 'auto draft' .
                    SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

A welcome to you Maggie !

Comment

Greg, if you can get all the particpants to agree to a day and a time, and it has to be all and it has to be the same time, then yes, I will switch it to live. Seeing as I don't think that will happen, auto it is.

Torien, if you choose to set your roster once a week and leave it, that is certainly your prerogative. I have a friend in another league I run who checks (and sets) his roster on Sunday and Wednesday. He never wins, but that's 'cuz he's not so good at setting up his draft or using the waiver wire.

Comment

So if everyone doesn't want live draft... we are all going to have teams picked by the computer? That ruins alot of the fun IMO.

Comment

and... we don't really have to all agree. If the commish picks a day/night and time then the ones that CAN'T be there for the live draft can/will use the auto draft.

Comment

Originally posted by dgfred View Post
                              and... we don't really have to all agree. If the commish picks a day/night and time then the ones that CAN'T be there for the live draft can/will use the auto draft.
                              Works for me.

Just so that everyone is clear,you can create a list of players you want and the computer will select whatever is availiable.
                              If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

Greg, don't you think that's an advantage for those picking live? I have nothing against a live draft, I would actually prefer it. And to some extent, I think an auto pick might help some participants who are a little sketchy on the players past all the recognizable names. However, what satisfaction would you get from a team of all stars that you accumulated at the expense of your fellow managers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X