• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MetalDog
    replied
    Originally posted by dgfred View Post
    We are slumping at the moment tho .
    You couldn't have picked last week to do that? ;-)

Leave a comment:

• dgfred
    replied
    Originally posted by Persephone View Post
    Arrrgh...we are going up against the team that had our number most of the season.
    We are slumping at the moment tho .

Leave a comment:

• Torien
    replied
    Originally posted by Legate View Post
    Congrats to Persephone/Randrmd and DgFred for making the final!!
    Agreed. This has been fun. And the finals should be a good match!

Leave a comment:

• Persephone
    replied
    Arrrgh...we are going up against the team that had our number most of the season.

Leave a comment:

• Legate
    replied
    Congrats to Persephone/Randrmd and DgFred for making the final!!

Leave a comment:

• Persephone
    replied
    GO Hunter Pence!!!

Leave a comment:

• MetalDog
    replied
    Hey, Fred! Who did you have to pay off to get Aybar two homers, four rib-eyes and FIVE RUNS!!! One line pushed it from 5-4 me to 6-3 you. I still have Pence, but what's the chances that HE'LL hit two homers and score three times? Hopefully it's a hundred percent :-)

Leave a comment:

• MetalDog
    replied
    What she said! :-)

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
    GO Gotham All Stars!!!

Leave a comment:

• Persephone
    replied
    One more day before the the final matchup and it's still pretty much up for grabs. The numbers are close enough where anyone with a good day on Sun can take their matchup. Even though I am in the lead right now, I still feel I can be beat if Diamond Kings have good day on Sun.

If I make it to the final matchup, I hope I don't have to play Fred's Fhils, he's had my number all season. GO Gotham All Stars!!!

Leave a comment:

• randrmd
    replied
    Originally posted by Torien View Post
    All the moves in the world didn't help me today...

I had the chance to use 4 starters in the Boston-Tampa Bay doubleheader today... and got a total of 3 hits! All from B.J.Upton!

Ortiz didn't even get an at-bat! And A-Gon and Joyce went a combined 0-10...
    I feel your pain. We've had some days like that too.

Leave a comment:

• Torien
    replied
    All the moves in the world didn't help me today...

I had the chance to use 4 starters in the Boston-Tampa Bay doubleheader today... and got a total of 3 hits! All from B.J.Upton!

Ortiz didn't even get an at-bat! And A-Gon and Joyce went a combined 0-10...

Leave a comment:

• Legate
    replied
    I don't think it's as cut and dried as that. Based on current scores, Fred will take over first tonight. And Jasson and I will be in a virtual tie for 2nd.

The last time we did this league, Fred and I were in a dead heat the last month of the season and our 2 week playoff went down to the wire. He won on the very last day.

This has been fun for me. I hope everyone else is enjoying it as well!
    Quite right. Fred's Phils has owned my ass all season. Hopefully that'll change this week. The division is up for grabs. Gonna be a fun 3 weeks.

Leave a comment:

• Legate
    replied
    Originally posted by MetalDog View Post
    Glad you've enjoyed, Torien. I have as well. Although, I think next year, I am going to put a moves per week limit on each team.
    I'm down with that. I did do the pitching streaming option for a while but it just killed my ERA and WHIP. It did help in the K dept. but was so so in wins.

Leave a comment:

• randrmd
    replied
    I've had a lot of fun in the league. I don't see any problems with adding or dropping players on a daily basis. It makes it more interesting. It's a gamble that works sometimes and not others. You may drop someone and a week later that player gets hot. Every team in the league had the same opportunity to add and drop players. Whether a team chooses to do so is totally up to that team.

The only thing that bothered me was when a team just gave up. It's no fun if the other team has players in their lineup who are on the DL. You may miss it for a game, maybe two. To leave a player on the DL in the lineup for an entire week or longer just screams out I gave up. The other thing is not moving your starting pitchers into the lineup on the day they are scheduled to start. It's a long season. If you join the league then put the effort into competing. Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now.

Leave a comment:

• Persephone
    replied
    Remember, I was the one voting for weekly, rather than daily, lineups!
    Originally posted by MetalDog View Post
    True, but I am in a Daily league that only allows three moves per week. And before anyone thinks I am spouting sour grapes with my nine moves for the year, I am totally for using the rules to win. So all you one hundred plus moves have done nothing wrong and I applaud you for being diligent enough to make the moves count.
    I'm glad no one is really objecting to all the moves done this season.

Yes, I was merely playing within the rules. I would welcome a limit next year.

And it's true, all our moves could just as easily have gone against us. Sometimes we did make bad moves, it's the chance we take.

I have thoroughly enjoyed this season and hope we do this again next year. Hopefully we can get more players on board, but OTOH...I like the abundance of players to choose from.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X