2011 ACG Fantasy Baseball League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MetalDog View Post
    Thanks, Dennis. I don't know of any way to make it more fun for someone who may not be interested, but I'll post the league parameters once I get it up and running. Which will take place some time in the next seven days.
    I can't say I didn't enjoy it at all. It wasn't as much fun as I thought it would be for for a couple of reasons, neither having anything at all to do with the company I got to keep!.

Again, I just want to be considereed if it is a difference between the rest having or not having the league! Some of the folks in the group participate faithfully in my football poll, so I figure the least I can do is return the favor if necessary.

Regards,
    Dennis
    If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Originally posted by dgfred View Post
      Is there enough interest here to get a league going?

We would need at least 10 teams, maybe 12 would even be better.
      Count me in.

Comment

Consider your self in BriteLite. The league should be set up this weekend. Total aside, how's the strawberry festival this year?
        "Look, a golden winged ship is passing my way"
        And I really didn't have to stop...I just kept on going.

"Castles Made Of Sand"-Jimi Hendrix from Axis:Bold As Love 1967

Comment

Originally posted by MetalDog View Post
          Consider your self in BriteLite. The league should be set up this weekend. Total aside, how's the strawberry festival this year?
          Festival has just started, Plant City is a beehive of activity. Going to see .38 Special Friday nite. Lady Antebellum closes the show on March 13. Wife's Uncle Johnnie was the Festivel director for many years till he retired. He provides us with all access passes. Wife's aunt lives across the street from the old high school so parking is not a problem.

Comment

Sounds like a good time :-) Envy you the all access passes. That's pretty cool. Be careful and hope you enjoy! Watch this space for Fantasy news this weekend.

Comment

Alright then. The League is up. I have PM'd those who have expressed their interest in joining with the particulars needed to join. Anyone else that would like to join us is welcome. I just ask that you participate if you join. If any of you know someone offline (or at least off ACG) that would like to join, that's fine, too. If you would like to be involved, just post in this thread and I will PM you the particulars. Look forward to a GREAT season competing against you!

Comment

Joined.
                Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

Comment

^Thank you, sir and welcome aboard.

Comment

Diamond Kings are on board.

Whens the draft?
                    If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

The draft should be a week or so before the regular season starts.

Comment

Thanks for getting us rolling dog of metal .

Fred's Fhils are in.
                        SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Quite welcome, Greg! Welcome aboard :-)

Comment

I might be interested in this. I've never done fantasy baseball before but have always wanted to try it. Can I get the info so I can take a look at what is involved?
                            Satis elouquentiae sapientiae parum

Diadochi Wars GAME:http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=140484

Comment

You certainly may. The long and short of it goes like this: each person in the league gets a team that they become manger of. Before the season starts, a draft is held using all of the players currently on Major League rosters. Your team has to fill all the positions on it through the draft (which is automated). Once your team is full, all of the players not chosen are put into a pool. That's known as the waiver wire. ALL of the league managers can draw from this pool by dropping players from their current roster and picking up players from the waiver wire.

Once the Major League season starts, you will be matched up each week against a different team in your league. The players production on your roster will be matched against the players production on the other teams roster. The stats those players generate, in each of ten categories, will be compared against your opponent. Whichever team accumulates the most or best stat in each category, wins that category. This is repeated, every week from April until the end of August. The playoffs start the first week of September to determine our champion.

The statistics we are using are:

Batting: Runs, Home Runs, Runs Batted In, Stolen Bases and Batting Average

Pitching: Wins, Saves, Strikeouts, E(arned) R(un) A(verage) and WHIP (Walks + Hits divided by Innings Pitched)

Whoever is tops between you and your opponent in each category at the end of the week, gets a point. So, you can get as many as ten and as few as zero. Ties are allowed, so theoretically, you and your opponent for the week can go 0-0-10.

Your roster composition is one each of First, Second and Third Basemen, one Shortstop, three Outfielders and one Utility spot. You have two active Starting Pitcher spots and two active Relief Pitcher spots. There are eight Bench positions and (I think) four Disabled List spots.

Your roster must have a valid player in each spot before play starts each day in order for you to gain the benefit of your players production for that days games. If your roster is not legal, you will not get that days production. You also must meet a minimum innings requirement for the week from your pitchers in order to get any of the production from your staff. That has been added due to some players who sign up and then don't participate. It's unfair to those who try every week to win to lose to someone who hasn't logged in since before the draft.

If something is unclear, or you just have a question, please don't hesitate to PM me. And if you decide to join, I will PM you the league name, ID number and password. If you would like to get a feel for the site we are using, this http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy is the site we will be using. Hope you will join us! The more the merrier :-)

Comment

Definitely looks like something I want to participate in. Sign me up!
                                Satis elouquentiae sapientiae parum

Diadochi Wars GAME:http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=140484

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X