No announcement yet.

2011 ACG Fantasy Baseball League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gonna be a squeaker today!! Both the final and 3rd place games are tied. Should be interesting. Good luck!!

I have a sneaking suspicion that MD is not liking Fielder.
    If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

• Hey, can't get any closer than that!

Great matchups .
      SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

• WOW! The Executioners are the CHAMPIONS! I was pleasantly surprised, I was certain Fred's Fhils would be champs cuz he has the better regular season record.

We'll take it though!

Thanks everyone, for an exciting season. Meet you guys back here in 2012!
        "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

• Executioners win league championship.

Dateline Yahoo ACG Fantasy Baseball.

The Executioners, led by Ben Zobrist(4HR) exploded with a team total 18HRS to win the coveted Yahoo ACG Championship in a nail biting final. The playoff series with Fred's Fhils ended in a 5-5 tie. Using criteria not yet announced officials crowned the champs at the conclusion of last night's action. The Fhils, slightly favored by virtue of total season wins kept the series extremely close nearly pitching their way to the title. Led by Clayton Kershaw the Fhils staff dominated opponents all week posting team totals of 98K, ERA 2,78 and WHIP 1.09. The Executioners responded with 9 wins and 99Ks. The series was decided by 1 strikeout. If the Fhils had recorded 1 additional strikeout, the weekly total strikeouts would have resulted in a tie subtracting 1 winning stat from the Executioners breaking the tie and giving the title to the Fhils 5-4. The Executioners also won 2 hitting stats with 53Runs and 44RBIs. The winning coaches have left for vacation at an undisclosed location in Hawaii. Unconfirmed reports indicate Fred's coaches were also invited and are also enroute.

Comment

• Congratulations to everyone. The top teams really gave us some excitement over the last weeks. I have been doing fantasy games for 6 years and I have to say I have never seen so many knowledgeable managers in one league. I for one was outclassed. But there is always next year.

If I caused any drama by using the DL attempting to improve my chances I did not mean to do so. Unfortunately I was not able to consistently maintain my lineup due to personal circumstances. If so I believe I would have had a better record and would have been a more worthy opponenet.

Thanks to all and congrats to the Executioners and Fhils for as an exciting final I can recall.

Comment

• Even though I don't understand the tie-breaker rules if head to head was the first critirea... CONGRATS to the Executioners. It was a fun season.

Interesting note: I had both closers for the teams with the chance to get their teams into the playoffs- Kimbrel (Atl) and Papelbon (Bos). All they needed to do was strike out 2 batters (for me to win in fantasy) or get outs to take their teams to the post-season... both had 2 strike counts and BOTH lost the leads. Both teams failed to make the playoffs.

I guess that puts me in the the 'worst collaspe in baseball history' section too .

Thanks to everyone for playing! See everyone next year.
              SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

• Congrats Executioners on your championship!!
                If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

• Originally posted by dgfred View Post
                  Even though I don't understand the tie-breaker rules if head to head was the first critirea... CONGRATS to the Executioners. It was a fun season.

Interesting note: I had both closers for the teams with the chance to get their teams into the playoffs- Kimbrel (Atl) and Papelbon (Bos). All they needed to do was strike out 2 batters (for me to win in fantasy) or get outs to take their teams to the post-season... both had 2 strike counts and BOTH lost the leads. Both teams failed to make the playoffs.

I guess that puts me in the the 'worst collaspe in baseball history' section too .

Thanks to everyone for playing! See everyone next year.
                  If your guys weren't in a slump the whole 1st week of our final matchup, you would have won it, hands down. When you started making your comeback in the 2nd week, I was certain you were going to take the lead. It was a nail biter for the entire 2nd week, that's for darn sure.

You owned us the entire season, I expected to come in 2nd.
                  "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

• Originally posted by BriteLite View Post
                    Executioners win league championship.

Dateline Yahoo ACG Fantasy Baseball.

The Executioners, led by Ben Zobrist(4HR) exploded with a team total 18HRS to win the coveted Yahoo ACG Championship in a nail biting final. The playoff series with Fred's Fhils ended in a 5-5 tie. Using criteria not yet announced officials crowned the champs at the conclusion of last night's action. The Fhils, slightly favored by virtue of total season wins kept the series extremely close nearly pitching their way to the title. Led by Clayton Kershaw the Fhils staff dominated opponents all week posting team totals of 98K, ERA 2,78 and WHIP 1.09. The Executioners responded with 9 wins and 99Ks. The series was decided by 1 strikeout. If the Fhils had recorded 1 additional strikeout, the weekly total strikeouts would have resulted in a tie subtracting 1 winning stat from the Executioners breaking the tie and giving the title to the Fhils 5-4. The Executioners also won 2 hitting stats with 53Runs and 44RBIs. The winning coaches have left for vacation at an undisclosed location in Hawaii. Unconfirmed reports indicate Fred's coaches were also invited and are also enroute.
                    Excellent article, BriteLite!

Congrats to the Executioners! And thanks to all for a great season.
                    History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                    _________
                    BoRG

Comment

• Thank you all for participating. I had fun running the league for you. When the time comes next year, if you all agree, I would be proud to run it for you again. ALthough, I would certainly like to see more teams. And for circumstances to improve for those who were unable to participate as frequently as they would have liked. And no, BriteLite, your DL dealings didn't cause any drama, just consternation. Once explained, I understood and everything was fine.

In any event, I had fun and congrats to the Executioners and the Fhil's for an exciting finish. And I'll get you next year!
                      "Look, a golden winged ship is passing my way"
                      And I really didn't have to stop...I just kept on going.

"Castles Made Of Sand"-Jimi Hendrix from Axis:Bold As Love 1967

Comment

• What a finish to the regular season.

Sorry for letting my league mates down - it was a miscalculation on my part (in the other online league I usually participate in it's ok to only adjust the line ups every week or two).
                        One Strikeout is a tragedy, a million Strikeouts are a statistic.
                        - "Stallin' Joe" Dshugashvili, Manager of the Moscow Red Stars 1922 - 1953

Comment

• Unstickied.
                          Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X