Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dgfred
    replied
    So if everyone doesn't want live draft... we are all going to have teams picked by the computer? That ruins alot of the fun IMO.

Leave a comment:

• MetalDog
    replied
    Greg, if you can get all the particpants to agree to a day and a time, and it has to be all and it has to be the same time, then yes, I will switch it to live. Seeing as I don't think that will happen, auto it is.

Torien, if you choose to set your roster once a week and leave it, that is certainly your prerogative. I have a friend in another league I run who checks (and sets) his roster on Sunday and Wednesday. He never wins, but that's 'cuz he's not so good at setting up his draft or using the waiver wire.

Leave a comment:

• dgfred
    replied
    A welcome to you Maggie !

Leave a comment:

• dgfred
    replied
    Originally posted by MetalDog View Post
    Dennis, thanks for letting us know. I hope you and your wife enjoy the trip. I gotta say, I kind of envy you the ability to just go for six weeks. Makes my measly ten vacation days pale in comparison. We'll hold down the fort while you're gone.

To the rest of you, if I have not welcomed you and thanked you for participation, let me do so now...THANK YOU! Here's to a GREAT season of competiton and fun!! Oh, there's still a few spots open if any of you know anyone that would like to join.
    Hey Dog,
    Will the draft be changed to on-line 'Live'??? Don't like 'auto draft' .

Leave a comment:

• Persephone
    replied
    The Executioners are registered and ready to PLAY BALL!

Leave a comment:

• D1J1
    replied
    Originally posted by MetalDog View Post
    Dennis, thanks for letting us know. I hope you and your wife enjoy the trip. I gotta say, I kind of envy you the ability to just go for six weeks. Makes my measly ten vacation days pale in comparison. We'll hold down the fort while you're gone.

To the rest of you, if I have not welcomed you and thanked you for participation, let me do so now...THANK YOU! Here's to a GREAT season of competiton and fun!! Oh, there's still a few spots open if any of you know anyone that would like to join.
    It's called retirement. Hopefully when you get there you enjoy it as much as we are so far!

Regards,
    Dennis

Leave a comment:

• Legatus Augusti
    replied
    The Legionaries are registered and ready to go!

Leave a comment:

• MetalDog
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Torien
    replied
    My Senators are registered! Should be fun.

Just a little feedback: I really enjoyed the weekly rosters that we used in the last ACG season (09) instead of daily updates. I felt it required a lot more research and baseball smarts to set your lineup and pitching staff for a week at a time, instead of the constant tweaking and micro-managing required by a daily league.

I know that not everyone feels this way. And I'm playing either way. But just wanted to get my 2 cents in.

Leave a comment:

• D1J1
    replied
    I haven't signed up and now won't be. The Child Bride and I are taking one of our road trips this summer...looks like we are going to be in the 6 weeks + range, so I won't have much time or desire to devote to the league for too much of the season.

Regards,
    Dennis

Leave a comment:

• Persephone
    replied
    Oh...BTW, sign me up!

Leave a comment:

• Persephone
    replied
    Originally posted by Legatus Augusti View Post
    I might be interested in this. I've never done fantasy baseball before but have always wanted to try it. Can I get the info so I can take a look at what is involved?
    It's fun but time consuming. Be sure you have the time to do the legwork on teams and players throughout the season.

Leave a comment:

• Legatus Augusti
    replied
    Definitely looks like something I want to participate in. Sign me up!

Leave a comment:

• MetalDog
    replied
    You certainly may. The long and short of it goes like this: each person in the league gets a team that they become manger of. Before the season starts, a draft is held using all of the players currently on Major League rosters. Your team has to fill all the positions on it through the draft (which is automated). Once your team is full, all of the players not chosen are put into a pool. That's known as the waiver wire. ALL of the league managers can draw from this pool by dropping players from their current roster and picking up players from the waiver wire.

Once the Major League season starts, you will be matched up each week against a different team in your league. The players production on your roster will be matched against the players production on the other teams roster. The stats those players generate, in each of ten categories, will be compared against your opponent. Whichever team accumulates the most or best stat in each category, wins that category. This is repeated, every week from April until the end of August. The playoffs start the first week of September to determine our champion.

The statistics we are using are:

Batting: Runs, Home Runs, Runs Batted In, Stolen Bases and Batting Average

Pitching: Wins, Saves, Strikeouts, E(arned) R(un) A(verage) and WHIP (Walks + Hits divided by Innings Pitched)

Whoever is tops between you and your opponent in each category at the end of the week, gets a point. So, you can get as many as ten and as few as zero. Ties are allowed, so theoretically, you and your opponent for the week can go 0-0-10.

Your roster composition is one each of First, Second and Third Basemen, one Shortstop, three Outfielders and one Utility spot. You have two active Starting Pitcher spots and two active Relief Pitcher spots. There are eight Bench positions and (I think) four Disabled List spots.

Your roster must have a valid player in each spot before play starts each day in order for you to gain the benefit of your players production for that days games. If your roster is not legal, you will not get that days production. You also must meet a minimum innings requirement for the week from your pitchers in order to get any of the production from your staff. That has been added due to some players who sign up and then don't participate. It's unfair to those who try every week to win to lose to someone who hasn't logged in since before the draft.

If something is unclear, or you just have a question, please don't hesitate to PM me. And if you decide to join, I will PM you the league name, ID number and password. If you would like to get a feel for the site we are using, this http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy is the site we will be using. Hope you will join us! The more the merrier :-)

Leave a comment:

• Legatus Augusti
    replied
    I might be interested in this. I've never done fantasy baseball before but have always wanted to try it. Can I get the info so I can take a look at what is involved?

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X