2011 ACG Fantasy Baseball League

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rebpreacher View Post
    All right,this is a raid. Did I hear weed?
    Look out, Doc! The fuzz is on to us!! You better eat that sh*t and pray it's not Labrador!!!
    "Look, a golden winged ship is passing my way"
    And I really didn't have to stop...I just kept on going.

"Castles Made Of Sand"-Jimi Hendrix from Axis:Bold As Love 1967

Comment

• No need for such dramatics, if you have one of these....

Veterans are issued this...

Last edited by Persephone; 08 Aug 11, 23:30.
      "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

• Originally posted by MetalDog View Post
        Did you write that from the "dispensary" or on your way there? ;-)
        I'm going to quote Ringo for my reply.

And i said,
        "no, no, no, no, i don't smoke it no more,
        I'm tired of waking up on the floor.
        No, thank you, please, it only makes me sneeze,
        And then it makes it hard to find the door."
        "The journey is the reward" - Steve Jobs

Comment

Look out, Doc! The fuzz is on to us!! You better eat that sh*t and pray it's not Labrador!!!
          Is this thread turning into a Cheech & Chong movie?

Comment

• Originally posted by randrmd View Post
            I'm going to quote Ringo for my reply.

And i said,
            "no, no, no, no, i don't smoke it no more,
            I'm tired of waking up on the floor.
            No, thank you, please, it only makes me sneeze,
            And then it makes it hard to find the door."
            Haha- Tried to make you go to rehab you said "no, no, no" .
            SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

• You're darned right. The fuzz IS onto you!
              This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• The Armchair division is pretty close. First place is still up for grabs for any team in the division. But Diamond Kings would have to do badly from here on out, which is highly unlikely.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

• Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                  The Armchair division is pretty close. First place is still up for grabs for any team in the division. But Diamond Kings would have to do badly from here on out, which is highly unlikely.
                  I don't think it's as cut and dried as that. Based on current scores, Fred will take over first tonight. And Jasson and I will be in a virtual tie for 2nd.

The last time we did this league, Fred and I were in a dead heat the last month of the season and our 2 week playoff went down to the wire. He won on the very last day.

This has been fun for me. I hope everyone else is enjoying it as well!
                  History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                  _________
                  BoRG

Comment

• Glad you've enjoyed, Torien. I have as well. Although, I think next year, I am going to put a moves per week limit on each team.

Comment

Glad you've enjoyed, Torien. I have as well. Although, I think next year, I am going to put a moves per week limit on each team.
                      Remember, I was the one voting for weekly, rather than daily, lineups!
                      History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                      _________
                      BoRG

Comment

• True, but I am in a Daily league that only allows three moves per week. And before anyone thinks I am spouting sour grapes with my nine moves for the year, I am totally for using the rules to win. So all you one hundred plus moves have done nothing wrong and I applaud you for being diligent enough to make the moves count.

Comment

• Originally posted by randrmd View Post
                          The Diamond Kings own us. We need to do something about that.
                          Yes, he does "own" us. He surged ahead of us again...on the last day, just when I thought we finally got him beat! Arrrgh!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Torien View Post
                            Remember, I was the one voting for weekly, rather than daily, lineups!
                            Originally posted by MetalDog View Post
                            True, but I am in a Daily league that only allows three moves per week. And before anyone thinks I am spouting sour grapes with my nine moves for the year, I am totally for using the rules to win. So all you one hundred plus moves have done nothing wrong and I applaud you for being diligent enough to make the moves count.
                            I'm glad no one is really objecting to all the moves done this season.

Yes, I was merely playing within the rules. I would welcome a limit next year.

And it's true, all our moves could just as easily have gone against us. Sometimes we did make bad moves, it's the chance we take.

I have thoroughly enjoyed this season and hope we do this again next year. Hopefully we can get more players on board, but OTOH...I like the abundance of players to choose from.

Comment

• I've had a lot of fun in the league. I don't see any problems with adding or dropping players on a daily basis. It makes it more interesting. It's a gamble that works sometimes and not others. You may drop someone and a week later that player gets hot. Every team in the league had the same opportunity to add and drop players. Whether a team chooses to do so is totally up to that team.

The only thing that bothered me was when a team just gave up. It's no fun if the other team has players in their lineup who are on the DL. You may miss it for a game, maybe two. To leave a player on the DL in the lineup for an entire week or longer just screams out I gave up. The other thing is not moving your starting pitchers into the lineup on the day they are scheduled to start. It's a long season. If you join the league then put the effort into competing. Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now.

Comment

Glad you've enjoyed, Torien. I have as well. Although, I think next year, I am going to put a moves per week limit on each team.
                                I'm down with that. I did do the pitching streaming option for a while but it just killed my ERA and WHIP. It did help in the K dept. but was so so in wins.
                                If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X