X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syt
    replied
    Originally posted by Persephone View Post
    #3 for me as well. Just let me know the date and time of the draft, if we are going "live".
    I will try to be available for it, if not...I have my "players list" all set too.
    Same for me here.

Leave a comment:

• MetalDog
    replied
    Five votes FOR live draft or don't care. Three more countries to be heard from. At least one more team in order to even do this. How will it end? Tune in tomorrow to find out...How the Baseball Turns.

Leave a comment:

• Torien
    replied
    I would prefer a live draft. But I'm not too sure I could be available when everyone else is.

I did ok with the computer picks when we did this before.

Leave a comment:

• Persephone
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardS View Post
    3 and I may still let the computer pick for me even if a live draft.
    #3 for me as well. Just let me know the date and time of the draft, if we are going "live".
    I will try to be available for it, if not...I have my "players list" all set too.

Leave a comment:

• Legate
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardS View Post
    Same here.

Leave a comment:

• RichardS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• dgfred
    replied
    I vote Live Draft.

Leave a comment:

• MetalDog
    replied
    Ok. There is some interest in a live draft. By some of the participants. So I ask myself, "Self, what would you do? You want everyone to have a fun experience, but not everyone agrees on what is fun. So how do you solve it?"

After consulting with myself, I'd like to throw this out there: I would like everyone to draft in the same manner, all auto or all live. My reasoning is simple, if everyone drafts the same, then noone can come back and say that someone else had an unfair advantage. We all don't mind NOW, but that's before the draft and season have started.

Because I am comissioner and not dictator, I will put the draft to a vote. The only rule is that EVERYONE has to cast ther vote. If one person does not make their wishes known, then it is auto draft by default.

Now, your choices are these:

1) Autodraft

2) Live draft

3) Either way is fine

If you vote for a live draft, then you must provide a date(s) and time(s) that you are available.

Everyone clear on this? Good. And one more thing, we are short an odd number of teams. We need at least one more to do any of this. Three is also fine. So is five.

Leave a comment:

• dgfred
    replied
    Originally posted by MetalDog View Post
    Greg, don't you think that's an advantage for those picking live? I have nothing against a live draft, I would actually prefer it. And to some extent, I think an auto pick might help some participants who are a little sketchy on the players past all the recognizable names. However, what satisfaction would you get from a team of all stars that you accumulated at the expense of your fellow managers?
    Hey Dog,
    No... not an advantage as far as I can see. Because: Most live drafting will be players you like best (your favorite guys) or the best available player that is left on the board. If you can't make the draft... the computer (yahoo) will automatically take the best available player to fill your roster or it will take the highest available player on your own 'draft order' that you can set as you like. So a person drafting live should not have a team of all stars... in fact they might be better off NOT drafting live because of personal bias regarding certain players. That is what happens to me alot... I want guys I like and end up hoping they will do well. Instead of taking the best available player. But that's the fun for me.

Leave a comment:

• Persephone
    replied
    I'm game either way, but I would prefer a live draft if at all possible.

I've already selected my list of players, in case it goes live while I am not available.

So whatever you guys decide is fine with me.

Leave a comment:

• Legatus Augusti
    replied
    Originally posted by Syt View Post
    Either would really be fine with me, though I can't promise I'd be able to make a live draft.
    I second that. Since this is my first foray I'm really just looking forward to learning the intricacies of the system and game-play, but a draft could be fun!

Leave a comment:

• Syt
    replied
    Either would really be fine with me, though I can't promise I'd be able to make a live draft.

Leave a comment:

• MetalDog
    replied
    Greg, don't you think that's an advantage for those picking live? I have nothing against a live draft, I would actually prefer it. And to some extent, I think an auto pick might help some participants who are a little sketchy on the players past all the recognizable names. However, what satisfaction would you get from a team of all stars that you accumulated at the expense of your fellow managers?

Leave a comment:

• Legate
    replied
    Originally posted by dgfred View Post
    and... we don't really have to all agree. If the commish picks a day/night and time then the ones that CAN'T be there for the live draft can/will use the auto draft.
    Works for me.

Just so that everyone is clear,you can create a list of players you want and the computer will select whatever is availiable.

Leave a comment:

• dgfred
    replied
    and... we don't really have to all agree. If the commish picks a day/night and time then the ones that CAN'T be there for the live draft can/will use the auto draft.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X