2011 ACG Fantasy Baseball League

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 ACG Fantasy Baseball League

Is there enough interest here to get a league going?

We would need at least 10 teams, maybe 12 would even be better.
    SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

I would love to get involved, but this is my super busy time and will not have a ton of free time until May and then I would be able to devote a good deal of time to the team.

Do you allow dual managers or is it one person/one team?
    "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
    -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

Originally posted by dgfred View Post
      Is there enough interest here to get a league going?

We would need at least 10 teams, maybe 12 would even be better.
      I've canvassed a few people on this very subject. I believe that The Ibis, Alexander and Syt are in for sure. I was going to wait until the beginning of March to put a big post together and see what kind of interest there is here. I usually run a Yahoo 5x5, but I could be talked into an ESPN keeper league if there is enough interest.

So, baseball fans, SOUND OFF!!
      "Look, a golden winged ship is passing my way"
      And I really didn't have to stop...I just kept on going.

"Castles Made Of Sand"-Jimi Hendrix from Axis:Bold As Love 1967

Comment

I'm in.
        Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

Comment

Originally posted by MetalDog View Post
          I've canvassed a few people on this very subject. I believe that The Ibis, Alexander and Syt are in for sure. I was going to wait until the beginning of March to put a big post together and see what kind of interest there is here. I usually run a Yahoo 5x5, but I could be talked into an ESPN keeper league if there is enough interest.

So, baseball fans, SOUND OFF!!
          OK then . Yahoo has keeper leagues too .
          SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Count me in.
            If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

I'm in!
              History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
              _________
              BoRG

Comment

Yahoo has keepers?! EXCELLENT!! I am formally putting my extensive experience at the disposal of this august group to be commissioner of our little Fantasy League. If there are any objections, please say so.

Comment

Is Zappa qualified to run the league?
                  If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

Reporting for duty!
                    One Strikeout is a tragedy, a million Strikeouts are a statistic.
                    - "Stallin' Joe" Dshugashvili, Manager of the Moscow Red Stars 1922 - 1953

Comment

Originally posted by Legate View Post
                      Is Zappa qualified to run the league?
                      Here are my bona fides:

Twenty five years of running fantasy baseball leagues. From the days of keeping your own stats with the Tuesday and Wednesday USA Today sports pages to the computer age.

Numerous wins in points leagues as well as H2H.

Current commish (five years running) for Wiseguys league.

Would love to head up ACG league, but if it already belongs to someone else, by all means, go ahead and run it. I will be glad to participate.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalDog View Post
                        Here are my bona fides:

Twenty five years of running fantasy baseball leagues. From the days of keeping your own stats with the Tuesday and Wednesday USA Today sports pages to the computer age.

Numerous wins in points leagues as well as H2H.

Current commish (five years running) for Wiseguys league.

Would love to head up ACG league, but if it already belongs to someone else, by all means, go ahead and run it. I will be glad to participate.
                        Vert impressive. I really don't have a bone as to runs the league. I just wanna play!

Comment

I tried this last year and the NFL fantasy league. They aren't my cup of tea, but if push comes to shove and you need a warm body to fill it out somebody drop me a PM.

Regards,
                          Dennis
                          If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Thanks, Dennis. I don't know of any way to make it more fun for someone who may not be interested, but I'll post the league parameters once I get it up and running. Which will take place some time in the next seven days.

Comment

Originally posted by Legate View Post
                              Vert impressive. I really don't have a bone as to runs the league. I just wanna play!
                              I concur with the esteemed delegate of the Republic of Orgeon.
                              One Strikeout is a tragedy, a million Strikeouts are a statistic.
                              - "Stallin' Joe" Dshugashvili, Manager of the Moscow Red Stars 1922 - 1953

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X