Super Bowl Tickets for $200!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Bowl Tickets for $200!

Buyer beware! They are actually selling Super Bowl tickets for $200 to watch the game on HD video screens from outside the stadium.

Why bother? I can do that in the comfort of my own home!

NFL to charge people $200 to stand outside Super Bowl stadium

By Chris Chase

For one-third the price of a regular ticket, NFL fans will be able to stand outside Cowboys Stadium and act like they are attending the Super Bowl XLV. The league announced on Wednesday that tickets to watch the game on large HD video screens on the east side of the stadium will cost $200.
    They're calling it the "party plaza," because what's more of a party than spending two bills to go through a security line for the right to sit on a grassy knoll, pay $9 for a beer and watch a game that's freely available on television?
    Tickets will first be offered to Cowboys season-ticket holders who will have to buy in blocks of four. The $800 will cover four tickets to watch the game, four programs, four scarves and a parking pass. Scarves? For that price, they better be Burberry.

Read full article at:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-309783
    "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

That is the ultimate price gouge i have ever heard of, $200 hard earned to watch bloody TV screens, that's deplorable.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoss72 View Post
      That is the ultimate price gouge i have ever heard of, $200 hard earned to watch bloody TV screens, that's deplorable.
      No. It is called the free market. Nobody is holding a gun to the heads of those that pay.

On a related note those $200 TV viewers will be counted in the final crowd numbers. That is just cheating.
      Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

For that price the screens better be the size of the vid screens inside the stadium and the beer be served in gold goblets.
        One Strikeout is a tragedy, a million Strikeouts are a statistic.
        - "Stallin' Joe" Dshugashvili, Manager of the Moscow Red Stars 1922 - 1953

Comment

Originally posted by Rojik View Post
          No. It is called the free market. Nobody is holding a gun to the heads of those that pay.

On a related note those $200 TV viewers will be counted in the final crowd numbers. That is just cheating.
          Time for me to take some medication and calm down.

Of course, if the NFL wants to charge $200 a pop for seats outside the stadium and those watching large TV screens, that is not price gouging that is commercialized genious.

Not exactly cheating, after all they are paying consumers and are at the venue, techically they are paying spectators.

Comment

Another brilliant Jerry Jones idea. They are trying to break the all time super bowl attendance record. You know, since the Cowboys can't be counted on to win anything. Silly, but apparently the boobs sitting outside watching on the big screen enjoying the super bowl 'ambiance' would count towards the official attendance. Strange...

Comment

Nothing wrong with Jones, the NFL or anyone else capitalizing on the event. The Penguins did a similar thing during the Stanley Cup playoffs with one huge difference...watching on the screen outside the Igloo was free.

To be fair, I think he should allow bona fide Cowgirl fans in free...so they could cry and castigate the second stupidest owner in the NFL!

Regards,
              Dennis
              If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

I would love to go!

As a Packer fan here in Wisconsin most everyone I spoke to would love to be able to go there and do it if it was a bit less. It is the atmosphere of the game that people will enjoy. Tailgating at Lambeau Field is a party in itself, 50,000 people cooking brats, burgers, drinking beer and playing street football. As a red blooded american male, thats what it is all about.
                To some it may seem a bit crazy but I think it would be fun.

Go Packers!!
                "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

I'll watch it from either the relaxation of my own home or at my church's annual Super Bowl party; I'd rather blow $200 on something else.

-Matt
                  SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

i agree,love the superbowl but its to hiped up,watch it at home.

Comment

I'll be watching where I've been going, over to my son's home and the Steeler Cave!

HERE WE GO!!
                      Regards,
                      Dennis
                      If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X