Packers win!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packers win!

I'm just so thrilled that Packers won the game tonight! I have a gut feeling that Packers will go all way to Super Bowl.

I just hope that Dom Capers and Kevin Greene will stay with Packers for another couple of years. They have done an excellent job of coaching defensive players, especially linebackers crop.

Of course, Rodgers and Co. played magnificently. Can we stop the talk that Rodgers isn't really an elite quarterback simply because he had never won a playoff game? Please? There's no question about it, Rodgers is now an elite quarterback, and I think he's now a prennial Pro Bowl QB for a long time to come.

This time, we had a better running game, though Starks did not much after having a 123 yards game last week. However, what Starks did was much better than what Packers had done the last time they met with Atlanta Falcons. Kuhn did a great job of touching that pylon for a touchdown! It was cool to see B. Raji playing as a lineman on offense. That's unusual, but Packers did score on that play.

The receivers crop did a much better job of holding onto the ball this time around. Jennings' fumble was a fluke, and it never seriously threatened the game for Packers as it happened early on. Nelson was the go-to guy on third downs, and he did a nice job of dodging defensive players. Driver in his tenth year still look good as ever.

What can I say about special teams? They still suck, but after giving up that 102 yard TD return, they did a better job of stopping the return men. The only good thing came of it was that Packers didn't punt the entire game, which says a lot about Packers offense and the way Packers defense played the game!

In all, Packers brought their A-game to Georgia Dome. They executed very well on both sides of the football. They have momentum going with them into NFC championship game. I think they can win the last two games, as long Packers play well on both sides, and don't turn over the ball that often. I hope that Packers will become the first NFC No. 6 seed to win Super Bowl. The only other team that played No. 6 seed and won the Super Bowl was Pittsburgh Steelers from AFC.

Go, Packers, go!

Dan
    Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

While I'm primarily a Patriots fan, I was rooting for the Packers NFC-wise. I was stunned at how many points Atlanta gave up tonight, and I have a feeling the NFC Championship game (whoever their opponent may be) is going to be a good one.

Right now, though...I'm just praying the Patriots are able to beat the Jets (not really a huge task there) and then halt the Squealers from making yet another Super Bowl appearance. Of the five teams remaining besides the Squealers, here's who I think has the best hopes in beating them:

1) Patriots
    2) Packers
    3) Bears
    4) Jets
    5) Seahawks

-Matt

-Matt
    SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Jones View Post
      While I'm primarily a Patriots fan, I was rooting for the Packers NFC-wise. I was stunned at how many points Atlanta gave up tonight, and I have a feeling the NFC Championship game (whoever their opponent may be) is going to be a good one.

Right now, though...I'm just praying the Patriots are able to beat the Jets (not really a huge task there) and then halt the Squealers from making yet another Super Bowl appearance. Of the five teams remaining besides the Squealers, here's who I think has the best hopes in beating them:

1) Patriots
      2) Packers
      3) Bears
      4) Jets
      5) Seahawks

-Matt

-Matt
      I don't mind a rematch of Packers and Patriots in SB.

At that time, we had Favre and Bledose, two top QBs in NFL. This time, we have Rodgers and Brady, elite QBs in their own right. The last time Packers played Patriots, Rodgers didn't play, but Flynn did a great job anyway. Now, let's see how Rodgers does against Patriots!

I think it comes down to Packers vs Chicago in NFC, and Steelers vs Patriots in AFC. After that, it will be Packers vs Patriots.

What do you think?

Dan
      Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

I agree completely; Seattle doesn't have the 'oomph' needed to defeat the Bears, and the same goes for the Jets against the Patriots.

I LOATHE the Squealers, so I'm naturally hoping they get SMASHED by the Patriots, and the Packers are on a freaking roll, so the Bears shouldn't present too much of a problem. Even so it'll be a good game.

And if it comes down to a Patriots-Packers Super Bowl, I'd be happy with either team winning, as both are on my list of favs. (I really only have three I dislike; Squealers, Giants, and Colts.)

-Matt

Comment

1) Patriots
          2) Packers
          3) Bears
          4) Jets
          5) Seahawks

-Matt

-Matt
          Matt, the problem with the Jets, and this is a problem that spans decades, is that you cant predict what the Jets are going to do. They have the talent to beat the Patriots. But will they decide to play? Or are they going to just show up to collect a paycheck................ Which Jets are we going to see today? Anyway.......... Go Steelers!!!!!!!!!!!
          ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

I was very surprised with the Packer offensive performance as well as the margin of victory, considering how close the two played each other previously. While not wanting to dismiss the Seahawks as being unable to pull off the upset, they will be playing away and at Soldier Field.

Packers vs. Bears, round 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
              Matt, the problem with the Jets, and this is a problem that spans decades, is that you can't predict what the Jets are going to do. They have the talent to beat the Patriots. But will they decide to play? Or are they going to just show up to collect a paycheck... Which Jets are we going to see today?
              I've only been following the NFL for a few years (never really interested me much before then) so I don't know much about teams' past histories. But I think you hit the nail on the head concerning the Jets.

-Matt

Comment

I've only been following the NFL for a few years (never really interested me much before then) so I don't know much about teams' past histories. But I think you hit the nail on the head concerning the Jets.

-Matt

See what I'm saying Matt? The Jets came to play today. 14-3 at the half.

EDIT: Games over. How are ya feeling?
                Last edited by Gixxer86g; 16 Jan 11, 19:08.
                ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Well, it's now Jets vs Pitt and Packers vs Bears!

It's strange that despite the rivalry between Packers and Bears, the last time they played each other in the playoff was in 1941 or so. So, it will be the biggest game for NFC on next Sunday, and I'm pretty sure it will be a very close one, unlike the Packers/Atlanta game last Saturday.

My prediction for SB: Packers vs Jets.

Dan

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

I'm a life long Green Bay fan. My dad was born there and his aunt was actually Bart Starr's neighbor. This is the best packers team I've seen in a while. The offensive is unstoppable, rodgers is damn good,and we have a running game now (Kuhn!) and the best young receivers in the NFL. Dom Capers has done a great job with this defense. Tramon Williams and Sam Shields will be household names pretty soon. The previous Pack-Pats meeting was a good game and Flynn played a great game(side note: Flynn's from my home town and I had the privilege of meeting and working out with him last summer. Great guy and a beast.) I don't think anybody cam stop the Pack
                    "The first time those bastards encounter US Marines, I want it to be the most traumatic experience of their miserable lives."
                    -Gen. James Mattis, USMC

Psalms 144.1

Comment

As of right now, the Jets are on my s**t list, but I will GLADLY forgive all if they manage to keep the Squealers out of YET ANOTHER Super Bowl.

I'm with Cheetah772...Packers vs. Jets for the Super Bowl.

-Matt

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X