Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legate
    replied
    I was stoked to hear of Harbaugh's hiring. I had high hopes for Singletary but alas...

I wonder if Harbaugh thinks he can redeem A. Smith or if he'll want to go for a new qb in the draft.

Leave a comment:

• Roddoss72
    replied
    Originally posted by Persephone View Post
    Roddess...we all know this is the 49ers best cheerleader ever!!!

not the same, not even on a bet.

Leave a comment:

• Persephone
    replied
    Roddess...we all know this is the 49ers best cheerleader ever!!!

Leave a comment:

• Persephone
    replied
    Originally posted by The Ibis View Post
    Hope it works out for you guys Percy.
    If it does, it would make me a very happy fan! It's been a rough road for Niner fans this past decade.

But like I said in my post above, it all depends on retaining the talent we have now. Otherwise we will have to start rebuilding all over again.
    Although, I wouldn't mind picking up Luck when he goes into the draft after one more year at Stanford.

Originally posted by The Ibis View Post
    Now on to the reporting. I'm dismayed by these two sentences ESPN put together in the article you quoted:

The first sentence comes from Harbaugh himself. Good enough. But the next sentence, which appears to follow from the first, is NOT a statement by Harbaugh! In fact, (if Steve Ross is to be believed), although the Dolphins met with Harbaugh, they did not make him an offer at all! http://links.dolphins.com/C2L/er.asp...IuS39LeTNYvQ$$

BTW, Ross also said the Dolphins never even spoke to the other coaches that have been linked to them - Cowher and Gruden. Of course, why they wouldn't even speak to Cowher (a proven and highly successful NFL coach) is inexplicable to me if they were willing to speak to Harbaugh.
    Nice catch on the wording there!

I'm sure Harbaugh's agent(s) threw it out there to get a better deal from the Niners.

Yes, he has 2 agents...

Harbaugh used unusual two-agent approach

Posted by Mike Florio on January 8, 2011, 9:47 AM EST

Lost in the sudden rise to NFL coaching prominence of Jim Harbaugh is the unique, to say the least, manner in which leverage was built.
    Harbaugh used not one but two agents to negotiate his contract. And not two agents with one firm. Two agents with different firms.
    It’s not unprecedented when it comes to players. Often, two otherwise competing agents come together and work on behalf of — and at the behest of — one client. Rarely if ever does a coach employ agents from different agencies.
    Harbaugh has been represented in the past by Jack Bechta. Superagent David Dunn, however, had become more and more prominent in conjunction with Harbaugh’s leap from Stanford to, eventually, the San Francisco 49ers.
    Though some league and media insiders believe that Dunn handled the situation and that Bechta had no role, it appears that Dunn handled Harbaugh’s NFL search and that Bechta presided over the talks with Stanford.

Read full article at:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...gent-approach/

Leave a comment:

• mike dunn
    replied
    he has alot of work to do. but i think your right should come back to stanford and suppourt his QB and win a title.

Leave a comment:

• randrmd
    replied
    We have a good team now, we are missing a leader aka head coach.

With Harbaugh, the puzzle is complete.

The hard part now is to retain the talent we've put together the last several years.

Heck, we missed winning the division this season by one friggin game!
    Did I miss something this season. Maybe you believe Joe Montana is coming back to play. I'm pretty sure that the 49ers are in the same boat as the Cowboys when it comes to the quarterback position. They both need upgrades. You can have Tony "I can win any important games" Romo.

Leave a comment:

• Persephone
    replied
    Originally posted by Roddoss72 View Post
    As fo this dinky die Aussie who has followed the 49ers fro the last 31 years it has been very hard of late, but i suppose this is a fresh start we need, is it possible to get back Joe Montana and Jerry Rice.
    We have a good team now, we are missing a leader aka head coach.

With Harbaugh, the puzzle is complete.

The hard part now is to retain the talent we've put together the last several years.

Heck, we missed winning the division this season by one friggin game!

Leave a comment:

• The Ibis
    replied
    This was a surprise to me. I know that Stanford was lobbying hard for Harbaugh to stay put.

Harbaugh signed a five-year, $25 million contract with the 49ers.

He made a promise to Stanford Cardinal fans, support the team and he would make them bowl contender.
    He succeeded in that goal in a mere 4 years.

I just love the guy's attitude. I hope he succeeds in turning the 49ers around.
    Hope it works out for you guys Percy.

Now on to the reporting. I'm dismayed by these two sentences ESPN put together in the article you quoted:

Harbaugh insists this move wasn't all about money. He reportedly had an offer for more from Miami.
    The first sentence comes from Harbaugh himself. Good enough. But the next sentence, which appears to follow from the first, is NOT a statement by Harbaugh! In fact, (if Steve Ross is to be believed), although the Dolphins met with Harbaugh, they did not make him an offer at all! http://links.dolphins.com/C2L/er.asp...IuS39LeTNYvQ$$

BTW, Ross also said the Dolphins never even spoke to the other coaches that have been linked to them - Cowher and Gruden. Of course, why they wouldn't even speak to Cowher (a proven and highly successful NFL coach) is inexplicable to me if they were willing to speak to Harbaugh.
    Last edited by The Ibis; 09 Jan 11, 10:37.

Leave a comment:

• Roddoss72
    replied
    Well the onfield team was crap but on the sidelines we have these to cheer for

gr-team-photo-2010.jpg

gr-1010-line-amber.jpg

gr-2010-line-deanna.jpg

gr-2010-line-lauren.jpg

gr-2010-line-lindsey.jpg

Leave a comment:

• randrmd
    replied
    Originally posted by D1J1 View Post
    Yep! One of the 5 worst records in the NFL over the last 10 years. Rank Al Davis right down there with Jerry Jones and Danny Boy Snyder in the league's dumbest owners!

Regards,
    Dennis
    The Three Stooges. Jerry Jones' ego is way to big to ever admit that he doesn't know what he's doing. Bring back Jimmy Johnson, please!!!

Leave a comment:

• D1J1
    replied
    Originally posted by randrmd View Post
    Ah, the greatness of the Raiders!!!
    Yep! One of the 5 worst records in the NFL over the last 10 years. Rank Al Davis right down there with Jerry Jones and Danny Boy Snyder in the league's dumbest owners!

Regards,
    Dennis

Leave a comment:

• Roddoss72
    replied
    Originally posted by randrmd View Post
    You might as well throw John Taylor in there too. Montana would throw a 5 yard slant pass to Rice or Taylor and they would run past the defense for an 80 yard touchdown pass that was more run than pass. They were fun to watch except when they beat the Cowboys.
    They didn't call Montana the Surgeon for nothing, i have never seen a QB with a the best offensive team cut apart a teams defence as well has he could.

We will never see the likes of him again but it still a fresh start, but looking towards next season.

Leave a comment:

• randrmd
    replied
    Originally posted by Roddoss72 View Post
    As fo this dinky die Aussie who has followed the 49ers fro the last 31 years it has been very hard of late, but i suppose this is a fresh start we need, is it possible to get back Joe Montana and Jerry Rice.
    You might as well throw John Taylor in there too. Montana would throw a 5 yard slant pass to Rice or Taylor and they would run past the defense for an 80 yard touchdown pass that was more run than pass. They were fun to watch except when they beat the Cowboys.

Leave a comment:

• Roddoss72
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Persephone
    replied
    Originally posted by Scout32 View Post
    Persephone,There's a better team across the Bay.The Mighty Oakland Raiders.

I'd rather look southward towards San Diego...

The Chargers are my 2nd CA team.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X