Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All incompassing Pro Wresting thread that won't draw heat or go over

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • All incompassing Pro Wresting thread that won't draw heat or go over

    This thread I assume The Ibis and I will be mainly the only people posting in.

    I will go ahead and take care of these posts first:

    Yes the outcome is predetermined, much like any form of theater.
    No, not only rednecks like it.
    Yes it is difficult for many people from 'non wrestling countries' to "get"
    Yes in Mexico rules for title changes and stipulations are enforced by a legitimate sports commission.
    Yes the original Four Horsemen are the greatest stable of all time.
    Yes the way wrestling puts it in your face now that it is all a work and they don't even try to preserve kayfabe sucks.
    No, you should never let the talent book the product.

    Кто там?
    Это я - Почтальон Печкин!
    Tunis is a Carthigenian city!

  • #2
    Originally posted by Stryker 19K30 View Post
    This thread I assume The Ibis and I will be mainly the only people posting in.

    I will go ahead and take care of these posts first:

    Yes the outcome is predetermined, much like any form of theater.
    No, not only rednecks like it.
    Yes it is difficult for many people from 'non wrestling countries' to "get"
    Yes in Mexico rules for title changes and stipulations are enforced by a legitimate sports commission.
    Yes the original Four Horsemen are the greatest stable of all time.
    Yes the way wrestling puts it in your face now that it is all a work and they don't even try to preserve kayfabe sucks.
    No, you should never let the talent book the product.



    Alright, I am taking the plunge here Stryker...I am not a redneck but i absolutely love wrestling...Brett Hart was and is the man!!
    I grew up watching the Von Erichs, the Freebirds, Rick Flair, Jake the Snake, Andre the Giant...

    "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
    "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by robbielynne View Post
      Alright, I am taking the plunge here Stryker...I am not a redneck but i absolutely love wrestling...Brett Hart was and is the man!!

      Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart at Wrestlemania X - the best intro match on any pay per view. Ever. Period. End of discussion.





      Comment


      • #4
        Drugs are bad

        One of my all time favorite promos

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm having way too much fun with this already.

          Comment


          • #6
            LMAO..."Macho Man" Randy Savage..there is a blast from the past..Brett "the Hitman" Hart IMHO the best wrestler ever...he came to an event in Oklahoma City at the Ford Center last summer for WWF (i think) and my nephew went..I know he is divorced now and i think he has had a stroke in the last few years..but he is one tough bast*rd
            "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
            "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by robbielynne View Post
              I grew up watching the Von Erichs, the Freebirds, Rick Flair, Jake the Snake, Andre the Giant...
              Here are two for you robbie!



              Comment


              • #8
                Owen Hart was so awesome in that match, and the promos he cut after it were just so great.

                robbielynne - WCCW was an awesome promotion with a great product in its time. It was one of the best territories in the country. And as for the Hitman what happened to his push in WCW is the prime example of why you don't let the talent (Nash and Hogan) run the book.
                Кто там?
                Это я - Почтальон Печкин!
                Tunis is a Carthigenian city!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by The Ibis View Post
                  I'm having way too much fun with this already.



                  Hey that is the Scorpion King and the Tooth Fairy
                  "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
                  "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Stryker 19K30 View Post
                    Owen Hart was so awesome in that match, and the promos he cut after it were just so great.

                    robbielynne - WCCW was an awesome promotion with a great product in its time. It was one of the best territories in the country. And as for the Hitman what happened to his push in WCW is the prime example of why you don't let the talent (Nash and Hogan) run the book.
                    I watched a documentary on Bret Hart and it is his final days. I think it was made in 1999 and his break w/ the WWF (I think)..i will see if i can find it or part of it and maybe post it...
                    "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
                    "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by robbielynne View Post
                      I watched a documentary on Bret Hart and it is his final days. I think it was made in 1999 and his break w/ the WWF (I think)..i will see if i can find it or part of it and maybe post it...
                      Its Hitman Hart: Wrestling With Shadows. Very, very good stuff.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Yeah that is it..he gives old big mouth a black eye..His dad was still alive in the documentary..I think I have watched it about 10 times...everytime it is on, I watch it...it is a candid look behind the scenes of wrestling and i still cry (okay i am a crybaby) everytime i see the end of that show and how they screwed him.
                        "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
                        "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Great mic skills, decent worker in ring for his time, terrible booker:

                          Кто там?
                          Это я - Почтальон Печкин!
                          Tunis is a Carthigenian city!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            God, everybody hated Ric Flair including myself...''Nature Boy"
                            "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
                            "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I'm still hoping Rowdy Roddy Piper will run for President.

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X