Winter Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Classic

We're, the son and I, going! My brother in law got tickets throught the lottery for Steeler season ticket holders and can't make it. YES!

We leave tomorrow and will make a weekend of it in the Burgh! Should be a great weekend with my main man! We will take in some of the First Night activities dahn tahn and stay with one of his buddies he met in college.

It would be fine, but not necessary, for the Pens to win too!

Regards,
    Dennis
    If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Congrats! Suffice to say, I'm jealous. As for the Pens, after tanking versus the lowly Isles last night, up is the only direction they can go.
    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

I'm chalking that one up to looking ahead. But in an 80 game season it's going to happen to every team, and likely more than once!

Regards,
      Dennis

Comment

DJ, what's the current weather forecast for that area? It's pretty mild up here. As long as it doesn't rain, I would imagine they can do the artifical ice outdoors even with a fairly high ambient temperature.

It sound be a good time !

They're showing it up here (ads really playing up the Ovi vs. Sid angle). I'll probably watch it if I'm not too hung over.

Comment

Rain delay! It looked liked big fun on TV.
          SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

It was a great experience. The puck was incredibly easy to follow even at a distance.

I definitely enjoyed spending the weekend with my son and his buds, but its getting a little tough for the old buck to hang with the younger ones!

Might be a case of the king is dead, long live the king! At least in some regards.

Dennis

Comment

Must've been fun in all that rain! I bet the ice wasn't all that great. Was surprised the Caps won. I really thought the Pens were gonna take that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Pyle's Heroes View Post
                Must've been fun in all that rain! I bet the ice wasn't all that great. Was surprised the Caps won. I really thought the Pens were gonna take that one.
                The rain wasn't bad until the third period. We were under roof and only caught a few drops when the wind was right.

The Pens seemed to try and get too fancy with the puck in periods 2 and 3. Passing for the perfect shot rather than just putting the puck on the net.

That seems to happen way too often. The Caps are a good team too, the result was disappointing but not a surprise.

Regards,
                Dennis

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X