2010-11 NBA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Ibis View Post
    I'm thinking the "Eric Spoelstra is resigning to spend more time with his family" watch has started.
    Which isn't fair to him. He did a great job with nothing last season, now he has 3 'superstars' and that's it. Well, Udonis Haslem has played well in the losses. I stayed up until 4 in the morning here in Russia (usually i just watch the game on demand after I wake up) and it was well worth it. This makes up for being a Celtics fan in the 90s after having a great run as a kid watching Bird and McHale and Parish and DJ.
    Кто там?
    Это я - Почтальон Печкин!
    Tunis is a Carthigenian city!

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker 19K30 View Post
      Which isn't fair to him.
      It wasn't fair to Van Gundy either. But the team is already questioning some of Spo's moves. http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...g-spos-lineups. Will Spo be able to handle it? I don't know. But I'm guessing he's got about another 5-10 games to prove he can. Othewise, I'm thinking Riley might be back.

Comment

Yeah SVG got royally screwed. I can't belive LBJ said last night that playing 44 minutes (against the team you are supposed to be toppling) was just too much.. Has he looked at the bench he has then looked at the C's bench? Who was going to play? Maybe if he didn't ask for max money (a sign of sacrificing something to win) the Heat could afford a bench...
        Кто там?

Comment

Yeah SVG got royally screwed. I can't belive LBJ said last night that playing 44 minutes (against the team you are supposed to be toppling) was just too much.. Has he looked at the bench he has then looked at the C's bench? Who was going to play? Maybe if he didn't ask for max money (a sign of sacrificing something to win) the Heat could afford a bench...
          IIRC, LBJ didn't take max money (neither did Wade or Bosh). I thought the story was they left a little on the table so they could sign Miller and resign UD.

Comment

Kevin Love 30-30!
            31 points, 31 rebounds
            First time since Moses Malone in 1982.
            Wow!

Comment

Greg Oden out for the season again

Trail Blazers center Greg Oden, the former No. 1 draft pick whose short career has been marred by injuries, will have microfracture surgery on his left knee and will not play this season.

Oden hasn't played since last December because he needed surgery to repair a fractured left patella. The Blazers say this operation, announced Wednesday night and scheduled for Friday in Vail, Colo., will repair damaged cartilage and is unrelated to the patella injury.
              http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...html?eref=sihp

Poor guy. And poor Blazers - its like Sam Bowie all over again. Although ESPN doesn't think thats fair to Bowie:

Fact: Bowie wasn't Michael Jordan. Also fact: Bowie wasn't terrible, and unlike Oden, he actually played fairly regularly despite his health issues. Indeed, Bowie averaged 51 games a season over a 10-year NBA career -- far better than Oden's current pace of 3.7 games per season.
              http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/index?id=5821188

Comment

I've noticed ESPN's lame 'Heat Index' website quietly removed their "chase for 72" countdown.
                Кто там?

Comment

I've noticed ESPN's lame 'Heat Index' website quietly removed their "chase for 72" countdown.
                  Its things like that list that are the reasons I avoid all things ESPN as much as possible.

Its only November, but so far, not so good.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ibis View Post
                    Its things like that list that are the reasons I avoid all things ESPN as much as possible.

Its only November, but so far, not so good.
                    I avoid ESPN as much as possible too, I stick to the blogs. Only reason I knew about it was because of the Celtics Blog I read religiously (Red's Army). Ball Don't Lie is also really worth reading
                    Кто там?

Comment

The downward spiral continues.
                      Кто там?

Comment

ABC... anybody but the Celtics!! Personally, I'd like to see Orlando take the Eastern Conference, but I fear the Celtics... damn they are a good team.

Comment

Unsolicited advice to LeBron:
                          If you're going to compare your team to The Beatles, you should be able to identify John Lennon.

LeBron James Proclaims Team 'The Heatles', Can't ID John Lennon

Comment

Originally posted by Centurion40 View Post
                            ABC... anybody but the Celtics!! Personally, I'd like to see Orlando take the Eastern Conference, but I fear the Celtics... damn they are a good team.
                            Yeah baby! Go Celtics! They are really playing as a team.

My avatar: Center of the Cross of the Légion d'honneur (Legion of Honour) of the First French Empire (Napoleonic Era), 3rd type (awarded between 1806-1808). My Légion d'honneur. :-)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X