No announcement yet.

College Football 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, very solid post BigDog. Don't get me wrong, I like Richt. I like FSU - as much as Ibis will hate to hear that FSU is the school I cheer for from Florida. I also hope he doesn't lose his job as the "what have you done lately" atmosphere in major college sports is very unrealistic. Loyalty is hard to come bye and when rewarded can be good thing from both sides. I'll take Georgia any day over Florida!
    "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
    -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

• I'm so damn happy that at least the Dawgs (Washington Huskies) beat USC once again for the 2nd year in a row. I can't stand "Lame" Kiffin. He's a dirtbag. total chickenshit what he did to Tennessee. I can't see him winning too many people over in USC let alone the Pac 10

football is also played in Japan as this video shown below. It's beginning to make a more popular presence to the Japanese every season as baseball is dominant sport in popularity..Maybe that might change. The teams shown here are the Kajima Deers and the Kansai Kaisers.

Last edited by Terri_Tsu; 08 Oct 10, 22:32.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terri_Tsu View Post
        I'm so damn happy that at least the Dawgs (Washington Huskies) beat USC once again for the 2nd year in a row. I can't stand "Lame" Kiffin. He's a dirtbag. total chickenshit what he did to Tennessee. I can't see him winning too many people over in USC let alone the Pac 10

football is also played in Japan as this video shown below. It's beginning to make a more popular presence to the Japanese every season as baseball is dominant sport in popularity..Maybe that might change. The teams shown here are the Kajima Deers and the Kansai Kaisers.

Would that be on the level of college ball or are those guys pros?
        Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
          It kind of reminded me of the Charlie Ward Fastbreak offense at FSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
            They're Semi-Pro. But they have adopted the very same rules of the NCAA. The JXL or just X-League known in Japan. They have West, Central, and East divisions

Comment

• Holy !! Bama is in trouble!! Currently down 21-3
              If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

• Originally posted by Legate View Post
                Holy !! Bama is in trouble!! Currently down 21-3
                And Bama went down in flames, 35 to 21. While S.C.had a very strange safety, (wild snap and Garcia threw the ball out the back of his end zone from his own 3 yard line), an interception, and a muffed kick; they really played a flawless game. They really wanted this win and it showed. Other than those 3 mentioned miscues, S. C. really had no other mistakes. On the other side of the ball 'Bama looked a bit flat and never seemed to get things going. While they did have some decent drives they just never truly seemed to be able to play well consistently.

This has also suddenly made things very interesting in the SEC overall. Florida and S.C are currently tied in the East and LSU and Auburn are on top of the West, but that will probably change with tonight's games.

Comment

• Congrats to the Ole' Ball Coach! I do like cheering for the underdogs and it was nice to see #1 go down.

A question for you guys and gals from different parts of the country - what "trophies" do your schools play for in rivaly games? The Badgers won Paul Bunyon's axe again from the Gophers and that is always a sweet victory! Do your teams have any thing like that?
                  "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
                  -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

• And then depression set in....

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitter3 View Post
                      A question for you guys and gals from different parts of the country - what "trophies" do your schools play for in rivaly games? The Badgers won Paul Bunyon's axe again from the Gophers and that is always a sweet victory! Do your teams have any thing like that?
                      Those do not seem to be common here in the deep South, instead the rivalries get named.

Georgia vs Auburn "Deep South's Oldest Rivalry" played since 1892. UGA's second game, Auburn's first. UGA, Auburn, and GA. Tech played a 3 game tournament in Atalanta. The GA. Tech lettermen were cheering for Auburn in the stands. This is where "Yellow Jackets" as a nickname comes from for GA. Tech.

Georgia vs Georgia Tech "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" played since 1893, it has has some nastiness over the years and the Wiki article under the name is a good read.

Georgia vs Florida "The World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party" played since 1915. We are no longer supposed to refer to it as such since it promotes drinking and since 2009 the winner has been given a boat paddle called the "Okefenokee Oar". This sounds like some carpetbagger's brilliant strategy, as I doubt it will work. People in the south have long memories, especially about traditions.

Tennessee and S. Carolina have become rivalry games since the SEC went to 12 teams in 92. S. Carolina was already somewhat of a rival but with the division implications and Spurrier (aka Mr. Florida) coaching there it has heated up a notch. These don't have names yet but I suspect that is just a matter of time.

The only schools I know of in the South that have something like what you are asking about are: Ole Miss vs Mississippi State with the "Golden Egg" given out since 1927 at the "Egg Bowl" and Arkansas vs LSU with the "Golden Boot" an 175 lb. trophy in the shape of the two states.

There are two high schools in Columbus, Georgia that play over a jug but that is the only one I can think of at that level. Down here the bragging rights are much more important it seems than trophies. Although while checking some stuff on Wiki while making this post I did see some new trophies like the "Okefenokee Oar", most of which seemed to have been started in the last few years.

Comment

• I have a question for our Big 10 fans on here. What do you guys think about the addition of Nebraska and the expansion of the Big 10 to 12 teams and the addition of a Championship game?

Comment

• Originally posted by BigDog View Post
                          I have a question for our Big 10 fans on here. What do you guys think about the addition of Nebraska and the expansion of the Big 10 to 12 teams and the addition of a Championship game?
                          I like the addition of Nebraska but no so sure about a conference championship game. They tend to make the regular season somewhat meaningless. But since the Big 10 is going that route, they should add West Virginia and Missouri and go super-conference and be the Big 14.

Comment

• And the possibility of TCU getting into the National Championship is getting closer....
                            Taylor to Santa Anna: "Tell him to go to hell."
                            As translated by Major Bliss: "In reply to your note of this date, summoning me to surrender my forces at discretion, I beg leave to say that I decline acceding to your request."

Comment

• Michigan, 'Bama, 'Canes and Trojans all lost this weekend. Who's next?
                              All warfare is based on deception.
                              Sun Tzu - Art of war - Chapter One - Laying Plans

Comment

• Originally posted by Cap. Teancum View Post
                                Michigan, 'Bama, 'Canes and Trojans all lost this weekend. Who's next?
                                Hopefully not the Buckeyes.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X