Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 2010

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Watched Air Force snap a 7 game losing streak against Navy. Great game!

    TCU blanked Colorado State, but Army stumbled against Temple. Great day so far, and there are still some great games to come.
    Taylor to Santa Anna: "Tell him to go to hell."
    As translated by Major Bliss: "In reply to your note of this date, summoning me to surrender my forces at discretion, I beg leave to say that I decline acceding to your request."

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Phil Kost View Post
      Watched Air Force snap a 7 game losing streak against Navy. Great game!

      TCU blanked Colorado State, but Army stumbled against Temple. Great day so far, and there are still some great games to come.
      I'm underwhelmed by Miami's performance. Sure, a win on the road is nice and Harris had 4 tds. But the guy was 13-33!!! With two more picks in spots where the Canes would have gotten points and blown the game wide open. Of course, we say that just about every week.

      On top of it, the guys calling the Miami game on the radio are saying that this is Shannon's signature road win. I know Clemson used to be a very tough place to go and play 25 years ago. But now? Not so much. To me, a signature road win would have been if they had been Ohio State or some top 10 team. Clemson wasn't even in the top 25.

      But a win is a win. And now its FSU week.
      Last edited by The Ibis; 02 Oct 10, 19:46.

      Comment


      • Texas is going to be at least a 3 loss team this year. My buddy's are already calling it a "rebuilding year"...hey...it helps them sleep at night.
        Taylor to Santa Anna: "Tell him to go to hell."
        As translated by Major Bliss: "In reply to your note of this date, summoning me to surrender my forces at discretion, I beg leave to say that I decline acceding to your request."

        Comment


        • Should they just give the Heisman to Denard Robinson now? Another 494 all-purpose yards today. Wow. Just wow.

          Comment


          • Buckeyes dodged a major bullet Saturday. Played like crap and still beat Illinois 24-13. And Pryor went down with an injury. Luckily it wasn't serious and he came back to lead them to 10 more points.
            Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

            Comment


            • Pitt wins against Florida International (yay) and looks terrible! It's going to be a long year, but a win against the Irish will go a long way to ease the pain!

              On the bright side, THE ROCK! improves to 3-1 with a win over Clarion!

              Regards,
              Dennis
              If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

              Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

              Comment


              • Nothing good to report from the Badger camp. My hat off to Michigan State who just wanted it more. They seemed more into the game and pushed us around the first whistle. If there is a silver lining to losing, it is that they better be focused now in practice this week.
                "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
                -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

                Comment


                • Originally posted by D1J1 View Post
                  Pitt wins against Florida International (yay) and looks terrible! It's going to be a long year, but a win against the Irish will go a long way to ease the pain!

                  On the bright side, THE ROCK! improves to 3-1 with a win over Clarion!

                  Regards,
                  Dennis
                  D1J1 - "The Rock" was a Cane.



                  Comment


                  • It could be worse Twitter3, the beloved Bulldogs lost to Colorado yesterday. So far Georgia is 1-4 with its sole win over Louisiana-Lafayette. I am beginning to think Georgia will not even win a conference game this year.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by BigDog View Post
                      It could be worse Twitter3, the beloved Bulldogs lost to Colorado yesterday. So far Georgia is 1-4 with its sole win over Louisiana-Lafayette. I am beginning to think Georgia will not even win a conference game this year.
                      I know you are right and I can most certainly feel your pain. I like Richt and it seems (at least from the outside) he has been on cruise control in terms of recruiting and discipline. Speaking as a college coach myself, recruiting is 24/7 - the only days I don't recruit are Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter. Sometimes a year like this is just what is needed to awaken that fire he has in him and bring him back 10 fold...
                      "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
                      -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by The Ibis View Post
                        Should they just give the Heisman to Denard Robinson now? Another 494 all-purpose yards today. Wow. Just wow.
                        That kid is just fantastic. If he had a defense to help the team could become a serious contender. As for numbers, his are just incredible. First player ever to have +200 yards passing and +200 yards rushing in 2 regular season games.
                        Right now if I was voting for the Heisman he would get my vote.
                        All warfare is based on deception.
                        Sun Tzu - Art of war - Chapter One - Laying Plans


                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by BigDog View Post
                          They did look bad last night.
                          The week before wasn't any better...
                          With this kind of record and going independent next season will be hard to see some decent recruiting.
                          All warfare is based on deception.
                          Sun Tzu - Art of war - Chapter One - Laying Plans


                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by The Ibis View Post
                            D1J1 - "The Rock" was a Cane.



                            No, he's a johnny-come-lately.



                            Slippery Rock also has a fantastic brewpub. The wife and I went there a couple of times this summer. Great beer and great food!http://www.northcountrybrewing.com/brews2.htm
                            Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Twitter3 View Post
                              I know you are right and I can most certainly feel your pain. I like Richt and it seems (at least from the outside) he has been on cruise control in terms of recruiting and discipline. Speaking as a college coach myself, recruiting is 24/7 - the only days I don't recruit are Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter. Sometimes a year like this is just what is needed to awaken that fire he has in him and bring him back 10 fold...
                              I don't think Richt is on cruise control in those terms. Georgia is in a very tough area for recruiting, being located in the northern part of Georgia. This are is recruited by Georgia, Georgia Tech, Tennessee, South Carolina, Clemson, Auburn, and Alabama. The southern part of Georgia is recruited pretty hard by Florida and FSU as well. Last year South Carolina had more players from the state of Georgia than Georgia did! While you do not hear about it on the national level there is some very good high school football played in Georgia. As a matter of fact the football team with the most wins at any level is a high school team from south Georgia, Valdosta High School. Mark Richt seems to have been doing a very good job of getting out of state talent to come in. Moreno was from New Jersey and Stafford was from Texas.

                              As far as the discipline problems I do not think that is all that bad either. The AJ Green suspension got a lot of press and was non-sense. Green sold HIS bowl game jersey on E-bay. The NCAA claims the person he sold it to is someone that has contact with a sports agent. That is really stretching things to me. As far as I am concerned that jersey was Green's personal property and he should be able to dispose of it as he wishes. Of course the NCAA has to maintain the fiction that college athletics is all about the fun of the game and not a multi-billion dollar industry. There have been some other more minor discipline problems such as a recent DUI and expulsion from the team by a freshman that did not travel for an away game. Again these are small potatoes compared to some of the other stuff that goes on down this way. Florida is getting to the point that about half their team should be on work release papers to even play.

                              The biggest problems I see are at the assistant positions and some of them will be tough to fix. Play calling is being done by Mike Bobo and since he was a 4 year starting quarterback at UGA I don't see him getting canned even if Richt goes. The defensive coach is new this year but has yet to show any improvement. This is where I think most of the problems are at anyway. Richt is an offensive guy and I think he needs a strong D coach to handle things on that side of the ball.

                              I am worried by all these calls for Richts job, because they are based on unrealistic in my mind expectations based on his performance at Georgia. I just do not see Georgia as being able to be a top 5 team Nationally every year. I think Alabama may bee able to pull that off, but for any other team in the SEC I think things are just too competitive for it to happen. I also can remember what Georgia was like pre-Richt and I hope we can avoid firing him to go back to being a 50% team.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by BigDog View Post
                                I don't think Richt is on cruise control in those terms. Georgia is in a very tough area for recruiting, being located in the northern part of Georgia. This are is recruited by Georgia, Georgia Tech, Tennessee, South Carolina, Clemson, Auburn, and Alabama. The southern part of Georgia is recruited pretty hard by Florida and FSU as well. Last year South Carolina had more players from the state of Georgia than Georgia did! While you do not hear about it on the national level there is some very good high school football played in Georgia. As a matter of fact the football team with the most wins at any level is a high school team from south Georgia, Valdosta High School. Mark Richt seems to have been doing a very good job of getting out of state talent to come in. Moreno was from New Jersey and Stafford was from Texas.

                                As far as the discipline problems I do not think that is all that bad either. The AJ Green suspension got a lot of press and was non-sense. Green sold HIS bowl game jersey on E-bay. The NCAA claims the person he sold it to is someone that has contact with a sports agent. That is really stretching things to me. As far as I am concerned that jersey was Green's personal property and he should be able to dispose of it as he wishes. Of course the NCAA has to maintain the fiction that college athletics is all about the fun of the game and not a multi-billion dollar industry. There have been some other more minor discipline problems such as a recent DUI and expulsion from the team by a freshman that did not travel for an away game. Again these are small potatoes compared to some of the other stuff that goes on down this way. Florida is getting to the point that about half their team should be on work release papers to even play.

                                The biggest problems I see are at the assistant positions and some of them will be tough to fix. Play calling is being done by Mike Bobo and since he was a 4 year starting quarterback at UGA I don't see him getting canned even if Richt goes. The defensive coach is new this year but has yet to show any improvement. This is where I think most of the problems are at anyway. Richt is an offensive guy and I think he needs a strong D coach to handle things on that side of the ball.

                                I am worried by all these calls for Richts job, because they are based on unrealistic in my mind expectations based on his performance at Georgia. I just do not see Georgia as being able to be a top 5 team Nationally every year. I think Alabama may bee able to pull that off, but for any other team in the SEC I think things are just too competitive for it to happen. I also can remember what Georgia was like pre-Richt and I hope we can avoid firing him to go back to being a 50% team.
                                Solid post BigDog. While ordinarily I wouldn't sympathize too much with a former FSU assistant, Richt was a Hurricane.



                                So I hope he keeps his job.

                                As for the highlighted portion, yes its true. They play very good football in Georgia. Except when there teams come down here:


                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X