• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dgfred View Post
    Ouch ... Pitt stinks.
    I'll take the win. Go Canes!

Comment

When your QB has time, he sure throws a 'pretty' pass .
      SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

When your QB has time, he sure throws a 'pretty' pass .
        If by pretty you mean "with lots of loft and not much zip behind it" I'd agree.

Actually, Harris's arm strength is a pretty hot topic down here these days. In my view, he kind of has a noodle arm. Its strong enough to get the ball down the field, but not on a straight line. You can be successful with that sort of arm - Gino Torretta won a Heisman and a national championship with it. But you can run into problems with it too (Torretta in the Sugar Bowl against Bama the next year comes to mind).

Comment

TCU vs. SMU tonight on ESPN. Will probably be one sided, but these two teams have so much history between them, it will be fun to watch.
          Taylor to Santa Anna: "Tell him to go to hell."
          As translated by Major Bliss: "In reply to your note of this date, summoning me to surrender my forces at discretion, I beg leave to say that I decline acceding to your request."

Comment

Originally posted by The Ibis View Post
            If by pretty you mean "with lots of loft and not much zip behind it" I'd agree.

Actually, Harris's arm strength is a pretty hot topic down here these days. In my view, he kind of has a noodle arm. Its strong enough to get the ball down the field, but not on a straight line. You can be successful with that sort of arm - Gino Torretta won a Heisman and a national championship with it. But you can run into problems with it too (Torretta in the Sugar Bowl against Bama the next year comes to mind).
            I meant 'pretty' in flight.

With good protection he is deadly accurate IMO. Good on timing-routes.
            SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

I meant 'pretty' in flight.

With good protection he is deadly accurate IMO. Good on timing-routes.
              Well you usually get plenty of time to watch it in the air.

He is accurate -- at times. He actually gets better with pressure. They mentioned a stat last night that Harris's completion percentage is around 30 points higher in situations where the opposition blitzes him.

Comment

Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
                Contrast that with Florida's schedule. The only time they leave the state is for SEC games. And Alabama, while they did play and beat Penn State, also has a team on its schedule that is playing its first year of college football. That's some serious light scheduling.
                Florida's non-conference scheduling tends to be a joke. Hey Ibis when was the last time they played yall?

Alabama is playing Georgia State at the request of Georgia State's head coach who is a former head coach at Alabama.

The SEC all ways gets slammed for playing cup cakes so I am going to post the non-conference games by teams with BCS conference opponents.

Alabama: Penn State, Duke

Arkansas: Texas A7M

Auburn: Clemson

Florida: South Florida, Florida State, wrong Miami team

Georgia: Colorado, Georgia Tech

Kentucky: Louisville

LSU: North Carolina, West Virginia

Ole Miss: Their best are against a WAC and C-USA opponent, they look pretty rough right now anyway.

Mississippi State: 2 C-USA opponents, again this is MSU anyway.

S. Carolina: Clemson, Troy, note to people not familiar with Troy, they schedule these opponents not the other way around. Just thought I would add that as I have seen schools given grief over playing Troy and not just SEC schools. Oh and Troy is not in a BCS conference.

Vandy: Northwestern, Connecticut, Wake Forest

Overall I would say that is some decent non-conference scheduling, most of the teams have 2 games with BCS conference opponents other than Kentucky (basketball school) Auburn and Arkansas, that have 1 and the Mississippi schools that tend to not be that hot anyway. As has been stated it just cost a team too much to risk a loss even to a good team to risk it. Although that seems to be changing as there are more good non-conference games this year than any I can remember in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Kost View Post
                  TCU vs. SMU tonight on ESPN. Will probably be one sided, but these two teams have so much history between them, it will be fun to watch.
                  At the end was one sided but SMU did shock TCU in the first half. Still I think TCU should, as Boise State, be in stronger conferences to be ranked that high.
                  It's sad that Utah is going to the Pac10, if they would stay and if Mountain West would still bring in Boise State, Fresno State and Nevada, that Conference would be taken a lot more serious. Still bringing in this 3 programs from WAC will make MWC a lot better. Hope BYU doesn't go independent.
                  Only 216 minutes for the first game of the day. Bring it on.
                  All warfare is based on deception.
                  Sun Tzu - Art of war - Chapter One - Laying Plans

Comment

Originally posted by The Ibis View Post
                    Well you usually get plenty of time to watch it in the air.

He is accurate -- at times. He actually gets better with pressure. They mentioned a stat last night that Harris's completion percentage is around 30 points higher in situations where the opposition blitzes him.
                    He had a play with a pass, that would later be taken into a TD, over the sholder of the WR that was just incredible and not to long after he had a pathetic INT when he went for the endzone but in the middle. Like I said before, if he lowers his INTs numbers he'll be one of the most interesting QBs out there.
                    Arkansas, TCU, Michigan, Iowa, Ohio St and Boise State's QBs are top of my list right now. Penn State's still a true freshman, I'll need to watch him a few more times before I'm buying him.

Comment

My team is the Washington Huskies. Jake Locker just didn't have his A-Game against Nebraska..but then again they're a much better team than Washington..no surprise they handed the Huskies asses right back to them. They had a bye-week this week and will play USC next weekend..they beat them last year though in an upset..but i'm not getting my hopes up..Washington will be lucky to finish with a .500 record.

Comment

I too don't expect nothing from the Washington teams. I do wounder how things would have been diferent if the Huskies had beat BYU in that stupid game that a penalty for celebrating cost them the game. Starting the season with that big of a win would probably giv ethem a boost of confidence and thibgs could have been different. That been said, this team is still far from the top teams in the conference and they'll be struggling to be bowl ellegible.

Comment

Originally posted by Cap. Teancum View Post
                          I too don't expect nothing from the Washington teams. I do wounder how things would have been diferent if the Huskies had beat BYU in that stupid game that a penalty for celebrating cost them the game. Starting the season with that big of a win would probably giv ethem a boost of confidence and thibgs could have been different. That been said, this team is still far from the top teams in the conference and they'll be struggling to be bowl ellegible.
                          yeah and the last time they were like that was when Don James was around..

Comment

Scary!

Comment

Buckeyes racked up 73 on E. Michigan. Not classy IMHO. A throwback pass to Pryor for a TD when the score was already 45-20. Not something Coach Tressel usually does. Of course the last 21 points were scored by the 2nd and 3rd teams, so I have no problem with that. Still though, why show the throwback pass against a team that has no chance to beat you? They should've saved that for Wisconsin in a few weeks.

Next up is Illinois and the Buckeyes just might throw up 60 or so on them as well. After that, Indiana. Another blowout if OSU plays how they're capable of playing. Then Wisconsin at Wisconsin. Camp Randall has been the scene of many a horror show for the Buckeyes, so that will be a true test.

O - H -
                              Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDog View Post
                                Florida's non-conference scheduling tends to be a joke. Hey Ibis when was the last time they played yall?
                                They actually beat us pretty badly a few years ago. I guess it was revenge for the 10 or so previous meetings. They dropped us about 20 years ago saying the SEC schedule was rough enough. Penn State dropped us about the same time. Bobby Bowden really took both schools to task for doing so.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X