No announcement yet.

College Football 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't get to see too many games as I had some team stuff on Saturday afternoon. I did manage to watch Vandy beat Ole Miss. Win or lose, I do like Ole Miss (the school) and it was not all that bad because I do like Vandy (in terms of working hard even though in most games they are overmatched).

I did see the highlights of Stanford - they are definitely in the mix this year. Keep up the good recruiting and they could contend for titles in the Pac-10 for a few years.

Oh, so you guys don't think I am a fair whether fan - I will say that UW is VERY lucky to win and better thank their lucky stars and work in practice this week.
    "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
    -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

Get better quick Coach Dantonio.

MSU's Dantonio suffers heart attack

Michigan State coach Mark Dantonio had a mild heart attack and was hospitalized Sunday morning, shortly after calling an audacious fake field goal to beat Notre Dame in overtime.

The 54-year-old Dantonio had surgery to put a stent in a blocked blood vessel leading to the heart. He's expected to remain in the hospital a few more days, and offensive coordinator Don Treadwell will lead the team during Dantonio's indefinite absence.

"This morning, in the very early hours, not long after the football game, coach Dantonio began experiencing some symptoms," said Dr. Chris D'Haem, who performed the relatively common procedure to restore blood flow. "Fortunately, his heart damage is very minimal. He's going to do very well and we're very optimistic he'll have a full recovery."

Comment

What a dramatic end to the Sun Devils game. I told you guys this game would be interesting. An extra point kick miss, that's what separated the 2 teams.
        Looking forward for a few of next week games:
        Alabama @ Arkansas tops the list. Time to see how good is the Arkansas team.
        Nevada @ BYU, just because my brother went to BYU and Nevada's perfect record might help the team get an extra motivation to take down the Cougars.
        Kentucky @ Florida, all the Gators games are fun to watch, you got to love the way they've been snapping the ball.
        South Carolina @ Auburn, one of the teams will loose the perfect record. Tigers played a very phisical game against Clemson, are they ready for round 2?
        Oregon State @ Boise State, allthough the game is being played in Strunfville, this might be the hardest game left on Boise State schedule.
        West Virginia @ LSU, this should be a very entertaining match to watch.
        Oregon @ Arizona State, last but for sure not least, this is the game that the Ducks loose the perfect record. Sun Devils will bounce back and will roast some Ducks.
        All warfare is based on deception.
        Sun Tzu - Art of war - Chapter One - Laying Plans

Comment

Originally posted by Cap. Teancum View Post
          What a dramatic end to the Sun Devils game. I told you guys this game would be interesting. An extra point kick miss, that's what separated the 2 teams.
          Nevada @ BYU, just because my brother went to BYU and Nevada's perfect record might help the team get an extra motivation to take down the Cougars.
          Kentucky @ Florida, all the Gators games are fun to watch, you got to love the way they've been snapping the ball.
          South Carolina @ Auburn, one of the teams will loose the perfect record. Tigers played a very phisical game against Clemson, are they ready for round 2?
          Oregon State @ Boise State, allthough the game is being played in Strunfville, this might be the hardest game left on Boise State schedule.
          Oregon @ Arizona State, last but for sure not least, this is the game that the Ducks loose the perfect record. Sun Devils will bounce back and will roast some Ducks.
          Canes play at Pitt this week.

Comment

Yes, tons of good games coming up. This past week was light on quality match ups and of the ones you listed I am most anxious to see how Arkansas matches up and if Boise St. can deliver in their probably last serious test of the regular season.
            "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."

Comment

Saturday is only 3 days away now.
              Canes play on Thursday but I'll watch it on Friday As Live.
              Last edited by Cap. Teancum; 22 Sep 10, 13:15.

Comment

Saturday is only 3 days away now.
                Canes play on Thursday but I'll watch it on Friday As Live.
                We won't let the cat out of bag - maybe safe though to wait until you watch the game to check this thread.

Comment

I'm planing not to come here or anywhere sport related before the game is played.
                  Later on, when games count a lot more I'll be watching them live at some very crazy times, all night long... for now as live will do the trick.

Comment

Buckeyes have got a toughie this weekend in Eastern Michigan. If it isn't 42-0 at halftime, then the Buckeyes are sleep walking through the game. It should be a laugher from the first play.

I really don't like when OSU plays these creampuffs. I'd much rather see them play some better out of confernce teams.
                    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
                      Buckeyes have got a toughie this weekend in Eastern Michigan. If it isn't 42-0 at halftime, then the Buckeyes are sleep walking through the game. It should be a laugher from the first play.

I really don't like when OSU plays these creampuffs. I'd much rather see them play some better out of confernce teams.
                      But they have a good reason - they're penalized if they play tough out-of-conference games and lose. Why run the risk? But, to their credit, OSU usually does schedule an out-of conference game against a good team every year. Not everyone does.

Comment

Miami/Pitt tonight should be a good one.
                        SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Originally posted by The Ibis View Post
                          But they have a good reason - they're penalized if they play tough out-of-conference games and lose. Why run the risk? But, to their credit, OSU usually does schedule an out-of conference game against a good team every year. Not everyone does.
                          Agreed. It is that catch 22 - you need 6 wins vs. the big boys (7 if you play a FSC team) so most big conferences schedule light to ensure they are bowl eligible. The one conference it seems to me that schedules pretty weak non-conference games (in general) is the SEC. I know they play a brutal conference schedule. The ACC tend to schedule at least one big non-conference game for most teams and for that they get my respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitter3 View Post
                            Agreed. It is that catch 22 - you need 6 wins vs. the big boys (7 if you play a FSC team) so most big conferences schedule light to ensure they are bowl eligible. The one conference it seems to me that schedules pretty weak non-conference games (in general) is the SEC. I know they play a brutal conference schedule. The ACC tend to schedule at least one big non-conference game for most teams and for that they get my respect.
                            You're right, the ACC probably does the best job in scheduling out of conference. Miami, for example, in 2 of it's first 3 games, had OSU and Pitt on the road. Both were ranked and both, obviously, are not in Florida. Georgia Tech went to Kansas and Virginia Tech played Boise State. And let's not forget Virginia played USC. There are others, but those are the ones that stick out.

The Big 10 doesn't do bad either with Michigan and Michigan St. playing Notre Dame, Minnesota vs. USC, Ohio State against Miami, Illinois plays Missouri every year, Iowa went to Arizona and Wisconsin hosted Arizona St. To name just a few.

Contrast that with Florida's schedule. The only time they leave the state is for SEC games. And Alabama, while they did play and beat Penn State, also has a team on its schedule that is playing its first year of college football. That's some serious light scheduling.
                            Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Pitt offense was just pathetic! Canes looked ok and if Harris gets his INTs down he might be a even higher rated QB.

Comment

Ouch ... Pitt stinks.
                                SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X