X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cincy at NC State .
    SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Arizona State at Wiscosin should be an interesting game to watch.
      All warfare is based on deception.
      Sun Tzu - Art of war - Chapter One - Laying Plans

Comment

Originally posted by Cap. Teancum View Post
        Arizona State at Wiscosin should be an interesting game to watch.
        I suspect Bucky Badger wants to get a bit of revenge on Dennis Erickson for allowing the Canes to put 51 on Wisconsin back in 89!

Comment

Originally posted by dgfred View Post
          Cincy at NC State .
          Nice game Wolfpack!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Ibis View Post
            I suspect Bucky Badger wants to get a bit of revenge on Dennis Erickson for allowing the Canes to put 51 on Wisconsin back in 89!
            Ah, we are getting old Ibis. No players associated with the team were probably born back then.

Did you like Erickson taking over for J.J. back then? From what I saw on the 30 for 30 show on the Canes it was a complete 180 from the previous staff.
            "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
            -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

Originally posted by dgfred View Post
              Nice game Wolfpack!!!
              Yes. Very nice game played. I do like your coach - liked at BC. I value his holding his team to high standards.
              "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."

Comment

Any Georgia Fans here?

Saw an Arky fan... What do you think GA or ARK?
                "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
                John Adams, 1770

Comment

Originally posted by The Ibis View Post
                  It's cool when people quote historic games. Being new to college football, this references to old games make me look for them and I learn more about the game.
                  Today I'm going back to '89. I was only 14 and american football wasn't a part of my world.
                  All warfare is based on deception.
                  Sun Tzu - Art of war - Chapter One - Laying Plans

Comment

Originally posted by Cap. Teancum View Post
                    It's cool when people quote historic games. Being new to college football, this references to old games make me look for them and I learn more about the game.
                    Today I'm going back to '89. I was only 14 and american football wasn't a part of my world.
                    Well, back then we were NOT good so you don't have to look at Wisconsin. Miami, FSU, Oklahoma, Notre Dame were some of the top teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitter3 View Post
                      Ah, we are getting old Ibis. No players associated with the team were probably born back then.

Did you like Erickson taking over for J.J. back then? From what I saw on the 30 for 30 show on the Canes it was a complete 180 from the previous staff.
                      I'll say this - I didn't really know what to think of the guy when he got the job, other than he turned around Washington State. But in the pre-internet era, we didn't have that much info about people. Going off first impressions, though, it was hard not to like Dennis at first. The guy played for 3 national championships in his first 4 years, winning 2 of them. Plus the Cotton Bowl destruction of Texas in the other year. I wasn't a huge fan of the 4 and 5-wideout system he used, but obviously it worked - with Jimmy's recruits. By the time Dennis's recruits came to prominance, it was obvious he didn't do as good a job in that department as Jimmy did.

As for the complete 180 you refer to - yes, there was a change. It might have been for the better in terms of winning though. Jimmy's teams underperformed in Bowl games. We all remember the debacle against Penn State. We forget the Canes could have won the national championship the year before, but got hammered by Tennessee in the Sugar Bowl. Maybe by letting go the tight control, Dennis made the team better. Doing so came back to bite him though - first because it made Miami into a bigger target for the press and NCAA, and second, when the talent level dropped a bit, more discipline was probably needed.

Comment

TCU laid the smack down on Baylor today, next week it is SMU's turn and then it is conference play.
                        Taylor to Santa Anna: "Tell him to go to hell."
                        As translated by Major Bliss: "In reply to your note of this date, summoning me to surrender my forces at discretion, I beg leave to say that I decline acceding to your request."

Comment

Way to go Sparty!

Comment

That was an awesome play and when you think about it probably not all that risky of a call. At that point everyone is expecting the chip shot field goal and moving on to round 2 in overtime, not the fake kick.

Is anybody else paying any attention to Stanford? They shut out UCLA last week, and while yes I know it is Wake Forest, they rolled over them like Alabama did to Duke. Wake and Duke went pretty even so it can give a possible common measuring stick.

While the writers on ESPN are loving all over Texas's defense after their victory over Texas Tech, I was not impressed at all. TT fumbled the first snap setting up a quick Texas score and had a hard time regaining momentum. Texas on the other hand threw a few interceptions and generally did not look that good at all to me.

It is going to be a long season for my favorite team, Georgia. The offense looked OK outside of some of the play calling against Arkansas considering the top receiver and running back were out. The freshman QB also looks to be much better than the disappointment that Joe Cox turned out to be last year. The defense is an entirely different story. Despite replacement of the D. Coordinator, the defense is still just going through the motions. They only played with heart on the one series they stopped Arkansas late. Trotting around the field and not playing at 100% is not going to cut it at all in the SEC. I figure this defense will probably cost Georgia 2 more losses in conference play.

Comment

Heeeeeeey, Wake was 2-0 .

Stanford stomped their butts!

Comment

Clemson at Auburn was a great game ... if you didn't really care which team won.

Was a hard-hitting game. Clemson QB was woosy almost the whole second half after getting a helmet to the back... and a big lineman from both teams got their legs snapped in two .

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X