No announcement yet.

College Football 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know, I know Youngstown State is not Ohio State but the kid got better as the game progressed. Next week is Alabama away. Bolden is a work in progress but the kid's got ability. Don't count Penn State out just yet.
    God Save The Republic.

Comment

Originally posted by 2nd Rangers View Post

I know, I know Youngstown State is not Ohio State but the kid got better as the game progressed. Next week is Alabama away. Bolden is a work in progress but the kid's got ability. Don't count Penn State out just yet.
      I miss the Miami-Penn State rivalry.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ibis View Post
        I miss the Miami-Penn State rivalry.
        I'm not a PSU fan, but the whuppin' they put on the "U" when they were the supposed bad-boys of college ball was too cool! In a national championship game to boot!

Hard dudes in cammo beat up by the Joe Pa's clean cut boys! What was especially apparent was the severe case of alligator arms the Miami receivers developed after being introduced to contact ala PSU!

The 'Canes are however my favorite Florida team! They are far more preferable than the 'noles or the Gators!
        If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Originally posted by D1J1 View Post
          I'm not a PSU fan, but the whuppin' they put on the "U" when they were the supposed bad-boys of college ball was too cool! In a national championship game to boot!

Hard dudes in cammo beat up by the Joe Pa's clean cut boys! What was especially apparent was the severe case of alligator arms the Miami receivers developed after being introduced to contact ala PSU!

The 'Canes are however my favorite Florida team! They are far more preferable than the 'noles or the Gators!
          "Whuppin?" 14-10, with Miami seemingly driving for the winning score is hardly a whuppin. JJ outcoached himself. He should have kept running the ball. Penn State couldn't stop Alonzo Highsmith. But JJ kept letting Testaverde throw the ball (5 picks), even after it was clear Penn State had Vinnie totally confused. If Miami stopped throwing and kept running, they win by 2 touchdowns.

Oh well. Coulda, woulda, shoulda, but, admittedly, DIDN'T.

Comment

Boise State. Wow. Great win.

BTW - I would hope both Kellen Moore and Tyrod Taylor have entered the Heisman race. Not that the award is meaningful anymore, but still ... both of these qbs were outstanding.

Moore 23/38 215 3tds
            Taylor 15/22 186 2tds plus 16 carries for 73 yards rushing.

Well done gentlemen.
            Last edited by The Ibis; 07 Sep 10, 00:07.

Comment

Yes, Boise St. looked solid - especially in the first quarter. They were too fast and too strong for VT (who was pretty inexperienced but grew up quickly).

Anybody see the Navy game? I enjoy watching their option offense. Hold on to the ball and Navy blows out Maryland.
              "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
              -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

Demon Deacons 1-0 ....... oh , it was Presbyterian College .

Nice flea-flicker play by PC though.
                SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Originally posted by The Ibis View Post
                  Cap., that was Pitt, not Penn State.

Another big game and another loss for Wanny. I think he's just praying Jay Fiedler might have some eligibility left.
                  Yep, my bad.
                  Thanks for alerting me to it.
                  From what I watched this weekend, the Gators were the most shocking under performance game so far. They couldn't even get the snap right. Scary! If they play like that against any decent team they'll suffer a lot. They had, what 11 or 16 offensive yards in the first half? !?!
                  All warfare is based on deception.
                  Sun Tzu - Art of war - Chapter One - Laying Plans

Comment

Originally posted by Cap. Teancum View Post
                    Yep, my bad.
                    Thanks for alerting me to it.
                    From what I watched this weekend, the Gators were the most shocking under performance game so far. They couldn't even get the snap right. Scary! If they play like that against any decent team they'll suffer a lot. They had, what 11 or 16 offensive yards in the first half? !?!
                    Oklahoma looked pretty pedestrian as well. Christian Ponder has a great chance to impress the Heisman voters this weekend as the Noles travel to Norman.

Comment

I didn't watch the Sooners. I'll be looking for Michigan game this week. I just love their QB. Impressive kid.
                      I'll be able to watch live Georgia, Ohio State and 'Bama on saturday, UCLA's game way too late. And I'm watching as live right after church on Sunday the Oregon game.
                      They'll show the Auburn game live too, but I'll only watch it tomorrow.
                      Come on saturday!
                      All warfare is based on deception.
                      Sun Tzu - Art of war - Chapter One - Laying Plans

Comment

The Michigan QB will not make it through the season (IMO) if he continues to carry the ball over 25 times a game.
                        SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Originally posted by Cap. Teancum View Post
                          I didn't watch the Sooners. I'll be looking for Michigan game this week. I just love their QB. Impressive kid.
                          I'll be able to watch live Georgia, Ohio State and 'Bama on saturday, UCLA's game way too late. And I'm watching as live right after church on Sunday the Oregon game.
                          They'll show the Auburn game live too, but I'll only watch it tomorrow.
                          Come on saturday!
                          Its not watching Ohio State. Its watching the Canes.

Comment

Sorry Ibis, but you are going to get outnumbered here. Have to pull for the Big Ten - even if we don't like the Buckeyes - it will help our conference nationally.
                            "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."

Comment

Originally posted by Twitter3 View Post
                              Sorry Ibis, but you are going to get outnumbered here. Have to pull for the Big Ten - even if we don't like the Buckeyes - it will help our conference nationally.
                              No worries. Canes relish being the villian. Well at least they used to back in the good old days.

Comment

The good news (if you can call it that for the loser) is they still will face several ranked and in conference opponents so they can climb back up the polls.

Comment

Working...
                                X