No announcement yet.

College Football 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R. Evans - I cannot complain with anything you wrote. As a Badger fan, it seemed we underestimated TCU and when Wis. finally woke up out of their 'We're from the Big 10 - Who the hell are you?' trance it was too late. Speed kills and when we stuck to running the ball between the tackles we could push them around. When we ran outside and/or threw the ball, they were too fast for our blockers and that was that.

I will be rooting for the Big 10 tonight (sorry I can't say the name of your school...it hurts me).
    "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
    -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitter3 View Post
      R. Evans - I cannot complain with anything you wrote. As a Badger fan, it seemed we underestimated TCU and when Wis. finally woke up out of their 'We're from the Big 10 - Who the hell are you?' trance it was too late. Speed kills and when we stuck to running the ball between the tackles we could push them around. When we ran outside and/or threw the ball, they were too fast for our blockers and that was that.

I will be rooting for the Big 10 tonight (sorry I can't say the name of your school...it hurts me).
      That's okay, I know their name.

Saturday was a black day for the Big 10.

And you're right, I don't understand why Wisconsin felt the need to run outside. I would've fed TCU a steady diet of Ball and Clay straight up the middle. You neutralize speed by running staight at it. It wouldn't have been pretty but I'll bet the Badgers would've won.
      Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
        That's okay, I know their name.

Saturday was a black day for the Big 10.

And you're right, I don't understand why Wisconsin felt the need to run outside. I would've fed TCU a steady diet of Ball and Clay straight up the middle. You neutralize speed by running staight at it. It wouldn't have been pretty but I'll bet the Badgers would've won.
        Bob, do you think the 5 guys suspended for 5 games next year will really all be back? I can't see Pryor jumping yet. He's not polished enough if he wants to play quarterback in the NFL and another year would help. But what of guys like Posey?

I'll say this much - without those 5, Miami's chances at an upset definately will go up.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Ibis View Post
          Bob, do you think the 5 guys suspended for 5 games next year will really all be back? I can't see Pryor jumping yet. He's not polished enough if he wants to play quarterback in the NFL and another year would help. But what of guys like Posey?

I'll say this much - without those 5, Miami's chances at an upset definately will go up.
          Well, supposedly Tressel made them all pledge to come back and serve their suspensions otherwise he was going to sit them for the Sugar Bowl. Now whether they honor their word is another story.

I also suspect that the suspension will be shortened to 2 or 3 games rather than 5. Five seems a bit steep considering this wasn't a scandal that involved illegal payments from boosters, no-show jobs, academic cheating or recruiting violations. It was players selling memorabilia that they "thought" was theirs. It's an archaic rule but a rule nonetheless.

I think it should be 3 games. They should be suspended for a game, Miami, where it makes a difference. But 5 is excessive.

Comment

• Well after Monday nights game I am not longer a fan of the Bowl System a playoff needs to be put in place maybe for the top four or eight rated teams.

The fact that Boise was not invited Jan 1 game and the crushing defeat of a lot of those teams that did get invites just proves something is wrong.

My second point would be I could get behind the Bowl system if everyone still played on the 1st but now we got a game on Jan 10th. Some how interfering with there education which was a good arguement goes out the window when the players are preping for a game in a whole new qtr or semester.

Comment

• Good article on the whole sordid mess in Columbus:

Terrelle “The Truth” Pryor is my favorite college football player and it isn’t just the way the Ohio State quarterback can shred defenses.

Pryor is a godsend to anyone who believes the business of college athletics is little more than a smoke-and-mirror show of situational ethics, selective enforcement and tightly controlled public relations designed to dodge taxes and make millionaires out of administrators.

Perhaps no player has ever exposed the system and its handlers more clearly than Pryor leading into Tuesday’s Sugar Bowl against Arkansas. He may not have consciously planned to do what he’s doing – although I suspect he has a clue – but he’s become a WikiLeaks in shoulder pads; a “30 For 30” special in real time.
              http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...dw-pryor010311

Comment

Good article on the whole sordid mess in Columbus:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...dw-pryor010311
                Thanks for the link. I'd rep you, but the system said can't give you another so soon.

Comment

And how about my Big 10? Started off with Illinois and Iowa winning their bowl games and looking good while doing it. New Years' Day rolls around and the Big 10 has 5 teams in action. What happens? All 5 lose and 2 of them in resounding fashion. What a horror show! So let's thank the Michigan schools for barely showing up and folding like cheap suits when they got hit. Michigan Wolverines especially. This is the 3rd game in a row where they just flat out quit. So long Rich Rod, been nice kicking your a$$ but I doubt that the Michigan faithful want another year of your pi$$-poor football teams.

I kind of figured that Alabama would thump Mich. State but I didn't think the score would be 49-7. More like 35-20 or something like that. Another team of quitters.

Wisconsin? Way to run it up during the regular season on hapless foes and then when you play a team that fights back, you also fold up like a cheap suit.

Penn State? No gripes here. Played a decent game except for the turnovers and were driving for a go ahead score when another INT did them in. Entertaining game though and it really could've gone Penn St.'s way.

Northwestern? Again no gripes. Came back from a huge hole and almost got a win against a team with a far better record. Nice try and I'd be willing to bet the outcome would've been different had the Wildcats had their regular QB healty and able to play in the game. Dan Persa was/is a huge part of their offense. Plus Pat Fitzgerald just might be the best coach in the college game working today. He gets Northwestern to a bowl game just about every year, has a competitive team and does all this with very stringent school standards that handicap his recruiting compared to other schools. Vanderbilt wishes they could pull off 7-5 or 8-4 every year.

Which bring us to my beloved Ohio State Buckeyes. Way to go guys! A major scandal prior to a BCS bowl game. Nice timing. Be glad the Sugar Bowl really wanted the Greedy 5 to play otherwise this game would go about the way Alabama-MSU did. It might anyway. OSU is winless against SEC teams in bowl games and, although I hope it changes tonight, I can't see it happening with all these distractions going on. Prediction: Arkansas 31 Ohio State 16 (why 16 for OSU? because Tressel loves the FG so much that the Buckeyes will attempt 4 and make 3)

Great insight Bob! I like college football more than the NFL, but that's just me. I kinda think OSU will win though.
                  My family and I went from thinking Tennessee would win with 31 seconds left, and then being crushed. When watching close games I walk around a lot and talk to the tv a lot. My youngest son did an impersantation of me watching the game that was pretty funny. As my wife reminded me it's just a game. Having kids helps me keep me to remember to keep my cool.

Comment

• Great game tonight! I thought OSU's defense would be the difference, and they made 3 huge stops. One after the safety, the 2nd after the 4th down that failed at their own 40, and the int at the 15 yard line after the blocked punt. I'm sure Bob was going crazy watching the game. If I was a fan of either of those teams, I would have been going crazy in the 4th quarter.

Comment

• A great game!

The Razorbacks had me sweating in the 2nd half, big-time! If those two had picked up that blocked punt instead of falling on it we would be talking about how OSU fell short yet again against the SEC.

Hats off to Arkansas regardless. The score was 28-7 OSU and the Hogs could've packed it in and gone home. But they fought back furiously and damn near pulled it out. No quit in them boys. I hope some of the Big 10 teams who quit on New Years Day were watching.

Comment

• Congrats Bob on a your boys winning a solid game. At least they held up the Big Ten on the national stage as an example of a quality team.
                        "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
                        -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

A great game!

The Razorbacks had me sweating in the 2nd half, big-time! If those two had picked up that blocked punt instead of falling on it we would be talking about how OSU fell short yet again against the SEC.

Hats off to Arkansas regardless. The score was 28-7 OSU and the Hogs could've packed it in and gone home. But they fought back furiously and damn near pulled it out. No quit in them boys. I hope some of the Big 10 teams who quit on New Years Day were watching.
                          Yep OSU did really well in the 1st half.Our Defense stiffened in the second half but our offense couldn't capitalize.OSU's defense bent but did not break.They didn,t allow Mallett to throw anything deep.

Dang hate to get beat by Yankee's
                          If you Ain't Cav,You Ain't S---

Comment

• "Penn State? No gripes here. Played a decent game except for the turnovers and were driving for a go ahead score when another INT did them in. Entertaining game though and it really could've gone Penn St.'s way. "

This is a game Penn State definitely should have won. The offense lost the game with 5 interceptions. Next year should be much better IF Joe gets the QB situation under control.

I think Joe will announce that 2011 will be his last year. The program needs to have a smooth transition to the next coach which I think will be Tom Bradley, the Defensive Coordinator. If not, there may be a dark age in store.
                            God Save The Republic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scout32 View Post
                              Yep OSU did really well in the 1st half.Our Defense stiffened in the second half but our offense couldn't capitalize.OSU's defense bent but did not break.They didn,t allow Mallett to throw anything deep.

Dang hate to get beat by Yankee's
                              This will pass.

And you could tell that Mallet was getting rattled by the OSU pass rush. He was definitely tired of seeing Cameron Heywood in his grill all night long. There was one point where Mallet kind of kicked at Heywood as Heywood was lying on top on Mallet's legs. Definitely a little frustrated at being harrassed almost every time he tried to set up to throw.

Comment

• I'm leaving for the Auburn-Oregon game on Saturday. I have a really high emotional investment in the game. My tickets are horrible (corner of the endzone) - but I have been offered more than double face value for them.

Wife and I fly out on a charter with other AU fans. Get taken to the Squaw Valley Hilton. Get bussed to a mexican restuarant the afternoon of the game for 3 hours of open bar and open buffet. Walk 1/2 a mile to the game.

My time investment is massive (Saturday - Tuesday). My emotional investment is even greater due to the time commitment.

I really hope AU wins. Otherwise, it will be a very long and angry plane load of people going back to Alabama.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X